onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Next Manager

davehartshill

Advert

1 minute ago, CAVALIER said:

I've a mate who knows him quite well and have no reason to doubt him. He apparently applies for many jobs.

Sounds like a classic “in the know” answer I’m afraid.

3rd hand, someone told someone. 

People say this stuff all the time... could be right, could be a load of rubbish.

Nothing against you, but Im not buying it.

2 minutes ago, valiant_593 said:

If it’s true that he’s applied and didn’t make the shortlist then something is clearly wrong. 

If

This is why this “In the know” nonsense is so dangerous... without any concrete evidence whatsoever that he has applied people are surmising that something could be “clearly wrong”

It raises expectations and creates a negative atmosphere when something that may NEVER have been on the cards doesn’t happen.

4 hours ago, 1 said:

When people say Pugh will get the gig if we do well over the next few games, are we thinking until the end of the season or permanently? Surely at the most until the summer as I would prefer someone who’s got good experience, like Carol said.

Pugh won't get the gig long term, results will see to that.

We're in limbo, no danger of us troubling either end of the table, although bottom half is the most likely outcome.  It's easy for the club to leave Pugh in charge as a low cost option, saving us a fair bit of money by not having a permanenet manager and entourage on the wage bill.

As things stand there's no panic, we need someone in before the end of the season to assess the players and rebuild, but the club have a bit of time to try to choose the right candidate and negotiate the best deal.  The down side of this is that it leaves us with no direction on the playing side until a permanent manager is appointed.

22 minutes ago, Iron Curtain said:

People say this stuff all the time... could be right, could be a load of rubbish.

Your call. Message the club and ask them.

23 minutes ago, Iron Curtain said:

Should have added, what would convince you that he had ? What actual proof do you want? 

Back in 2009 we were looking for a manager when Micky Adams put in a last minute application. He got the job when it probably would have gone to John Ward without Adams throwing his hat into the ring.

I don't mind us losing to a good Tranmere side with Pugh in charge if it means we make the right choice of manager in the end. Not like we'd have won today if Rafa Benitez was appointed yesterday

8 minutes ago, Iron Curtain said:

I’m relatively confident they wouldn’t entertain random fans calling up and asking who had applied... and nor should they.

You’ve just answered the previous question mate. They won’t, that’s the point. I’ll say no more but trust me, something isn’t right. 

1 minute ago, CAVALIER said:

You’ve just answered the previous question mate. They won’t, that’s the point. I’ll say no more but trust me, something isn’t right. 

Again, I’m not having a go at you. 

But I don’t think I can be blamed for not believing anything that’s coming out of the fans “in the know” world. 

Seen it too many times and more often than not it’s just hearsay, Chinese whispers, mate of a mate stuff. No body ever thinks their mate doesn’t have the full story, nobody ever thinks their mate isn’t in the know as much as they think. These things escalate and become fact.

When Carol or Derek Adams come out and say he has applied, I will believe it.

8 minutes ago, Iron Curtain said:

Again, I’m not having a go at you. 

But I don’t think I can be blamed for not believing anything that’s coming out of the fans “in the know” world. 

Seen it too many times and more often than not it’s just hearsay, Chinese whispers, mate of a mate stuff. No body ever thinks their mate doesn’t have the full story, nobody ever thinks their mate isn’t in the know as much as they think. These things escalate and become fact.

When Carol or Derek Adams come out and say he has applied, I will believe it.

Who applies does not matter, it is who is appointed that does. 

Archived