Next Manager

39 minutes ago, Wrex said:

I think if we're going down the head coach with director of football route then we may have to get used to changing managers frequently... if we weren't used to it already at least

If Flitcroft is handling the long-term then we can change managers a lot more seamlessly as they will only be responsible for setting the team up and keeping them motivated.

Sinclair will be heading the youth team up and developing them until they are ready for the first team. If will be up to the head coach to ensure they transition into the first team successfully.

Motivation is the immediate problem, hope that Flitcroft can do it for Saturday

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Eddie Ford said:

You should stop picking on people and carry on with your decorating 

I'm not picking on anyone.... I'm commenting on someone and their "in the know" comment which was posted on a discussion forum, and is therefore there to be, well... discussed.

My categories cover all eventualities, so its definitely one of them.

Which do you think it is? My guess, especially as Rory is now changing it to "May" is that this one was a wind up.

Which one did your "My mate knows Derek Adams and he definitely applied" in the knowism fall under?

If you didn't want to discuss them then a fans forum is a bad place to post them.

Edited by Iron Curtain
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Eddie Ford said:

You do, you pick on people. If they go against your agenda you pick on them & that’s completely wrong 

If by agenda you mean my view that people should not post things they have been told in confidence, or make stuff up to make themselves sound important, then I guess I do have one.

I'm sorry you felt picked on... your opinion matters.

Edited by Iron Curtain

24 minutes ago, pvfc_tommy said:

An outsider could be Victor Naldrane with Flitcroft's Bolton connections.

He really is an outsider. Can't find any trace of a Victor Naldrane on Google

Pugh back as joint favourite for the job. How many times do the bookies need to be told he doesn't want the job or is not ready for it?

Edited by MBE

2 hours ago, PortVale4Life said:

Gary Caldwell will be announced next week. 

26 minutes ago, pvfc_tommy said:

You really need to get outside more Mark. 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, pvfc_tommy said:

I'm not sure I ever really got the Victor Naldrane joke the first time it was used however many years ago

8 minutes ago, MBE said:

Pugh back as joint favourite for the job. How many times do the bookies need to be told he doesn't want the job or is not ready for it?

That will be for the rule that if he manages 10 games they will pay out... basically the bookies are saying we wont bring someone in before he does his 10th.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Iron Curtain said:

I'm not sure I ever really got the Victor Naldrane joke the first time it was used however many years ago

We were close to signing him from Bolton. Had a trial with Bradford and leeds as well

Edited by PortVale4Life

Surely Flitcroft won’t want his 1st job at Vale to be met with who? No! or meh.

I think a bit of personality and commanding respect goes a long way. Might be nice to have an exciting name!