Advert:

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Some interesting responses on here to the latest development. I'd like to add some context. In the past TWENTY YEARS we have only achieved a top 7 finish in the league... ONCE. This was under MA

The meltdown on here is laughable.  Please can someone tell me the success we have had in appointing a manager since Micky left? None. Flitcroft being appointed DoF shows our long term visio

Check out wiki.  He's run the family business with his brother and father for 15 years and has his own football academy.  He's not been "just" a player and manager.  In view of the amount of crit

Posted Images

Don't ask me to qualify/justify this with reason and logic, as I can't, and I'm not ITK, but:

I have a decent hunch that Pugh will be in charge till the end of the season, with the promise to 'review things' then. That's my prediction, a gut feeling, which may be proven entirely wrong, as many of my predictions are.

I think a good chunk of the fanbase will be content with that, and others won't be happy at all (me, as per), and it'll all be rather fractious for a while as we finish in, I don't know, 15th.

Edited by Joe B

3 hours ago, Iron Curtain said:

My strong preference is we bring someone is before the season is out to let them assess the squad.

That said, if their isnt anyone out there who we consider good enough, I don't have a problem with waiting for the right man, as long as Danny P keeps us stable.

This would allow us to do one of two things.... 1) See if anyone else becomes available or 2) reassess next years total spend budget to create a little more room to increase the manager budget in order to attract someone who does fit the criteria 

Either way... folks wont be happy.

I'm with you there the one worry I would have if we don't get a new manager in to assess things is the dreaded retained list. 

A new incumbent needs to assess the squad on the training pitch and on a match day in order to evaluate who he wants to keep.

We have many players out of contract including some very injury prone players who sadly don't play enough to warrant an extension. 

Yet again for about the 6th year running it's ' a big summer up the Vale '. 

For me irrespective of if we put 6 up Tranmere we need a new guy in place to give them plenty of food  for thought come May 

Edited by darren1810
Additional text
  • Like 3

8 minutes ago, Joe B said:

Don't ask me to qualify/justify this with reason and logic, as I can't, and I'm not ITK, but:

I have a decent hunch that Pugh will be in charge till the end of the season, with the promise to 'review things' then. That's my prediction, a gut feeling, which may be proven entirely wrong, as many of my predictions are.

I think a good chunk of the fanbase will be content with that, and others won't be happy at all (me, as per), and it'll all be rather fractious for a while as we finish in, I don't know, 15th.

It would be very if typical of vale to do that. Wouldn’t surprise me in the slightest. 

• Like 1

Advert:

21 minutes ago, valiant_593 said:

Surely if Wimbledon have a chance of getting him then there’s no reason we couldn’t get him? They could well be in league 2 next season anyway 

Depends on the size of the chance or someone`s imagination

26 minutes ago, valiant_593 said:

Surely if Wimbledon have a chance of getting him then there’s no reason we couldn’t get him? They could well be in league 2 next season anyway 

If Cowley goes there and they drop to L2 then i would be pleased he hadn't come here.

• Confused 1

5 minutes ago, Fosse69 said:

Depends on the size of the chance or someone`s imagination

Nothing to do with imagination.........I'm sure Carol has the imagination in spades, but if she aint got the funds to back up her dreams then thats just what they are .....Dreams.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, mbycars said:

If Cowley goes there and they drop to L2 then i would be pleased he hadn't come here.

There 3rd bottom now and have played a game extra so it’s certainly a possibility 

Advert:

2 minutes ago, blackdog said:

Nothing to do with imagination.........I'm sure Carol has the imagination in spades, but if she aint got the funds to back up her dreams then thats just what they are .....Dreams.

I was commenting on bookies odds,  based on imagination or weight of money. Can swiftly change on long shots.  How much money for a Romford boy to work in Burslem ?  Dreaming is easy being realist is reality.

Surprised that Chris Powell is one of the favourites for the Wimbledon job, as I thought he was part of Southgate's coaching setup with England (and would remain so until after the Euros).

If he's available and interested in lower league jobs, he's definitely someone we should be looking at (.....money permitting, of course!)

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Joe B said:

Another week draws towards Saturday, and I get ever closer to winning my bet on Pugh by default.

Cancel the 'Speed not Haste' mantra, please. I want to book a holiday. Take your sweet time, Vale. Really think this through. 

Up the Hesitant/Ponderous Whites.

Same boat here,each game that goes by is a step closer to his 10 games needed 🙂 

13 minutes ago, The Kalamazoo Kid said:

Surprised that Chris Powell is one of the favourites for the Wimbledon job, as I thought he was part of Southgate's coaching setup with England (and would remain so until after the Euros).

If he's available and interested in lower league jobs, he's definitely someone we should be looking at (.....money permitting, of course!)

https://londonnewsonline.co.uk/chris-powell-afc-wimbledon-job-link-is-flattering-but-a-non-starter/

• Thanks 1

Advert:

2 hours ago, valiant_593 said:

There is assumption a lot of these people want to be a manager at any cost. Anyone who has played or managed at championship should really have a million plus invested. There is no need to uproot your family if you have that much; particularly when the average time in post is only 14 months. You can sit in academy coaching to earn pocket money and enjoy life, or take all the stick all over social media. A lot of ex players quickly decide they just don't want it; or only if its a commute rather than home location. 

Edited by JRC