onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Next Manager

davehartshill

Advert

Well that came out of the blue!

He did well at Salisbury and Bristol Rovers but seems to have struggled to turn Walsall around, I’m fairly happy though as he’s a fairly experienced manager who has a decent track record and promotions on his CV, let’s be honest as a LG2 club whoever we appoint was likely to either have the odd negative mark or lack experience.

Good luck to him hope it works out well, I wonder if we have/will have to pay Walsall any compo? Surely after the 6pts we gifted them this season that will do them!

6 minutes ago, Breadwinner said:

Fair enough maybe its him then so when his he being announced as Vale manager then and why leave a club who beat us twice ? .

Are Vale a bigger club than Walsall ?

In my opinion they are (potentially).

Let's see then 

UTV 

Vale 9 seasons , spells of 3 and 6 years in the 2nd tier since 88,  Walsall  2 seasons, 2 relegations.  

Darrell Clarke got some good coaching qualifications and his win ratio as a manager. He's young and hungry. I think a shrewd move by the Vale. One thing is certain now though we can prioritize our league league status by winning some games we needed a manager in place to do that. Hope now as supporters we get behind Darrel, David and Carol and help our players drive forwards . Good appointment in my book.

10 minutes ago, Sam Kelly's Left Boot said:

Walsall fans happy he's gone. I assume compensation has been agreed.

Atleast it can all be put to bed now.

They might well be BUT 2 promotions in his first job at Salisbury and then 2 promotions at Bristol leaving them in 10th in league one(not getting sacked) then getting walsall to 12th and would probably have been better this season,over 400 games as manager and still only 43 shows he knows his stuff to me,also has a record of developing young players

We always say why cant Vale get a manager currently in a job and doing ok,well now we have and given him a 3.5yr deal... so lets hope we get the Salisbury/Bristol Clarke 🙂  I am happy with this one and its exciting to think he is working alongside Flitcroft,something different.

Crikey, this has come from left field, signing a manager of an existing club but he looks like an impressive appointment. He has a win ratio of just over 40% in League football and before that a terrific record with Salisbury City who he took from nowhere to the Conference. He also took Bristol out of the Conference back into the football league, not that I think now we will need his experience in doing that!

So, welcome to Vale Park, Darrell, we look forward to seeing you bring us long awaited success

And, yet again, thanks to our terrific owners for their continued investment and commitment to the Vale.

Think now we will really be going places with Flitters and Clarke!

I didn't want an untested rookie but also didn't want a dinosaur.

Ideally it would be a coach with promotions under his belt without playing Pulisball.

Of all the names we've been linked with, Clarke is the one I personally rate the highest.

Archived