5 minutes ago, MBE said:

If the club appointed manger x who would cost a lot more in wages than Pugh do you think that would sway a decision in wanting a refund and/or renewing a ST if we still couldn't attend games next season.

I think its the kind of angle the club are going have to try and weigh up.

Personally I aren't too bothered about this season tickets. I bought them early doors not expecting to watch a game live until this Easter but wanted to support the owners, especially after they supported the local area. 

Have to say to renewal is a different story..... 

Yes I do  think it will affect decisions.

I usually pay for one ticket on the installment plan and one in cash 

My circumstances have changed. If there is no prospect of attending or the season peters out and my personal opinion about the management situation would come into play. 

Were my opinion that we have regressed or not been bold I'd sadly have to think about renewing purely due to my current circumstances 

Hopefully they might change in which case so would my prospect of renewing . 

• Like 1

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Some interesting responses on here to the latest development. I'd like to add some context. In the past TWENTY YEARS we have only achieved a top 7 finish in the league... ONCE. This was under MA

Check out wiki.  He's run the family business with his brother and father for 15 years and has his own football academy.  He's not been "just" a player and manager.  In view of the amount of crit

The meltdown on here is laughable.  Please can someone tell me the success we have had in appointing a manager since Micky left? None. Flitcroft being appointed DoF shows our long term visio

Posted Images

I meant it's a different ball game as more people will want refunds hence a shortfall as you said 
Last season most people let the club keep the money.
I've paid 590 quid for 2 season tickets and we watch the game together. We can get ifollow for 230 quid. Hence it's a different ball game to me letting Vale keep 70 quid back in March. 
It's not the fault of Vale by the way. 
But had I paid 590 for something I could get for 230 at say Ryan Air or the likes I would be going ballistic. 
I understand a football club is different but ultimately not everyone can afford to lose loads of money. 

Sorry I miss read your post mate

The season ticket situation and hospitality situation is a massive headache for carol

The club have lost a lot of money but face the situation of having less money for next season

We need to finish on a high to attract interest for next season
  • Like 2

In his pre game press conference, he confirms to Phil Bowers that they did play rugby then denies it to Baggers. Very strange.

Either way, he didn't say anything about injuries so maybe it was just a few impact issues.

4 minutes ago, Walka003 said:

In his pre game press conference, he confirms to Phil Bowers that they did play rugby then denies it to Baggers. Very strange.

Either way, he didn't say anything about injuries so maybe it was just a few impact issues.

UV were actually right in what they said about certain players getting injured. 

Advert:

Interesting one, the season ticket refund situation.  Surely the club will argue that we have had 23 * £10 = £230 of value through ifollow, plus free programmes?  Not arguing or critisising your post mate, but if the club had to repay 4000 ST monies - that's game over I would think.  I can understand that peoples circumstances could well have taken a turn for the worse and they may really need a refund.  Not sure what the legal position would be here?  Maybe a few away games could be thrown in as a sweetener?  Of course ifollow can never replace being at the game live!!      Unless we can be pretty certain of being able to actually attend games for all of next season I would have thought that the take up of ST's for next season could well collapse myself.   Very difficult situation for Carole.
You could suggest that they couldn't have anticipated that last season wouldn't finish but it was always a possibility for this season.

You could also argue that the club decided to sack and pay off the manager despite the current situation affecting finances.

I bought my season ticket last February before Covid affected the season and whilst I won't ask for or take a refund I would expect to be offered one once the club know how many games if any I will be able to attend.

I'm fortunate in that I have been able to work throughout the pandemic but if I had say lost my job access to 23 games on ifollow wasn't what I'd paid for and I would want a full refund.

This year will be a tough one for season ticket sales and I think its going to affect the club massively I also don't think we will be fully allowed in for the start of the season even with the vaccine

I know this is a different topic but we seem to have strayed on to it,i wont be asking for any refund off the club for my 2 tickets but it wouldn't surprise me if Carol offers a slightly reduced season ticket for next season to those who purchased this seasons ticket

35 minutes ago, dishydave said:

This year will be a tough one for season ticket sales and I think its going to affect the club massively I also don't think we will be fully allowed in for the start of the season even with the vaccine

With the vaccine i certainly expect them to allow a percentage in at the start,maybe we will get all season ticket holders in but i do think when season tickets go on sale the take up will be a lot slower this time around until things are a lot clearer

Advert:

Back on topic now. I'm not a fan of this give Pugh until the end of the season idea because if it doesn't work out then finding a new manager and him assembling a team is going to be a little to rushed and I fear it will mean writing another season off

• Like 1

Back on topic now. I'm not a fan of this give Pugh until the end of the season idea because if it doesn't work out then finding a new manager and him assembling a team is going to be a little to rushed and I fear it will mean writing another season off
Just keeping the options open. Pugh looking after the shop in the meantime. Managers unlike players can come in at anytime. Whether next season will be much different to this is unknown at present.

