39 minutes ago, Diego Maradona said:

Don’t put your eggs in one basic. 

Have the chance to loan players from clubs in top 2 leagues.

Also, have the infrastructure in place to bring through more decent home grown.

Why would you limit yourself?

Totally spot on,Carol would love us to bring through our own young lads but that will take time to put everything in place,she also wants the loans from the championship and premier in the off chance that they get released at some point and we can snap them up(like Taylor and Clark at one point) to nurture then sell on in the future

Advert:

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Some interesting responses on here to the latest development. I'd like to add some context. In the past TWENTY YEARS we have only achieved a top 7 finish in the league... ONCE. This was under MA

Check out wiki.  He's run the family business with his brother and father for 15 years and has his own football academy.  He's not been "just" a player and manager.  In view of the amount of crit

The meltdown on here is laughable.  Please can someone tell me the success we have had in appointing a manager since Micky left? None. Flitcroft being appointed DoF shows our long term visio

Posted Images

5 minutes ago, Aguar61 said:

Who the hell would want to inherit bloody pugh? Failure continuity? Give me strength....

I would hope he moves to somewhere in the coaching set up ideally youth team(he is actually a very good coach and worth keeping) but a new manager should not be told to keep him as a number 2

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, werstayinup said:

I would hope he moves to somewhere in the coaching set up ideally youth team(he is actually a very good coach and worth keeping) but a new manager should not be told to keep him as a number 2

Better put than me ,sir😁

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Joe B said:

Excellent to read. It won't be Pugh. Experienced manager coming.

https://www.stokesentinel.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/port-vale-carol-shanahan-manager-4935482

This line should have been said the day of Askey's sacking and it would have saved a lot of worry. Glad we've got here in the end:

Hope he is sat in the stands on Saturday.

Give the players something to play for.

• Like 1

Advert:

2 minutes ago, philmpv said:
17 minutes ago, Sandyford_Lion said:
Hope he is sat in the stands on Saturday.
Give the players something to play for.

Apart from their wages you mean?

Thats the problem they picked up their wages after last nights performance

The worry for me is twofold :
Firstly whoever takes control will not be everyone's first choice and plenty will immediately jump on the "I never wanted him in the first place" bandwagon as soon as we lose 2 on the bounce.
Let's be honest here, we are where we are for good reason and to turn this around is going to take time, money and above all patience - especially from us fans......especially those who are always right.
Secondly, if there is any truth about the numerous rumours circulating, is the board going to act first to weed out any trouble makers and will the new manager have full control of whatever footballing matters he deems necessary

• Like 3

7 hours ago, MBE said:

Hallelujah.... I'm more happy we have actually communicated our intentions.

Carol's criteria for the new manager has sound logic. My only question mark would be the new manager must keep Pugh around. This has potential to be a sticking point but I would hope not.

Fully agree. For me the one thing that has massively been lacking during this whole debacle is communication. Which is so uncharacteristic for Carol and the club as a whole under her stewardship. I understand and wouldn’t expect the club to tell us every detail of everything going on. But what a difference this one article makes to people’s sanity! 

• Like 1

I have to admit the silence had shook my faith in her a little bit. Because the void through the lack of information from the club was being filled with all sorts of rumours and worries from us fans which is generally what happens when you haven't heard from a loved one who you know is having a bad time. At least now we know she is working on it, she has a plan and she won't be rushing in to fill a role that is the most important and most difficult position to get right.

• Like 1

The silence never worried me at all, I was always fully behind Carol and firmly believed that she was quietly going on with the business of running the club - in the best interests of the club and it's future.

• Like 6

Advert:

16 hours ago, Jacko51 said:

Money and squad size. 

You can buy and sell in a transfer window....?

11 hours ago, Aguar61 said:

Who the hell would want to inherit bloody pugh? Failure continuity? Give me strength....

It would be good for a new manager to bring in more staff that they want than just the dep.

It makes sense to say welcome aboard, and bring an assistant and some coaches with you who understand and buy into the philosophy.

5 minutes ago, 1 said:

You can buy and sell in a transfer window....?

But by common consent on here no one would be daft enough to buy any of our players so how do we make room in the squad? And if we simple de-register players how do we stick to the wage cap when we still have to pay them?

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Jacko51 said:

But by common consent on here no one would be daft enough to buy any of our players so how do we make room in the squad? And if we simple de-register players how do we stick to the wage cap when we still have to pay them?

We do have saleable assets, Conlon,Worrall, Rodney,Gibbo,Hurst,Taylor and I’d say Scott Brown who shouldn’t be judged just on this season. These are the players that we can’t afford to lose, if we’re looking ahead. All teams will have players that no one else would be interested in buying and will be released at the end of their current contracts. I agree de registering is not the always the way of solving a problem unless you can move those players on, so we’ll know if it’s worked by Tuesday next week. 

• Like 2

Advert:

7 minutes ago, 1 said:

It would be good for a new manager to bring in more staff that they want than just the dep.

It makes sense to say welcome aboard, and bring an assistant and some coaches with you who understand and buy into the philosophy.

Indeed, but it seems like that won't be happening, going from Carol's comments in The Sentinel interview -

we need somebody that will work with the staff we have got

and

I have a lot of time for Danny Pugh and I very much want him part of the future of Port Vale

She also said -

We are a development club. So we want there to be a link with the academy because football is moving towards youth

That's Sinclair's role she's talking about.

So, it seems that both Pugh and Sinclair will still be around after a new manager is appointed.

The new boss will need to be a strong character, as its not worked well in the past when a manager has come in and had to work with coaching staff from the previous regime, in some cases where they had been in with a shout of getting the job themselves....and eventually did! (Sinnott had to have Glover as his assistant, Ribeiro had Brown as a 1st team coach and reportedly barely used him/didn't want him).

To me, it makes it all the more important that the new guy has a bit of experience behind him and is able to stamp his authority on not only the squad, but the whole footballing side.

24 minutes ago, Jacko51 said:

Conlon would certainly be one that clubs will be watching. I guess gibbo as well once he gets back up and running. Suppose we have to hope someone does come in for the likes of Robinson and mckirdy? Be tough for us to keep signing players without anyone going the other way