Welcome David. shake the buggers up! Let's get our club back on track. You will be backed by the fan base if you can drag some success to Vale Park.

Thanks Carol/Kevin for again looking at the whole picture and attempting to resolve the problems. again we'll back you all the way.

My only reservation is(and I have no personal gripe about him) that Pugh is not yet ready to be the manager as such. I see him so far as a simple clone of Askey and if Vale are indeed to rise up the leagues then surely we do need an experienced, successful manager to work alongside Flitcroft.  

• Like 4

Advert:

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Some interesting responses on here to the latest development. I'd like to add some context. In the past TWENTY YEARS we have only achieved a top 7 finish in the league... ONCE. This was under MA

The meltdown on here is laughable.  Please can someone tell me the success we have had in appointing a manager since Micky left? None. Flitcroft being appointed DoF shows our long term visio

Check out wiki.  He's run the family business with his brother and father for 15 years and has his own football academy.  He's not been "just" a player and manager.  In view of the amount of crit

Posted Images

1 minute ago, Eddie Ford said:

But if you read what Iron Man puts on here then there is no such thing that people are in the know 

I knew you didnt understand what I was saying.

For clarity in small words.

There are some people who are genuinely "in the Know" and leak info on here... why? Who knows, an agenda maybe, that lovely feeling of knowing something that others don't. Maybe they weren't that popular at school and this is how they feel most important.... I have no idea. My issue there is the appropriateness of sharing that info and would suggest that sharing it isnt the right thing to do.

Then there are people who hear something from someone, and it gets locked in as fact. These people believe that their "Source" a) knows everything and b) tells them all the info that's relevant. These people THINK they are in the know, but don't have the full context and spread stuff that's misleading. My suggestion here would be its best not to share that info.

Then there are some people that hear something that via Chinese whispers has become nothing like reality and just decide its fact and claim to be in the know. My suggestion is that its bet not to share that info.

Then there are people who just make stuff up... these people are strange.

• Like 2

He clearly says in the interview he gives than Pugh has said he isn’t ready yet and they are prioritising now sorting the managerial role out.

McGreal worked for a DOF at Colchester... If he came in with Flitcroft above surely that would be a decent set up?

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, TJHValiant said:

Rather worrying. As if a local newspaper journalist should be having such a role. 

Listen to as many opinions as possible, come on here after a game for lots of opinions, local journalists are usually aware of things.

Advert:

Not sure where people are gettint pugh is getting the job from. Clear as day from what has been said that they are looking to appoint a manager and its not going to be pugh. 

• Like 9

1 minute ago, valefan16 said:

He clearly says in the interview he gives than Pugh has said he isn’t ready yet and they are prioritising now sorting the managerial role out.

McGreal worked for a DOF at Colchester... If he came in with Flitcroft above surely that would be a decent set up?

It would and I like that thinking. 

2 minutes ago, valefan16 said:

In fact McGreal, who knows how to get a team playing good football with Flitcroft could be the dream ticket. 

I'm quite looking forward to this I think it's a great idea to have someone to concentrate on all things behind the football while the new coach concentrates solely on the first team. Plus anyone who applies for a manager job and comes away with a director role is going to be able to convince good players to come

• Like 2

Advert:

Like people are going mad that a manager hasnt been announced yet but aslong as its within the next month whats the problem?? Are people expecting a new manager come in and zack mills to start playing like roberto carlos. Our squad is not good enough a new manager is not going to change that. Aslong as he has time to see what players he wants to keep next season i dont see the major rush in needing one appointed. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, valefan16 said:

I said it as a joke but I'd love it if that were to happen. Two managerial candidates, hire the good recruiter as DoF and the good coach as the head coach.

2 minutes ago, TJHValiant said:

In fact McGreal, who knows how to get a team playing good football with Flitcroft could be the dream ticket. 

Agreed but an expensive ticket. One I thought we were struggling to afford when it was just Flitcroft.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Vale1995 said:

Like people are going mad that a manager hasnt been announced yet but aslong as its within the next month whats the problem?? Are people expecting a new manager come in and zack mills to start playing like roberto carlos. Our squad is not good enough a new manager is not going to change that. Aslong as he has time to see what players he wants to keep next season i dont see the major rush in needing one appointed. 

They can at least adopt decent tactics and team selections. 

Re mills. I’d love a new manager just to drop that clown 

Advert:

19 minutes ago, eh up nah said:

Having listened to the bloke, I agree.

This COULD work, that's for sure.

A solid looking managerial appointment and I think we'll have some real direction.

Fingers crossed for that.

Nothing is certain but it is a plan not a knee jerk decision. He comes in as a trouble shooter to steady the ship which could come too close to the rocks for comfort. Firstly some  league points, discuss with Pugh better use of  existing  players, at the same time assessing Pugh as a future manager worth mentoring.  Assess quality of coaches. Check managerial applications and arrange interviews. March assess players, identify squad shortages with new manager. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Wrex said:

I said it as a joke but I'd love it if that were to happen. Two managerial candidates, hire the good recruiter as DoF and the good coach as the head coach.

Be delighted if that happens. It will be expensive though

• Like 1