Jump to content

Next Manager


davehartshill

Recommended Posts

2 minutes ago, CambridgeDon said:

I agree with that. We have to commend our owners - unequivocally - for the investment and resources they have put into the club, especially in the pandemic when they are one million pounds short of income. Just remarkable. 

What worries me now is that a footballing error of judgement might undo all this commitment, hard work and hard cash. I think it's a serious mistake to have put Pugh and Sinclair in charge and the consequences might be all out of proportion with the decision. Unfortunately by the time it becomes clear that they should never have been in charge it may be too late to remedy it.

At some point soon, push is going to come to shove. Let's hope it's sooner rather than later. UTV. 

Fully agree mate and for me you have put it perfectly. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, dantheman said:

Riiiiiight...okaaaayyy...

So we are not allowed to be disappointed with the current situation? 
 

Completely understand that there is a pandemic. There is no money in lower league football at the best of times let alone with everything that is going on. 
 

I am not attacking Carol in any way so please do not misinterpret my posts. She and Kevin are the best thing to happen to the club for years. But that doesn’t mean you can’t be disappointed surely??? 

 

Agreed, but you said you were very disappointed with Carol. Not the same to me at all.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, CAVALIER said:

Agreed, but you said you were very disappointed with Carol. Not the same to me at all.

I am disappointed though...

Disappointed that they are our owners - no way! 

Disappointed in the management situation - absolutely. 
 

I do think that mistakes are being made. Any deficit will only be worse if we finish the season in a relegation dog fight or worse. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Michael Duff.

Get him in. 

Cheltenham 1-0 Man City (71 mins)

Yes Pep Guardiola, multiple UCL winner, managed Barcelona and Bayern Munich to success, well his Man City. That’s the Man City that are, the all extents, the richest club in the world.

Even if they concede 8 in these last 19 mins, what an achievement.

Edited by Biddulph_PV

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

57 minutes ago, Iron Curtain said:

Grimsby are managed by a manager who isn’t related to their club and one we would have been happy with.

One thing for certain... Football isn’t simple. 

Just remembered he is associated with them having been their manager before! see football isnt simple! 😂😂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, Biddulph_PV said:

Michael Duff.

Get him in. 

Cheltenham 1-0 Man City (71 mins)

Yes Pep Guardiola, multiple UCL winner, managed Barcelona and Bayern Munich to success, well his Man City. That’s the Man City that are, the all extents, the richest club in the world.

Even if they concede 8 in these last 19 mins, what an achievement.

Duff out!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We need to go and get an experienced manager, give him an experienced backroom team ASAP.

It's a shambles by the sounds of things and we need to get some control. I dont think any of these currently in charge can do that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We need to go and get an experienced manager, give him an experienced backroom team ASAP.

It's a shambles by the sounds of things and we need to get some control. I dont think any of these currently in charge can do that.

It won’t happen

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, valiant_593 said:

Not sure that makes any sense or has any relevance what so ever. 

I think money has everything to do with it the situation. Why have we not invested in a new manager? Money

The club have consistently said they had budgeted not to have fans in until March this year. Its looking more likely we won't have fans until next season now. There is going be a big hole in our finances.

I'm also pretty sure sacking a manager, his backroom staff, refreshing 1/3 of the 1st team in January and bringing a new manager and staff where not part of the budget either.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, MBE said:

I think money has everything to do with it the situation. Why have we not invested in a new manager? Money

The club have consistently said they had budgeted not to have fans in until March this year. Its looking more likely we won't have fans until next season now. There is going be a big hole in our finances.

I'm also pretty sure sacking a manager, his backroom staff, refreshing 1/3 of the 1st team in January and bringing a new manager and staff where not part of the budget either.

Don’t disagree with that. I was replying to a post where it essentially said we can’t have a view unless we a spare million to invest

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

29 minutes ago, valeparklife said:

If we weren't going to appoint externally I'd have kept Askey.

Pugh just feels like Michael Brown v2.

I'd have more faith in Askey than Danny <ovf censored> Pugh. To sack a manager that deserved the sack but had experience and replace him with an absolute chancer that's also mates with lots of the players at the club will be an absolutely appalling decision by Carol, no matter what sunshine people thinks shines out of her arse every passing second.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, The Kalamazoo Kid said:

Today's manager-page programme notes summed it up for me - referring to the (interim) manager as 'Pughy' - yes, its only a nickname, but it smacks of all being a bit too cosy and 'jobs for the boys'-esque.

I said this at the time and got told off for saying it.

There were accusations flying around about the players, and it didn't help that they referred to their new boss by his nickname.

My fear is that, for some players, 'Pughy' represents their best chance of a new deal in the salary cap world, as opposed to an Adams type who will have them out the door at the first opportunity.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, TylerB said:

Steer us to relegation perhaps? Something for everyone Port Vale to look forward to. Might as well have just kept Askey or make Pope player-manager.

I would guess that if our league position looks worse after a few more games the board would have to act.  Obviously moves are afoot to strengthen the squad before that happens.  To be honest Grimsby and Southend look nailed on at the moment though. Time will tell.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Guitar Ray said:

I would guess that if our league position looks worse after a few more games the board would have to act.  Obviously moves are afoot to strengthen the squad before that happens.  To be honest Grimsby and Southend look nailed on at the moment though. Time will tell.

Shows what an utter mess we're in if that's a positive for us.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
  • Reporting Posts and Ignoring Users

    Admin don't read everything. Don't assume we'll spot rule breaking. Please report posts and we'll act on ASAP. If you're logged in use the orange report post button. If you're not logged in, please use the contact form

    If you can't get on with another user you can "ignore" them. Follow the link, type in their username and save - Click here

    Check with admin if you wish to sell/auction any items. We're happy to support good causes but check first - Contact us here

  • Friends of OVF




×
×
  • Create New...