Advert:

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Some interesting responses on here to the latest development. I'd like to add some context. In the past TWENTY YEARS we have only achieved a top 7 finish in the league... ONCE. This was under MA

Check out wiki.  He's run the family business with his brother and father for 15 years and has his own football academy.  He's not been "just" a player and manager.  In view of the amount of crit

The meltdown on here is laughable.  Please can someone tell me the success we have had in appointing a manager since Micky left? None. Flitcroft being appointed DoF shows our long term visio

Posted Images

This is a great sentiment, but Flitcroft was being lined up. 
Was he or was he just on one of the short lists. And if they've interviewed everyone on the short lists and offered it him within a day then that seems a very hasty decision which is the very thing that we know won't happen. I think whats more likely happened is they spoke he realised the job wasn't for him or vice versa and they moved on. Then someone has heard about it or just guessed he's been interviewed and then put it out on Facebook as gossip sorry I mean gospel
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Iron Curtain said:

In another example of "In the knowary" Eddie Ford knows that Derek Adams applied... @Eddie Ford are you prepared to tell us how you know?

I think Eddie Ford IS Derek Adams!

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Advert:

People say Pugh deserves his chance I'm sure he was at the club before when a former manager was fired ,I'm.not sure how he did but I suppose 7 points out of 15 is good for a team who have no ambition ,he really if he wants to not be replaced needs to reel off a very good unbeaten run for say 10 games because every defeat will have everyone (mostly)calling for his head and the removal of him .

We beat Southend and Grimsby currently the worst two sides in the division other than that we have performed quite poorly in the other games and ok the players look up to the bloke ok prove it only wins or not losing in next 5 for me will convince me he should have the job till summer .

Big ask that but we need to get a run going of some sort but certainly not a losing one 

UTV 

3 hours ago, TylerB said:

Are you not entertained?

Also, why are you even checking out my profile and such anyway. That's a bit... weird.

Stalker alert😁

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, Joe B said:

https://www.stokesentinel.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/port-vale-chief-executive-answers-4958615

Update from Garlick. Pugh largely led transfers so it wouldn't seem we're on the verge of appointing anybody, yet. 

Also seems the club had planned to get rid of a couple of players.

Good interview. Sensible and calm.

• Like 1

Advert:

1 hour ago, Joe B said:

People knew Askey was gone hours before the announcement. The club has been a sieve of information for a while.

I don't have written evidence to hand, but all I know is that we have been in talks with Flitcroft. Not sure about anything else, whether it's fallen through or anything. Just that he was in the picture. 

In the picture or being lined up, as your previous post stated? Come on. You don’t know any more than anyone else. Conjecture. 

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, dishydave said:
1 hour ago, Joe B said:
This is a great sentiment, but Flitcroft was being lined up. 

Was he or was he just on one of the short lists. And if they've interviewed everyone on the short lists and offered it him within a day then that seems a very hasty decision which is the very thing that we know won't happen. I think whats more likely happened is they spoke he realised the job wasn't for him or vice versa and they moved on. Then someone has heard about it or just guessed he's been interviewed and then put it out on Facebook as gossip sorry I mean gospel

Too sensible this mate! Spot on.

1 hour ago, JRC said:

You can't stop leaks in football. As soon as someone turns up in the carpark it will get out, even wearing a facemask. 

It’s never been close to as bad at the moment though. 

Advert:

11 minutes ago, grand prix pants said:

In the picture or being lined up, as your previous post stated? Come on. You don’t know any more than anyone else. Conjecture. 

Lined up. Will be more clear in my choice of words. Up to you what you believe, mate.

Edited by Joe B

10 minutes ago, valiant_593 said:

It’s never been close to as bad at the moment though. 

Nah its all people making up stuff for infamy on a League 2 football forum, obviously. 

Edited by Joe B
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Joe B said:

Lined up. Will be more clear in my choice of words. Up to you what you believe, mate.

I believe there are all kinds of possibility. Lined up? Maybe. Invited for interview? Maybe. Interview concluded when he outlined his wage demands? Maybe. Never even in the picture? Maybe. Who knows? Certainly no one on here.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1