• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Some interesting responses on here to the latest development. I'd like to add some context. In the past TWENTY YEARS we have only achieved a top 7 finish in the league... ONCE. This was under MA

Check out wiki.  He's run the family business with his brother and father for 15 years and has his own football academy.  He's not been "just" a player and manager.  In view of the amount of crit

The meltdown on here is laughable.  Please can someone tell me the success we have had in appointing a manager since Micky left? None. Flitcroft being appointed DoF shows our long term visio

Posted Images

9 minutes ago, Iron Curtain said:

Listening to Pugh's interview today, he believes that Smith and Brisley have "done extremely well" since he has been in charge..... errrrrrr

Legge was not in the squad on Saturday as the boys in the team had done a great job.

It must be said, Crookes sat on that bench with panache and finesse. Legge can't grumble.

5 minutes ago, Iron Curtain said:

Listening to Pugh's interview today, he believes that Smith and Brisley have "done extremely well" since he has been in charge..... errrrrrr

You do have to wonder what games they are watching - but there again he may have a "low well done" in games compared to fans level.  He probably thinks running onto the pitch is awesome and getting into position is magical.  Being able to defend and kick balls out of the area and to a Vale player is not high on his well done list. 😁

• Like 1

Advert:

32 minutes ago, Iron Curtain said:

Incredibly worrying.

Now i'm sure Danny Pugh knows far far more than myself about football.

But that is a staggering assertion. They were both way off their game on Saturday , if that is doing extremely well then somebody is going to pan us 5 or 6 nil when they have a bad game. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, PVFC764 said:

You do have to wonder what games they are watching - but there again he may have a "low well done" in games compared to fans level.  He probably thinks running onto the pitch is awesome and getting into position is magical.  Being able to defend and kick balls out of the area and to a Vale player is not high on his well done list. 😁

To be fair to him... It was a question around Legge and there will be thigs he cant say if a deal is being discussed with another team. Im sure it was just a politicians answer. A bit of inexperience to say they have been doing well for sure!

48 minutes ago, Joe B said:

It must be said, Crookes sat on that bench with panache and finesse.

Is that two more lads from the youth team?

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, Iron Curtain said:

I spoke to an old work colleague earlier today, a Walsall fan, who watched the game on Saturday. Obviously took the wee wee out of the goals we conceded, but he added that he thought our two central defenders looked slow and cumbersome!!! But he was comparing them to their world beater Jules. 😀😀😀

Edited by sinnott2spinnit

Advert:

1 hour ago, Iron Curtain said:

He's hardly going to say they have struggled. Confidence is at an all-time low in that back line looks so shaky. The smallest knockback really throws them off the stride so he can't say anything else in public.

Manager bought in tomorrow.

Sling Robinson, McKirdy and whoever else we can shove out the door by Wed afternoon.

Thurs scout around.

new squad by Friday

press conference showing off the bright new dawn just before transfer deadline

secure that 14th spot come May

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, dishydave said:
6 hours ago, pete vale said:
Big risk because defeat at Scunthorpe and against Southend will throw us into the mire and heading for National League as daft as it looks/sounds

With the teams below us having games in hand and on current last 10 games form all but grimsby will be higher than us by game 30. So we can't afford to just carry on and wait until next season. We are in relegation battle.

Why can't people see this. Action needs taking now, it will cost a lot more not too. What on earth is going on?

Advert:

5 hours ago, werstayinup said:

Surely anyone mentioning Lampard is on a wind up 😉

Indeed, the idea of fat Frank delivering sarnies to the locals is an amusing image. I don’t think Lampard would be that good anyway. Anyone could do what he did with Chelsea...or Derby when they spent the money. 

We need someone in to retain our league status, dare I say Dino Maamria till the end of the season. I wouldn’t want him but his style of football would keep us in the football league, and that must be a consideration.

But I’ve just seen he’s the assistant now at Burton Albion 😟

Edited by Volcano

Why can't people see this. Action needs taking now, it will cost a lot more not too. What on earth is going on?
Because we all think we are to good to go down and so do the owners. All this talk of if everyone is fit we'll be ok. We haven't had our best 11 fit all season so what makes us think that's about to change now.
  • Like 1