On the season ticket subject, surely there has to be some sort of refund? No offence, but I am not a charity to Port Vale. We paid for a season ticket not access to iFollow at £10 a game. There’s two of us in our house that both have season tickets and watch the same iFollow stream.

Obviously this is going to be a football wide problem and I’m not blaming Port Vale here.

Edited by SuperHuman

20 minutes ago, dishydave said:

Dependent on results he could get the job for next season as well and if results are good then why not? If he starts to falter then i am sure he will be replaced,at the moment he wont be on a managerial contract so wont cost a pay out as yet..sensible from the owners imo

2 minutes ago, SuperHuman said:

On the season ticket subject, surely there has to be some sort of refund? No offence, but I am not a charity to Port Vale. We paid for a season ticket not access to iFollow at £10 a game. There’s two of us in our house that both have season tickets and watch the same iFollow stream.

Obviously this is going to be a football wide problem and I’m not blaming Port Vale here.

I think this is the biggest issue.

4,000 people paid circa £300 to watch 23 games on a stream. Most will also be paying £200ish to watch most of the away/cup games. It's a lot of money for what has been pretty poor product (in terms of streams and footballing quality/success).

I don't think anyone will complain as it's what we all signed up for last summer, with no guarantees we'd see live football and being more keen to help the club in a difficult time. However, it wouldn't surprise me if a few simply can't justify the season ticket next season based on the amount of money spent this season and what looks to be a disappointing, lost year for the club. 

I don't think the permanent appointment of Pugh will mitigate this, unless he does turn out to be a great manager.

• Like 1

Advert:

Just now, werstayinup said:

Dependent on results he could get the job for next season as well and if results are good then why not? If he starts to falter then i am sure he will be replaced,at the moment he wont be on a managerial contract so wont cost a pay out as yet..sensible from the owners imo

I guess for me it's the issue of whether a short-term upturn in results is a sign that Pugh is the best man for the long-term. There's more to a manager than results in the next couple of months.

We have a big summer ahead of us, with an old squad and new salary cap restrictions. The squad itself isn't too bad, as evidenced by last season, but Askey clearly lost the plot towards the end.

As a result, I'm a bit hesitant of using a good run of form as 'that's it, give it to Pugh for next year too'. Will he handle the summer well? Is he going to be revamping the recruitment department? Does he have a clear vision for how his team are going to play? Or is he just doing things a little bit better than Askey was in the short-term?

The job should go to the very best applicant; the man who gives Carol the most confidence he is the individual to get us promoted and build a club capable of competing in the league above. The appointment shouldn't go to the man who was lucky enough to work for the sacked man, took over his team, and put together a good run of form. Do we all remember Dean Glover's good start?

For me it just feels that Pugh has been given a 90 yard head start over every other applicant, and merely needs to walk to the finish line to bag the job. Anything construed as 'competent' will probably see him given the job on the long term, and I think that should only happen if he is the very best of the pool of applicants.

1 minute ago, Joe B said:

I guess for me it's the issue of whether a short-term upturn in results is a sign that Pugh is the best man for the long-term. There's more to a manager than results in the next couple of months.

We have a big summer ahead of us, with an old squad and new salary cap restrictions. The squad itself isn't too bad, as evidenced by last season, but Askey clearly lost the plot towards the end.

As a result, I'm a bit hesitant of using a good run of form as 'that's it, give it to Pugh for next year too'. Will he handle the summer well? Is he going to be revamping the recruitment department? Does he have a clear vision for how his team are going to play? Or is he just doing things a little bit better than Askey was in the short-term?

The job should go to the very best applicant; the man who gives Carol the most confidence he is the individual to get us promoted and build a club capable of competing in the league above. The appointment shouldn't go to the man who was lucky enough to work for the sacked man, took over his team, and put together a good run of form. Do we all remember Dean Glover's good start?

For me it just feels that Pugh has been given a 90 yard head start over every other applicant, and merely needs to walk to the finish line to bag the job. Anything construed as 'competent' will probably see him given the job on the long term, and I think that should only happen if he is the very best of the pool of applicants.

Could all be said for any manager who comes in of course whether experienced or not,any manager will be a gamble