onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Tom Conlon as captain

boslemportvale91

Advert

I think he looks like a captain. Well-groomed. Doesn't celebrate his goals excessively, which I always like. Strong handshake, I imagine. 

Don't ask me to explain it. Just has a bit of drip, a bit of sauce. I'm all for it. Also has a strong Stoke accent. He's the most captainy player we have; a little bit Doug Loft, at times, just a little bit slower.

Also a nice historical link, in that both his great-grandfather and great-great grandfather played for Vale. 

1 hour ago, Joe B said:

I think he looks like a captain. Well-groomed. Doesn't celebrate his goals excessively, which I always like. Strong handshake, I imagine. 

Don't ask me to explain it. Just has a bit of drip, a bit of sauce. I'm all for it. Also has a strong Stoke accent. He's the most captainy player we have; a little bit Doug Loft, at times, just a little bit slower.

Also a nice historical link, in that both his great-grandfather and great-great grandfather played for Vale. 

No room for sentiment on here Joe. Re Colin and John Askey 

4 hours ago, Mario said:

I was surprised Pope was overlooked and might show that Pugh is not afraid of making a decision but pleased that Conlon got the gig.

The problem is Mario, Popes not going to play week in week out is he? I think you need a captain to lead every game and you’d say Tom Conlon is probably the best player to have the armband who plays every game when fit. 

11 hours ago, Joe B said:

Strong handshake.... 😂

16 hours ago, Nofinikea said:

In fact if you throw Smith in there too, whoever comes in has the makings of a new spine with years to offer.

Based on his performances of late he doesn't deserve a place in the team, never mind be made captain of it. He'll come good again though as he is a decent enough defender at this level. He would probably be better with a bit of pace alongside him.

Archived