Posted (edited)
21 minutes ago, werstayinup said:

Why do we know its going be someone really cheap?

I will honestly be amazed if we appoint Pugh,Heskey or Sinclair

I hope to God we don't appoint any of those three. New broom time,Carol. Send for Trigger!

Edited by Aguar61
  • Like 1

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Some interesting responses on here to the latest development. I'd like to add some context. In the past TWENTY YEARS we have only achieved a top 7 finish in the league... ONCE. This was under MA

Check out wiki.  He's run the family business with his brother and father for 15 years and has his own football academy.  He's not been "just" a player and manager.  In view of the amount of crit

The meltdown on here is laughable.  Please can someone tell me the success we have had in appointing a manager since Micky left? None. Flitcroft being appointed DoF shows our long term visio

Posted Images

Harsley is currently head of the Man City under 23’s side (or equivalent). Surely you don’t get a job like that without having something about you. Him being ex-Vale sort of makes me not want him, though as it never works out. 

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, philmpv said:

I propose VFIA. Their team selections alone would make Saturday the most entertaining day of the week, regardless of the result

Thanks I will tell him ,I'm sure he would whip them into shape and I hear he is only on 26 grand a year at where he works permanent nights and I'm sure he be happy take the job for a extra few quid for matches and training sessions which would involve passing to a Vale shirt and working on crossing and getting the strikers gambling at the near post to divert it in ,no stoke connections at the club though as hear he doesn't want listen to nonsense like agent Askey Kevan and now Pugh coming out of supporters of red and white stripes ,he would say do we not learn he would say were Vale not stoke .

So I will pass it on to him Lol UTV 

Edited by Breadwinner
Spelling mistake
  • Like 2

Hi everyone,

Seems my plan has worked. Anyone got any idea of a team suggestion for my first game in charge?

Emile

• Haha 1

56 minutes ago, TJHValiant said:

From the list, I’d like Sol. Good league 2 experience recently and did a good job with Macc. 

He is due a breakthrough role and I think that could be with Vale. 

Campbell managed 30 game at Macc and he did 8 months at Southend, we need an experienced manager at this time.

Advert:

38 minutes ago, Iron Curtain said:

I like the idea of Derek Adams too, seems no nonsense in his interviews and talks about the importance of team spirit being throughout the whole club. One thing I would say is he isnt the most motivational speaker, those that want Blood and Thunder and a rousing battle speech wont get it from him, he seems more measured and calm. 

Graham Alexanders win ratio is 43.0% which would put him a very close second on that list. He is tainted by his spell at Salford because on that budget he should have done better, but his ratios at Fleetwood (38.6% -  which would rank him 4th on the list) and Scunthorpe (46.9% - First on the list) were very impressive. Lets not forget that Salford took him because they were buying a very good, highly thought of lower league manager with a proven record. I remember thinking it was a great appointment at the time. As the boys said on the excellent Ale and the Vale podcast, his time at Salford is difficult to judge, its said that he didn't have control of signings and was often given players and made to make them fit. Maybe a return to a club where he can have control back would suit him.

Derek Adam's would be my third choice after Danny Cowley and Graham Alexander.He is not remembered fondly at Plymouth after getting them relegated from League One in 2019 but seems to be doing a decent job at Morecambe.

We need to be quick if we want Alexander,he's odds on to be Motherwells next manager.

Just been on the Motherwell forum and

1 minute ago, For Us All said:

Derek Adam's would be my third choice after Danny Cowley and Graham Alexander.He is not remembered fondly at Plymouth after getting them relegated from League One in 2019 but seems to be doing a decent job at Morecambe.

We need to be quick if we want Alexander,he's odds on to be Motherwells next manager.

I would love Cowley but I fear he is an unrealistic target and will be after another championship job. And after a nice big pay off from Huddersfield he can bide his time and wait for what he wants.

I have just been on the Motherwell forum and the club have said they are interviewing their 4 candidates in the next 48 hours.

Tommy Wright, Graham Alexander, Some bloke I have never heard of and Simon Grayson

• Thanks 1

Not saying as manager but I’d like to see Griff in that dressing room, he’d be throwing a few punches, I suspect. A younger fit version would be just what this team needs although I think Conlon isn’t far off.

8 minutes ago, Iron Curtain said:

Just been on the Motherwell forum and

I would love Cowley but I fear he is an unrealistic target and will be after another championship job. And after a nice big pay off from Huddersfield he can bide his time and wait for what he wants.

I have just been on the Motherwell forum and the club have said they are interviewing their 4 candidates in the next 48 hours.

Tommy Wright, Graham Alexander, Some bloke I have never heard of and Simon Grayson

Alexander the clear favourite there i think

Advert:

From the looks of that, their adjusters are just reading this thread and going off the fans speculation

Latest from Skybet, meaningless as it is. 

9FA81246-BAAA-4EED-B8E7-BF9C85B38BD1.thumb.jpeg.858103de0a9568b171fe60c33bb73016.jpeg

Advert:

17 minutes ago, raywalkersbananakick said:

Frank Sinclair to be appointed guaranteed emoji460.png

That doesn’t bode well as he failed two divisions below us and the Hendsford fans do not speak well of him. I think most Vale fans don’t want Sinclair. 

• Like 3

59 minutes ago, davehartshill said:

Harsley is currently head of the Man City under 23’s side (or equivalent). Surely you don’t get a job like that without having something about you. Him being ex-Vale sort of makes me not want him, though as it never works out. 

Good God. I'd rather see John come back.

Cowley or Alexander for me. Wouldn't be against Micky Adams until the end of the season. He would get us going at least for half a season.

• Like 1