onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Tideswell - communications

Iron Curtain

Message / request to Martin Tideswell.

Can we please have a bit more general communication around what’s happening at the club. And I don’t mean the manager situation... I’m talking just general things Port Vale.

I had no idea that Richard Duffy was back working at the vale until it was on Radio Stoke today. 

We have heard nothing from Billy Paynter since his return, an interview would be fascinating. I would love to know his thoughts on his career and what he brings. What’s his official role, he was on the bench today I think... what’s his role in this interim period.

How did Ryan Campbell Gordon’s loans at Hednesford and Gainsborough Trinity go? I had no idea he was back at the club.

Where was Fitz today? Does he have Covid? A knock? The makeup of the bench indicates it wasn’t just him being dropped.

How are the players coping with Covid? Can we get some interviews?

I get that Covid makes this hard, but it feels communications at the club have slipped at a time that the fans are craving that connection that’s lost because we can’t attend the game.

Advert

3 minutes ago, Iron Curtain said:

Message / request to Martin Tideswell.

Can we please have a bit more general communication around what’s happening at the club. And I don’t mean the manager situation... I’m talking just general things Port Vale.

I had no idea that Richard Duffy was back working at the vale until it was on Radio Stoke today. 

We have heard nothing from Billy Paynter since his return, an interview would be fascinating. I would love to know his thoughts on his career and what he brings. What’s his official role, he was on the bench today I think... what’s his role in this interim period.

How did Ryan Campbell Gordon’s loans at Hednesford and Gainsborough Trinity go? I had no idea he was back at the club.

Where was Fitz today? Does he have Covid? A knock? The makeup of the bench indicates it wasn’t just him being dropped.

How are the players coping with Covid? Can we get some interviews?

I get that Covid makes this hard, but it feels communications at the club have slipped at a time that the fans are craving that connection that’s lost because we can’t attend the game.

Richard Duffy is helping coach the academy u13s twice a week. 

Here’s Billy Paynters interview

https://www.port-vale.co.uk/news/2020/october/billy-paynter-appointment/

Billy Paynter also took some sessions this week with the first team along with Pugh and Sinclair. But it’s been a whirlwind week so revealing who’s doing what in the back room could have been the last thing on the clubs mind with so much upheaval this week. 

Am I right in saying we are only getting one manager and one player interview a week when we used to get two?

Theres a lot of secrecy surrounding the COVID situation I think, especially when it comes to positive tests and isolating. It’s hit and miss whether they reveal who’s doing what, but more often than not they do mention it if asked. Equally, unless the manager is asked on the radio then you will not get reasons why players aren’t on the bench.

Certainly the amount of videos this season has dropped, whether that’s because of Max leaving or the COVID situation I’m not sure. 

As mentioned in Ale & The vale podcast, what was the deal with Manny and Fitz yesterday.

I get that we don’t want to give away players availability during the week.

But on a match day surely letting fans know that Manny has a knock, or is isolating, or has Covid, or is being tested won’t hurt.

Vale fans are obsessed with the club, well I am anyway... we need info and to feel that connection of what’s going on.

Come on Martin... C- for me so far!!

Re the Covid issue, when a bunch of players were suffering at Newcastle last month the club did not name them. When folk were wondering why a doctor mate of mine on their forums said the club were not allowed to issue details of “non footballing” medical issues without the player’s consent. Equally, if a player has personal issues which prevent them playing, the club can’t blab about it in the media.

If you read Martin Tideswell’s Twitter it seems he has worrying medical issues at the moment. 

14 minutes ago, Jacko51 said:

Re the Covid issue, when a bunch of players were suffering at Newcastle last month the club did not name them. When folk were wondering why a doctor mate of mine on their forums said the club were not allowed to issue details of “non footballing” medical issues without the player’s consent. Equally, if a player has personal issues which prevent them playing, the club can’t blab about it in the media.

If you read Martin Tideswell’s Twitter it seems he has worrying medical issues at the moment. 

Not every Vale fan do twitter would be nice if it was put on this site as well as others.

I think MT  is one of the good guys, albeit sometimes a pain, and I believe he's not 100% currently. In the past he's definitely not shy at coming forward but perhaps if we are desperate for comms then maybe a direct message to the club even via its own Twitter account maybe best placed as opposed to an open message on a message board that the majority of fans don't read.

3 hours ago, PVFC_4_EVA said:

One of the small things I miss. Is after a win Max would do a video of the players going into the dressing room and shaking Sir John’s hand.

I think they were done by Meedja Studies Students from the University as projects, so this may not be possible currently.

6 hours ago, PV1973 said:

Theres a lot of secrecy surrounding the COVID situation I think, especially when it comes to positive tests and isolating.

I don't mind not telling us much about COVID. I think if you say player x or y is isolating days before a game, in particular a key player like Wozza or Conlon then you give the opposition an advantage knowing our team and possible impact of formations. 

Not saying anything means you can mix it up. I think its the responsibility of reporters to ask why player x or y is not in the match day squad after a game. I thought that should have been asked about Fitzpatrick yesterday.

2 hours ago, Jacko51 said:

That makes sense, patient confidentiality, in this case then the club has said all it can by saying A player has tested positive.

Archived