Jump to content

Next Manager


davehartshill

Recommended Posts

5 minutes ago, Joe B said:

Grimsby are in absolute shambles. Forest Green was a reasonable draw in a game in which we were probably 2nd best. Today was appalling. I'm allowed to enjoy the Grimsby win and stick by my view that we need an external appointment to sort this mess out.

I think we've had played one decent half out of 6 (or 8 if you include the Trophy) since Askey was sacked.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

47 minutes ago, darren1810 said:

Think I'm right in saying he was sent off the other night against Walsall.

Passionate and feisty and the job at Morecambe is incredible .

Get him here for Tuesday's game please Carol 

I think he missed about 20 games managing in Scotland all in all! One individual ban ran for double figures...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, osprey said:

I have no idea why Derek Adams would come to the Vale at the  moment when he is doing so well at Morecombe, doesnt make any sense.

 

Why did he want go Bradford?? and why has he shown interest in the Vale job if he doesn't want to come?

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

40 minutes ago, dantheman said:

If all that’s true he should have been employed when Askey left! Very disappointed with Carol over all this. Commendable for being patient owners and giving people a chance but it has to be right. It is all to obvious that this is not right! 

You taking the piss? Cock.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, Guitar Ray said:

The pandemic has dictated the thinking with Pugh and Co. It’s clear that we won’t be challenging for promotion so they’re being allowed to steer the club until the end of the season, Carol said as much.

Correct we will not be challenging for promotion, but we are hurtling towards relegation.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, valiant_593 said:

Grimsby are getting hammered every game.

Grimsby are managed by a manager who isn’t related to their club and one we would have been happy with.

One thing for certain... Football isn’t simple. 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Jacko51 said:

I partially agree with you but I don’t think the million quid is irrelevant. We can’t spend what we don’t have - Carol at the moment is between a rock and a hard place. 

Sadly the rock and the hard place has been inflicted by putting faith in the wrong people. Again something that is commendable withour owners but has not paid off. They gave Askey every chance to be a success. They have looked after the whole club and wider community since they took over in the face of adversity. There are a few morons that have levelled abuse at her on various social media. Which is absolutely deplorable. But on the whole fans are behind the owners. 

But indecision has lead us here and we now need leadership to get us out. The million pound is not irrelevant. I never said it is. But the only way to reduce that deficit is improvement on the pitch. Sadly that means investment in a manager. No one is spending her money. It’s a football club in turmoil in the middle of a pandemic it can’t be avoided who ever the owner was.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

25 minutes ago, Joe B said:

I think you can simultaneously be very thankful for Carol, and also think she's making a bit of a pig's ear of this managerial situation.

That's unfair Joe B. Unless you're in the know, how can you say that? We may have no money to pay another wage. Like I keep saying to you, we don't know the finances. We'd all like someone new but with potential ST refunds , paying Askey off, paying those released off, a huge loss of income, tell me, what would you do? Spend money we don't have. Give the owners a break. 

Pig's ear? Come on. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, CAVALIER said:

That's unfair Joe B. Unless you're in the know, how can you say that? We may have no money to pay another wage. Like I keep saying to you, we don't know the finances. We'd all like someone new but with potential ST refunds , paying Askey off, paying those released off, a huge loss of income, tell me, what would you do? Spend money we don't have. Give the owners a break. 

Pig's ear? Come on. 

jim gannons available 😄:bomb::board::sos::nerr::drink:

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, dantheman said:

Erm... not sure I follow? 

It's not hard. Don't be disappointed over anything when the bigger picture is that there's a pandemic, we have no income, we are losing money etc. 

I don't follow your comment at all.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

27 minutes ago, Guitar Ray said:

The pandemic has dictated the thinking with Pugh and Co. It’s clear that we won’t be challenging for promotion so they’re being allowed to steer the club until the end of the season, Carol said as much.

Steer us to relegation perhaps? Something for everyone Port Vale to look forward to. Might as well have just kept Askey or make Pope player-manager.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

31 minutes ago, Jacko51 said:

I partially agree with you but I don’t think the million quid is irrelevant. We can’t spend what we don’t have - Carol at the moment is between a rock and a hard place. 

Worse than that I think. There's no end  in sight to the pandemic so what can they do? Let's bring another manager in, then reduce the playing budget. That's got to be plan c I reckon.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, dantheman said:

Sadly the rock and the hard place has been inflicted by putting faith in the wrong people. Again something that is commendable withour owners but has not paid off. They gave Askey every chance to be a success. They have looked after the whole club and wider community since they took over in the face of adversity. There are a few morons that have levelled abuse at her on various social media. Which is absolutely deplorable. But on the whole fans are behind the owners. 

But indecision has lead us here and we now need leadership to get us out. The million pound is not irrelevant. I never said it is. But the only way to reduce that deficit is improvement on the pitch. Sadly that means investment in a manager. No one is spending her money. It’s a football club in turmoil in the middle of a pandemic it can’t be avoided who ever the owner was.

I agree with that. We have to commend our owners - unequivocally - for the investment and resources they have put into the club, especially in the pandemic when they are one million pounds short of income. Just remarkable. 

What worries me now is that a footballing error of judgement might undo all this commitment, hard work and hard cash. I think it's a serious mistake to have put Pugh and Sinclair in charge and the consequences might be all out of proportion with the decision. Unfortunately by the time it becomes clear that they should never have been in charge it may be too late to remedy it.

At some point soon, push is going to come to shove. Let's hope it's sooner rather than later. UTV. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, CAVALIER said:

It's not hard. Don't be disappointed over anything when the bigger picture is that there's a pandemic, we have no income, we are losing money etc. 

I don't follow your comment at all.

Riiiiiight...okaaaayyy...

So we are not allowed to be disappointed with the current situation? 
 

Completely understand that there is a pandemic. There is no money in lower league football at the best of times let alone with everything that is going on. 
 

I am not attacking Carol in any way so please do not misinterpret my posts. She and Kevin are the best thing to happen to the club for years. But that doesn’t mean you can’t be disappointed surely??? 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
  • Reporting Posts and Ignoring Users

    Admin don't read everything. Don't assume we'll spot rule breaking. Please report posts and we'll act on ASAP. If you're logged in use the orange report post button. If you're not logged in, please use the contact form

    If you can't get on with another user you can "ignore" them. Follow the link, type in their username and save - Click here

    Check with admin if you wish to sell/auction any items. We're happy to support good causes but check first - Contact us here

  • Friends of OVF




×
×
  • Create New...