• Like 3

Advert:

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Some interesting responses on here to the latest development. I'd like to add some context. In the past TWENTY YEARS we have only achieved a top 7 finish in the league... ONCE. This was under MA

Check out wiki.  He's run the family business with his brother and father for 15 years and has his own football academy.  He's not been "just" a player and manager.  In view of the amount of crit

The meltdown on here is laughable.  Please can someone tell me the success we have had in appointing a manager since Micky left? None. Flitcroft being appointed DoF shows our long term visio

Posted Images

1 minute ago, darren1810 said:

Just tell us then 

1. Who stabbed him in the back

2. Who you think you know is getting the job 

Ignore him he's just looking for attention, he knows nowt thats the benefit of the Shanahan regime no leaks just get on with business .

Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, darren1810 said:

1. Who stabbed him in the back

2. Who you think you know is getting the job 

1. Brutus

2. Mark Anthony

Followed by civil war.

Edited by toyahw
  • Like 1

Advert:

4 minutes ago, darren1810 said:

Yes I shall refrain. 

Mckirdy bound to be one of the answers 😂

We will find out in time if McKirdy and Robinson were the problem, be funny if the new manager puts Robinson in a system that suits hime and he finds his scoring boots.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Jacko51 said:

What about him?

He'll be back on Quest I reckon, or the Michael O'Neill love in with Colin Murray as it's now known. 

3 minutes ago, Nofinikea said:

Folks, you are in some sort of frenzy.  Has Askey been rubbish since he got here?  No 

Did we start the season with a bit of promise? Yes

Tell me how it all goes wrong after a single result against Kings Lynn.  What happened behind the scenes after that result?

Something is amiss.  No way does a bloke like Askey, somebody with a steady and systematic approach suddenly implode after 1 poor result.  Not a chance.  Something happened after that result beyond his control, of that I am 100% certain.

Well I do think the lockdown may have created more complications than we think. The settled squad we had looked promising but none of the new signings have done much and that might be because they have been unable to break the social cliques of the existing settled squad because they have not had the time to bond? 

However Kings Lynn was not a one off, we had struggled prior for goals and chances. That game was chickens coming home to roost, although it was the first time I recall Legge being so awful and he has carried on with that. 

4 minutes ago, Nofinikea said:

Folks, you are in some sort of frenzy. 

Nah, just a sad sense of resignation. And here we go again. It is getting tedious. But you know, this is Vale. We suck it up  and carry on. 

Advert:

10 minutes ago, ADS said:

What about Ian Holloway?

I would like him but he was not cheap for Grimsby and his signings were barely better than Askey’s if you consider progress made.

Fleetwood are now looking for a manager, so I guess the better ones will drawn there and if they fail or don't get an interview they will drop down a rung.

Advert:

To be fair it's pretty obvious the players are to blame. End of the day they clearly stopped playing for him. Also well known Pope didn't see eye to eye with John, but tbf to Tom he would never down tools. Pity some of the rest couldn't follow his example
Sadly players have too much power nowadays and I do feel sorry for Askey, but I guess it comes with the job.

You are quite right.  I have no inside knowledge but I can see what hasn't happened as well as what has.
  • Like 1

I just asked my Sunderland fan friend about Phil Parkinson...her words:

"<ovf censored>. Only got a plan A, once teams latch on to his plan A tactics he’s <ovf censored>, he doesn’t have a plan B and never changes his ways ! 

I thought she'd misunderstood and was talking about JA??? haha

She also says she's seen that Emile Heskey is being linked with the vacancy...I'll get me coat!