onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Next Manager

davehartshill

Advert

Of course, if we can't afford anything else, then fine.
I think the owners are aware that season ticket sales will be a lot lower next year and even if its just for next season we may have to accept that the cheapest option is the only option where the manager is concerned

47 minutes ago, werstayinup said:

Could all be said for any manager who comes in of course whether experienced or not,any manager will be a gamble

Of course, but we can't avoid appointing externally as we're scared of things going wrong. That's just inertia.

1 hour ago, Joe B said:

Of course, but we can't avoid appointing externally as we're scared of things going wrong. That's just inertia.

Very true,just as we cant get obsessed with an experienced manager thinking that will work,just shows what a difficult choice it is for the owners as they have got to get it right

1 minute ago, vale victory said:

It’s a vicious circle

Carol offers refund or discount

Less money coming in then

Less money to spend on a manager and the team

Horrible position to be in

Exactly. Household finances will dictate more this time,as we have 4 to renew without any return.(except ifollow )Critical times ahead.

Guest Vale at home
25 minutes ago, ELDERBEZZA said:

Exactly. Household finances will dictate more this time,as we have 4 to renew without any return.(except ifollow )Critical times ahead.

Yes I agree . Well said. Good Luck vale . Please keep trying. All our supporters Love the vale .. 

STOP PRESS:

Rafael Benitez leaves his managerial position at Dalian Professional in China with immediate effect

He could easily take a pirogue ride up and down the Trent & Mersey every day

He looks like he'd enjoy the odd oatcake or four too

It's not like he needs a big salary

Everyone's a winner...

Points-with-Bone

1 hour ago, werstayinup said:

Very true,just as we cant get obsessed with an experienced manager thinking that will work,just shows what a difficult choice it is for the owners as they have got to get it right

I'm not bothered about experience; the evidence suggests it's not that important at this level.

I do want someone who can maximise the abilities of a squad built with a salary cap. If that's Pugh, then great, but I hope he is subjected to the same process as every other credible applicant. Winning some games with a decent squad is not evidence he is the right man in the long-term. Neil Aspin improved results initially. Dean Glover improved results initially. 

2 hours ago, dishydave said:
3 hours ago, Joe B said:
Of course, if we can't afford anything else, then fine.

I think the owners are aware that season ticket sales will be a lot lower next year and even if its just for next season we may have to accept that the cheapest option is the only option where the manager is concerned

they might be suprised again, good luck carol!😉

3 minutes ago, Joe B said:

I'm not bothered about experience; the evidence suggests it's not that important at this level.

I do want someone who can maximise the abilities of a squad built with a salary cap. If that's Pugh, then great, but I hope he is subjected to the same process as every other credible applicant. Winning some games with a decent squad is not evidence he is the right man in the long-term. Neil Aspin improved results initially. Dean Glover improved results initially. 

surely now it is important to bring in a manager who is promotion material, with excellent contacts and ambition.☺️

8 minutes ago, Joe B said:

I do agree,i would like to see Pugh use his contacts to line up the next incoming players and see what they are like,we cant judge on Taylor and Guthrie because Askey had already lined those two up

Archived