Next Manager

Heard a name mentioned a few days ago so had a look and he is 20/1 in the betting and that is Gareth Burgess. I didn’t know anything about him until I’ve done a bit of research. Uefa pro holder with the Spanish Fa thoughts? 

vic

Advert:

Just now, Diego Maradona said:

As others have stated, there are no guarantees with any manager. I’m certainly not anti Pugh. 

I’d rather Pugh until the end of the season as opposed to rushing and getting our third choice or whatever on a 3 year contract. 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, LancyTony said:

Nobody - obviously!

Nobody can guarantee promotion, which is why appointing a new manager, this rime. has to be based on their ambition, willingness to fit in with the owners' plans, salary expectations and football philosophy...amongst other factors. Going for the cheap option - which would be out of our hands if Carol went that way - has done us no good over recent seasons. Hopefully, time for a new ethos? 

Thought John Askey, was that choice,3year contract, so evertime we take a dip in form, let's take a chance with someone else, as you say no guarantees, would Askey have won sat.with a near full squad, we will never know, there is no reason why not as all the info coming out of the club is everything was hunky dory within !!??, if we had stuck with Askey and take that choice or do what we have and look for the manager which choice is right, it divides opinions, anyway I wish Danny all the best because like all fans I want success for the Vale. 

• Like 4

Advert:

7 hours ago, TJHValiant said:

People still tugging themselves off over the Cowley’s! I would rather we had Pugh and Sinclair with them getting the £1 million plus their wages would be. 

You have absolutely no idea what their wages would be!!!!!

Advert:

Can’t see it being Cowley. Has been linked to the Sunderland and Sheff Weds jobs in recent months so can’t imagine League 2 and the Vale will look an attractive option.

I’d imagine if Pugh gets us through in the trophy and we get something from FGR that he’ll get it until the end of the season. That would give him an opportunity to impress and the club the chance to evaluate the future re COVID and how that plays out in the next few months. The latter point particularly important given the £1m hole that Covid has created and where  there us no certainty around when the club gets back to a normal income level.

Advert:

34 minutes ago, saintvaliant said:

Can’t see it being Cowley. Has been linked to the Sunderland and Sheff Weds jobs in recent months so can’t imagine League 2 and the Vale will look an attractive option.

I believe they distanced themselves from the Sheff Wed job? And Lincoln were non-League when they first started their journey. As I've said before - money isn't everything...ambition, job satisfaction and success are sometimes more of a thrill! Don't get me wrong - I'm not thinking it's likely...but it would be a good move, I'm sure!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, valiant_593 said:

Cowley down to 4-1 now...

I hope the bookies have got it right, although I remember getting excited seeing Glenn Hoddle in the running before Aspin was appointed.😀

Edited by MBE