Advert:

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Some interesting responses on here to the latest development. I'd like to add some context. In the past TWENTY YEARS we have only achieved a top 7 finish in the league... ONCE. This was under MA

The meltdown on here is laughable.  Please can someone tell me the success we have had in appointing a manager since Micky left? None. Flitcroft being appointed DoF shows our long term visio

Check out wiki.  He's run the family business with his brother and father for 15 years and has his own football academy.  He's not been "just" a player and manager.  In view of the amount of crit

Posted Images

11 hours ago, toyahw said:

I don't slate anything. I'm always super supportive of the club. Whatever. I just don't think this will do us much good. I didn't spend ages slating Askey trying to drive him out either. Unlike your good self.

I believe this was justified look at the state we are in do you think askey was the right man for a job. Askey going has given us a massive chance to rebuild the club and get some identity on how we play football. 

i stick by myself asking for askeys head as I believe it will benefit us in the long run

My feeling, for what it's worth is we should go down the highly rated U23 manager route from another club, this would fit with Carols "Vision" of development, yes it would upset those that want a ready built knarled experienced manager, but for me, the game is changing and a competent tactically aware coach who can develop players and get the club playing in a certain manner and give us some continuity is the way to go, and he will have DF to advise on a day to day basis.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, blackdog said:

My feeling, for what it's worth is we should go down the highly rated U23 manager route from another club, this would fit with Carols "Vision" of development, yes it would upset those that want a ready built knarled experienced manager, but for me, the game is changing and a competent tactically aware coach who can develop players and get the club playing in a certain manner and give us some continuity is the way to go, and he will have DF to advise on a day to day basis.

Just look at crewe they have a clear model in there club in style of play and develop there young players to come through and fit straight into the system when they get through to the first team. And they reap the benefits 

we have no identity as a team and we havent for a long time. 

as much as i hate them crewe have a very good footballing model and id love to see something like that happen at vale. 

• Like 4

Advert:

My internal conversation about what type of manager we need has pretty much ceased (which makes for a boring post, I suppose). I’m going along with what Flitcroft has said for now and that meeans I’ll be minded to support any appointment we come up,with because we seem to be trying to read the long game as squad rules etc change it. I’m a sucker for the long game, I’m afraid.

41 minutes ago, Vale1995 said:

Just look at crewe they have a clear model in there club in style of play and develop there young players to come through and fit straight into the system when they get through to the first team. And they reap the benefits 

I don't think we can do the Crewe model. It will take too long to establish and cost to much investment. It took Crewe  20 years plus millions of pounds from players sales over the years to establish and maintain where they are. They now have such a great reputation they pick up the best young prospects around outside of Man U & Liverpool because they have the academy status and a proven clear pathway to the 1st team. 

What we need to do is establish are proper scouting network at home and abroad to pick up young players from big teams who drop out at 18/19/20 years old plus gambles like Hurst to show them a 1st team pathway with a U21 team for development.

Its a huge challenge for the club to get it right.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, MBE said:

I don't think we can do the Crewe model. It will take too long to establish and cost to much investment. It took Crewe  20 years plus millions of pounds from players sales over the years to establish and maintain where they are. They now have such a great reputation they pick up the best young prospects around outside of Man U & Liverpool because they have the academy status and a proven clear pathway to the 1st team. 

What we need to do is establish are proper scouting network at home and abroad to pick up young players from big teams who drop out at 18/19/20 years old plus gambles like Hurst to show them a 1st team pathway with a U21 team for development.

Its a huge challenge for the club to get it right.

I agree, which is why I am very grateful the owners are up for the challenge, in terms of money, time and effort. By switching to a longer term strategy, they are creating work for themselves, but then again, I suspect they knew that as well when they bought the club from the previous owner.  The only area where I perhaps disagree is the time it might take us - I would hope we can cherry pick the best practices (and maybe personnel) from other clubs using Flitcroft's insight, and not take 2 decades over it.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, sunny boslem said:

Something like this sounds really good mate but like u say we need to change the squad age a bit 

is this another reason why we won’t play legge 

To be fair we were a circus I trust carol to sort it out 

I didn't say we were a circus i was quoting a crewe fan who said no way would Morris join the Vale circus

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Gallifreyan Valiant said:

Why are people criticising it. Its a fantastic appointment and can't help but feel John Mcgreal is coming in now. What a team that is. I think its good to try a new dynamic.

Personally i will be amazed if McGreal comes in

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Advert:

6 hours ago, MBE said:

Flitcroft's interview with the Sentinel is very good.

Reading between the lines I'm expecting a manager to be appointed end of this week.

Appears for the first time in a very longtime we are going to have a proper plan for the 1st team. Its going to be a massive summer of upheaval for the 1st team squad.

I also think we will have someone in place for this weekends game,maybe not to take charge of that game but i do believe we will have a manager

4 minutes ago, werstayinup said:

I didn't say we were a circus i was quoting a crewe fan who said no way would Morris join the Vale circus

Thats the thing now, we are perceived a circus, a crises every other week, but due to Carol & Co we are changing our identity bit by bit, and I can see us being an attractive proposition in the very near future, anyone in the game will know that the culture and the running of the club has changed dramatically, a real challenge for the right candidate.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Just now, blackdog said:

Thats the thing now, we are perceived a circus, a crises every other week, but due to Carol & Co we are changing our identity bit by bit, and I can see us being an attractive proposition in the very near future, anyone in the game will know that the culture and the running of the club has changed dramatically, a real challenge for the right candidate.

I think if everything she wants to achieve at the club are achieved then this will be a fantastic club in every aspect,i think there are a lot more plans to come from Carol and it can only be a good thing.

I think now this has all sunk in with fans and they have listened to what David and Carol had to say then the initial confusion has gone and i honestly cant see many people moaning about this now... so forward thinking imo

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, werstayinup said:

I also think we will have someone in place for this weekends game,maybe not to take charge of that game but i do believe we will have a manager

Wonder if it'll be the same one who was watching the other week !!! ☺️

Crewe fans saying we are a circus be well above them in 5 years ,couldn't care less what them or stoke fans who hate us think, not the reasonable ones the ones who you can chat too for hrs about the game and there game .

Make it happen Vale see you soon Stoke as for you Crewe we will be beating you very soon 

UTV 

• Like 1

Advert:

18 minutes ago, Breadwinner said:

Crewe fans saying we are a circus be well above them in 5 years ,couldn't care less what them or stoke fans who hate us think, not the reasonable ones the ones who you can chat too for hrs about the game and there game .

Make it happen Vale see you soon Stoke as for you Crewe we will be beating you very soon 

UTV 

This makes me want to watch Rocky