onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Next Manager

davehartshill

1 hour ago, LancyTony said:

Hahaha...I record EFL on Quest and only watch it if Vale have had a positive result...even then I fast forward from game to game as I think Colin Murray and the other deadheads are the worst, smuggest bunch of pundits ever assembled outside of one of Lineker's parties! The fact that Holloway spoke like this does not surprise me at all!

Murray challenged him saying "you put out a statement saying you were there for the long term and you quit six days later so what changed". Holloway said it something happened with the owners and he can't say what because it would be breaking a confidentiality agreement.

Advert

8 hours ago, dishydave said:
9 hours ago, MBE said:
I'm sure the Ale and the Vale podcast have said on several occasions they have had contact from our players who have said its rubbish about Sinclair. No issues at all and a really good bloke.

I don't know what he's like as a person so I wont comment but his coaching has to be questioned 2 wins for the youth team all season. No improvement in the first team since he's been with them and the rugby incident. When I've watched training all they seem do is 2 touch football you would think with our problems in defense an ex defender would spend a lot more time doing defensive drills.

I thought his role was bridging the gap between the academy and first team?

4 minutes ago, Wrex said:

It is, but he's helping Pugh with the first-team whilst we look for a new manager

I know, but I meant in regards to whether he is accountable to youth team results. 
Regardless, I’d rather they lost be we developed 2-3 players who could make the jump than we won but none of them quite made it. 

2 hours ago, Andyregs said:

I know, but I meant in regards to whether he is accountable to youth team results. 
Regardless, I’d rather they lost be we developed 2-3 players who could make the jump than we won but none of them quite made it. 

Well that and he's been here less than a year. Recruitment and development of a good youth team squad takes years. Looks like Flitcroft will be overseeing that, alongside Frank and able to support or replace him if he judges it to be necessary.

11 hours ago, Warren said:

The appointment of a football director and especially one who has experience of progressing lower league clubs looks a good strategy. I would be pleased with the club playing upper League 1 level football on a sustainable basis. I think the Championship aim requires transformation. Need to find 15,000 fans from somewhere and improve the ground and its commercial return etc. Not impossible, but .....

I am not in a position to know the best manager and supporting staff appointments. I'm not against Danny Pugh and current backroom. The obvious issue is that our current squad is where it is. Why will it perform better in the future. It likely won't. Better players need to be brought in if we are to play at a higher level. That is a financial challenge and a recruitment challenge. 

Pleased to see the challenge being taken on. Doing the same thing, usually brings the same results. Going for bigger change offers the best hope of improvement.

I totally agree that we need better players. But we never in a million years, will be bringing in ie. a Vaughan type striker. Because we simply won’t pay what that level of player cost. 
if everyone could just copy Accrington or Wycombe, and get the same level of succes with very limited budgets, everyone would be doing it! But lets be honest; what they’ve done is 50 pct skill and 50 pct luck.

9 hours ago, Wrex said:

Well that and he's been here less than a year. Recruitment and development of a good youth team squad takes years. Looks like Flitcroft will be overseeing that, alongside Frank and able to support or replace him if he judges it to be necessary.

I’m not sure if you misunderstood my intention. I was defending Sinclair not criticising. 

7 minutes ago, valefan16 said:

Bristol Rovers id think for him.

We’d be a sideways move.

I’m with @valeparklife on this one, I don’t necessarily think we’re a sideways move. I think we are an attractive proposition with a tonne of potential, especially with decent openers and the proposed new set up.

Archived