• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Some interesting responses on here to the latest development. I'd like to add some context. In the past TWENTY YEARS we have only achieved a top 7 finish in the league... ONCE. This was under MA

Check out wiki.  He's run the family business with his brother and father for 15 years and has his own football academy.  He's not been "just" a player and manager.  In view of the amount of crit

The meltdown on here is laughable.  Please can someone tell me the success we have had in appointing a manager since Micky left? None. Flitcroft being appointed DoF shows our long term visio

Posted Images

7 minutes ago, PV1973 said:

The same could happen with any manager whether they come in from the outside or not. 

Absolutely - there are no guarantees in football!

It might all be irrelevant as I’m told that the northern premier league have put out a statement saying that they’re null and voiding their season, so no promotion or relegation. They’re talking about starting the new season when it’s deemed safe to do so. We don’t need another salary to pay if other leagues are going to follow. I fully support Carol if she is waiting to see if our league becomes null and void.

Edited by Playa Amodores

44 minutes ago, Walter said:

That's enough for me want someone different.

Sick of these players getting everything they want.

They decided they didnt want the last man, so downed tools.

Get someone in from the outside and if they dont like it, they can <ovf censored> off.

This 100%!!! 

• Like 1

Advert:

48 minutes ago, Playa Amodores said:

It might all be irrelevant as I’m told that the northern premier league have put out a statement saying that they’re null and voiding their season, so no promotion or relegation. They’re talking about starting the new season when it’s deemed safe to do so. We don’t need another salary to pay if other leagues are going to follow. I fully support Carol if she is waiting to see if our league becomes null and void.

how does the Northern Premier league affect us?

22 minutes ago, Fosse69 said:

how does the Northern Premier league affect us?

Because if lower leagues do it and  Steve Bruce calling for a break, stating it’s morally wrong to carry on, more players testing positive for Covid, cash running out for clubs in lower leagues, more games being called off. Teams having to forfeit games because they can’t put a team out or play youth teams then surely this is the most sensible step to take.

In the women’s game they’re now down to the tossing of a coin to see who goes through in some games.

We are elite so able to carry on, the NPL is not allowed to play thus have barely played and can’t until March so you have no time to finish their season.

The main threat to ours would be if lockdown is tightened further and football is told not to carry on within that I would think.

7 hours ago, Playa Amodores said:

Our season wont be null and voided

Advert:

The same could happen with any manager whether they come in from the outside or not. 
I'm not happy at this player situation but If I was Carol I'd be absolutely fuming paying wages for people who have blatantly not been working for the last few months
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, dishydave said:
11 hours ago, PV1973 said:

I'm not happy at this player situation but If I was Carol I'd be absolutely fuming paying wages for people who have blatantly not been working for the last few months

We see this time and time again throughout football, this isn’t something new. Player power is massive when it comes to managers, especially if they want the manager out. What can a chairman do about it? The levels of performance between Mansfield and Grimsby from some players was like night and day. 

Edited by PV1973

12 hours ago, MBE said:

I hope the bookies have got it right, although I remember getting excited seeing Glenn Hoddle in the running before Aspin was appointed.😀

I heard he'd got the job but Norman didn't want Eileen Drewery taking over his status as number one loon as she was part of the package. 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, dishydave said:
12 hours ago, PV1973 said:

I'd honestly be furious that the man she paid to control a bunch of pre-madonna footballers couldn't do it.

Everyone knows what football dressing rooms are like, its not like it is a surprise that they are volatile and can turn on someone quickly.

Advert:

12 hours ago, Walter said:

That's enough for me want someone different.

Sick of these players getting everything they want.

They decided they didnt want the last man, so downed tools.

Get someone in from the outside and if they dont like it, they can <ovf censored> off.

Now now Walter,don’t you know it was JA’s fault for questioning some of the players’ lifestyles that led to all the problems.Didnt you see Saturday’s game,Butchers Dogs springs to mind compared with the Mansfield game.( Pope actually ran a few times).I hope we get a right hard nosed ba5tard as manager to sort some  of this lot out and ship them out.

• Like 3

22 hours ago, philpvfc said:

And end up with a other Sinnott?

I was thinking the same thing, but as my Mrs pointed out, for every Sinnott, there's a Ryan Lowe...

• Like 1

Putting emotion to one side, we have twin priorities this season - football and finances. If Pugh is able to steady the ship and move us out of the danger of a relegation scrap over the next few weeks, I think finances dictate that we give him the job until the end of the season. By May we should have have a clear picture about whether he's capable, whether we're likely to see fans back in August, etc. It's crazy to add even more to the wagebill at this precise moment unless there's a massive need to.

• Like 1