Posted (edited)

I personally feel that this season is a write off i think our squad is severely lacking quality to get anywhere near the play offs would be a major surprise. If pugh can steady this ship i wouldnt be shocked if he was in charge for the rest of the season unless he does the same results wise as askey in the case she will be forced to get someone in. 

then we can give a new manager the summer to get rid of the dead wood and start building a side that he wants. I think we need a massive overhaul of players to get out of this you need fit athletic strong players and we have a side of aging legs 

The players that need to be moved on in my eyes 

legge 

joyce 

pope

robinson 

burgess

fitz

mills 

whitehead 

crookes 

cullen

a couple more names could be added to that but if you look at then names quite a lot of them are oart of our startin  11 and they are simply not good enough 

pope is a legend but at 3k a week that is a massive part of our budget on a aging player where i think could be used on some hungry up coming players 

there is a massive job on for the next manager because there really isnt much quality in our team at all. 

i think we were massively punching above our weight last year and it is showing this time around

Edited by Vale1995
  • Like 2

Advert:

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Some interesting responses on here to the latest development. I'd like to add some context. In the past TWENTY YEARS we have only achieved a top 7 finish in the league... ONCE. This was under MA

Check out wiki.  He's run the family business with his brother and father for 15 years and has his own football academy.  He's not been "just" a player and manager.  In view of the amount of crit

The meltdown on here is laughable.  Please can someone tell me the success we have had in appointing a manager since Micky left? None. Flitcroft being appointed DoF shows our long term visio

Posted Images

I personally feel that this season is a write off i think our squad is severely lacking quality to get anywhere near the play offs would be a major surprise. If pugh can steady this ship i wouldnt be shocked if he was in charge for the rest of the season unless he does the same results wise as askey in the case she will be forced to get someone in. 

then we can give a new manager the summer to get rid of the dead wood and start building a side that he wants. I think we need a massive overhaul of players to get out of this you need fit athletic strong players and we have a side of aging legs 

legge 
joyce 
pope
robinson 
burgess
fitz
mills 
whitehead 
crookes 
cullen

a couple more names could be added to that but if you look at then names quite a lot of them are oart of our startin  11 and they are simply not good enough 
pope is a legend but at 3k a week that is a massive part of our budget on a aging player where i think could be used on some hungry up coming players 

there is a massive job on for the next manager because there really isnt much quality in our team at all. 

i think we were massively punching above our weight last year and it is showing this time around

Cant argue with that. Squad is made up of garbage.

1 hour ago, Nofinikea said:

Tell me how it all goes wrong after a single result against Kings Lynn.  What happened behind the scenes after that result?

Have to say - it isn't the first or only time we've had a shocking and humiliating result against lower / non-League teams...but it did all seem to implode after that? Then we had some fans saying Askey had lost the dressing-room...but then came the Bolton result, and everyone saying oh, maybe he hasn't...but, then he seemed to again? and all this since October, really? I don't know what's gone on...wish I did?

3 minutes ago, LancyTony said:

Have to say - it isn't the first or only time we've had a shocking and humiliating result against lower / non-League teams...but it did all seem to implode after that? Then we had some fans saying Askey had lost the dressing-room...but then came the Bolton result, and everyone saying oh, maybe he hasn't...but, then he seemed to again? and all this since October, really? I don't know what's gone on...wish I did?

The bolton game was a freak result! And watching the game could of easily been us losing 6:3 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Fosse69 said:

Pugh has a couple of wins, more spirit in the team, leave the appointment until the Summer?

Not for me. Get "the right man" in, then he can keep us steady until the Summer break, and decide who goes and who stays having had a few weeks to assess things!

• Like 2

Advert:

32 minutes ago, Walter said:

Cant argue with that. Squad is made up of garbage.

I think Burgess, Fitzpatrick and Cullen and may do better in a more settled, more confident team?

2 hours ago, Vale1995 said:

legge 

joyce 

pope

robinson 

burgess

fitz

mills 

whitehead 

crookes 

cullen

ill throw mannys name onto that list. hes had more than enough time but ongoing injuries mean hes stealing a wage and it wont get any better. hes the clubs new sicknote. which is a shame because there is real talent there . we just dont get to see it more than 5 times a season.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Fosse69 said:

Pugh has a couple of wins, more spirit in the team, leave the appointment until the Summer?

Definitely not. It’s about time we appointed a proper manager. This is a massive decision for the club, the new manager will need the rest of this season to see what he needs in the window 

• Like 4

Advert:

Just to throw another name into the hat that has good spells but looking to rebuild is Gary Monk? Maybe pie in the sky but he could do a job at the Vale and likes to play good football.

10 minutes ago, OtterVale said:

Just to throw another name into the hat that has good spells but looking to rebuild is Gary Monk? Maybe pie in the sky but he could do a job at the Vale and likes to play good football.

I know we are back in lockdown but its still a bit early for drinking mate. 

• Like 7

Whoever we have needs to have a look at what we have got. Some players play better for different people. What he will have to look at, is all the sick notes what we have, not just many, amoo and Monty are in there as well.

11 hours ago, Joe B said:

You'd think he'd died the way some people are wailing about it.

The bloke has underperformed. He leaves with a pay off and our good wishes, and will end up with another decent job.

You're all heart, Joe.

• Like 2

With regard to Ian Holloway, there was an interesting piece in The Times yesterday about Grimsby. 

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/paul-hurst-picking-up-mess-left-by-ian-holloway-as-grimsby-town-eye-new-era-2zz88sz82

It's behind a paywall but here is the significant paragraph:

"Without the arrival of Covid-19, and other off-field distractions, things might have been different. Holloway, though, walked away having signed 16 players in the summer, most of whom are simply not good enough, and rather than build a team to make people “proud”, he left them with a 30-man squad in desperate need of overhaul."

• Like 2

Advert:

Its amusing to read some of the names being suggested. I wonder if the stats guys amongst us could throw light on how well big name managers have done in League 2 compared to the unknown managers. My big worry is managers who have been round the block and sitting on huge pay offs will not have the desire or the commitment. Hope we don't go down the ex player route. However I will get behind whoever is appointed and hope for the best its not going to be an easy choice.   

3 minutes ago, Jacko51 said:

With regard to Ian Holloway, there was an interesting piece in The Times yesterday about Grimsby. 

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/paul-hurst-picking-up-mess-left-by-ian-holloway-as-grimsby-town-eye-new-era-2zz88sz82

It's behind a paywall but here is the significant paragraph:

"Without the arrival of Covid-19, and other off-field distractions, things might have been different. Holloway, though, walked away having signed 16 players in the summer, most of whom are simply not good enough, and rather than build a team to make people “proud”, he left them with a 30-man squad in desperate need of overhaul."

There we go says a lot about so called proven managers ! 

5 minutes ago, bomber said:

There we go says a lot about so called proven managers ! 

Holloway is a proven clown