Next Manager

4 hours ago, dishydave said:

Apparently Flitcroft was seen going into the club for his interview maybe he doesn't have internet to do a zoom call which is how most first interviews will be conducted so again let's stop with that rumour.

err, if someone doesn't have access to the internet then I can't seem them being appointed as an EFL manager in 2021. Will he sending telegrams to clubs in the summer looking for a new defender?

• Haha 1

Advert:

1 hour ago, Iron Curtain said:

I’d be happy with McGreal, I always liked his football and his was the name that sprang to mind when Askey left.

Not sure it would make the fans happy though, but that may be more due to expectations... when Paul Cook and Eddie Howe are being mentioned what hope have we got of a sensible view on the new manager.

I wasn't keen but having had a good look at his Wiki he seems to have done a good job in keeping a well run club competitive in League Two. This being sacked so the club can bring through younger players thing is <ovf censored>, he's always developed and used young players. The chairman just stripped the budget back as far as realistically possible in order to try and weather the financial storm caused by covid. McGreal has had four seasons, 8th (one point outside the play-offs), 13th, 8th (one point outside the play-offs), and 6th (play-off semi-finals). Reaching the play-offs with Theo Robinson has your top-scorer? Surely that's enough to prove managerial credentials!

2 hours ago, Iron Curtain said:

I’d be happy with McGreal, I always liked his football and his was the name that sprang to mind when Askey left.

Not sure it would make the fans happy though, but that may be more due to expectations... when Paul Cook and Eddie Howe are being mentioned what hope have we got of a sensible view on the new manager.

You can add Klopp to that list if they fail to beat Citeh, it's that daft.

• Like 1

Are Wigan without a manager currently ? I’d imagine that’s more appealing to the likes of flitcroft, I bet if that job gets taken we might then see what scraps are left after.

I’d imagine the club has been a little miss lead by lots of appealing looking applicants, but with many seeing vale as option B/C if the plum job doesn’t come off for them.

And maybe that’s why we had our expectation levels increased with the wish list.

Pay peanuts ....get ...well not very much

Advert:

6 minutes ago, dazzerjames said:

Are Wigan without a manager currently ? I’d imagine that’s more appealing to the likes of flitcroft, I bet if that job gets taken we might then see what scraps are left after.

I’d imagine the club has been a little miss lead by lots of appealing looking applicants, but with many seeing vale as option B/C if the plum job doesn’t come off for them.

And maybe that’s why we had our expectation levels increased with the wish list.

Pay peanuts ....get ...well not very much

I think John Sheridan is the manager 😱

Advert:

Advert: