How i see it is that we all now know its going be pugh,if we win games he will be the permanent manager,its a gamble even if the new man was experienced as we have seen so far with Holloway,Hill and Hurst so i was quite open at having a young hungry manager who can adapt to the modern game,change formations etc... so why not Pugh,we just have to back him for now dont we,surely we all want him to succeed

• Like 1

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Some interesting responses on here to the latest development. I'd like to add some context. In the past TWENTY YEARS we have only achieved a top 7 finish in the league... ONCE. This was under MA

Check out wiki.  He's run the family business with his brother and father for 15 years and has his own football academy.  He's not been "just" a player and manager.  In view of the amount of crit

The meltdown on here is laughable.  Please can someone tell me the success we have had in appointing a manager since Micky left? None. Flitcroft being appointed DoF shows our long term visio

Posted Images

Say Pugh performs well enough to be given it full time i would be interested to see who he would want as his number 2,have to be honest i would sooner someone else and not Sinclair

18 hours ago, valiant_593 said:

So who’s signing players this month? Pugh or someone else? Then if we do rubbish a new manager has to come in and have a larger clear-out. Find it disappointing personally we need a decent manager and there’s quite a few out there. We shouldn’t rush but I would have thought interviews should have started behind the scenes and within another 1/2 games be ready to make a decision. 

lose poorly against forest green and fans will start going nuts again. 

Again I wanted Askey out but I just don’t see worth in sacking Askey to let pugh have it for the season. 

Agree. If I'm honest, if I was the owner I would certainly be keeping an eye of our PPG ratio having played 23 games now and those below less. It ws a massive 3 points v Grimsby in this respect.

The way it's going football will be suspended, perhaps Carol and the board don't want to be taking on a new manager and his salary in those circumstances?

We should be interviewing because if someone comes along who matches the ideals and blueprint for Carol's vision for Vale then it's a no brainer. Doing nothing is a cautious, possibly negative option and the 'cost' is relative.

Does make you wonder just how much was going on and by whom?

Edited by pete vale
spelling

on the pugh-sinclaire arguement, i noticed during the grimsby match, sinclaire never stopped moaning  to the 4th official during the match, pugh mostly stood there arms folded. reminded me of the micheal brown book of management. 😷:drink:

• Like 3

One thing that may have been overlooked is the amount of other coaching staff now at the club.I presume they would have to be paid off if a new manager is brought in,that’s if he doesn’t want them.

• Like 2

Advert:

I've noticed quite a few posters are against Sinclair. I certainly don't want him as manager but I'm interested why posters are against him as a coach alongside Pugh?

Guess because of his awful record in management. Talk of players not being happy he's in the club and other rumors I guess mate.

I've noticed quite a few posters are against Sinclair. I certainly don't want him as manager but I'm interested why posters are against him as a coach alongside Pugh?
  • Thanks 1

Advert:

13 hours ago, Davo666 said:

Wouldn't be at all surprised if it goes belly up with Pugh in the future Carol will go back for Askey !!emoji23.png

no chance!

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, valeparklife said:

Just moronic fans making up lies about things they have no way of knowing.

Yes,a few of the usual suspects seem to have reappeared?

• Like 1

On 12/01/2021 at 14:55, werstayinup said:

Say Pugh performs well enough to be given it full time i would be interested to see who he would want as his number 2,have to be honest i would sooner someone else and not Sinclair

Personally I’d rather Pugh the no2 and an experienced head as the manager. Sinclair I quite like, he has some fire about him which the club has been missing. 

• Like 2

Advert:

Sam Ricketts, ex-Shrewsbury, has had his odds shortened (14 to 8). Would suggest a bet or two has been placed on him.

As things stand Pugh is the clear favourite and then Coughlan, Murray, and Ricketts seem the next most-likely options.

7 minutes ago, Joe B said:

Sam Ricketts, ex-Shrewsbury, has had his odds shortened (14 to 8). Would suggest a bet or two has been placed on him.

As things stand Pugh is the clear favourite and then Coughlan, Murray, and Ricketts seem the next most-likely options.

Have to be honest i cant see any further than it being Pugh and get 4 points out of the next 2 games then i cant see a reason why not,either way i wouldn't want Ricketts thats for sure.

• Like 4