onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Next Manager

davehartshill

49 minutes ago, Phil Smith said:

Just for those saying we can afford to be patient and the appointment doesn't need to be greatly experienced now because we have Flitcroft DOF... and because we aren't going to struggle this season. Just look where we are if those below us win their games in hand. 

20. Barrow           32
21. Port Vale        32
22. Stevenage     29
23. Southend       24
24. Grimsby         24

Just putting it out there... 

bang on if any of the teams around us put a run together we’ll be starring down the barrel !!!!! 

Advert

1 minute ago, rider1308 said:

bang on if any of the teams around us put a run together we’ll be starring down the barrel !!!!! 

Maybe we will be the team who puts a run together with any luck but i do think an announcement on the manager needs to be made at the start of this coming week,it cant drag on much longer although as i said previous it is a massive decision for the club so its one they have got to get right

3 hours ago, LancyTony said:

The thing that struck me about Carol's explanation of Dave Flitcroft's appointment was the acknowledgment that she didn't have sufficient background to run a football club - except as a fan. So - being a good businesswoman, she's taking steps to get that expertise in. I have to say, also - there's some fairly hysterical reaction to this, and seemingly to not concentrating on this season? Have you guys never heard of multitasking? We're already better off than we were, for having Dave Flitcroft in the club - read Popey's article if you still feel uncertain?

We're all pals in the palace-continued matey failure guarantee.

2 hours ago, Phil Smith said:

Just for those saying we can afford to be patient and the appointment doesn't need to be greatly experienced now because we have Flitcroft DOF... and because we aren't going to struggle this season. Just look where we are if those below us win their games in hand. 

20. Barrow           32
21. Port Vale        32
22. Stevenage     29
23. Southend       24
24. Grimsby         24

Just putting it out there... 

Barrow would have to win their 3 in hand...they've only won 1 in 5 - like us! Grimsby haven't won in 5. I don't see this happening - especially as 2 of the teams don't have games in hand on us. Grimsby still have to play 4 of the teams above them...including us; Barrow still have 5 of those teams to play - including us; Southend still have 4 of those to play and Colchester 5, including us. It would be almost impossible for 6 of the 7 teams to overtake us. And, as I said before, some of these teams still play promotion-chasers!

I know it was pretty much a lone voice but anybody who thought Ian Holloway made sense as Vale manager please watch just the last 5 minutes of Quest last night.

Challenged by his matey Colin Murray about what actually happened at Grimsby he proceeded to come out with absolute waffle and piffle otherwise known as bull**** .

Swerved the actual questions and is totally unhinged.  Yet was offered up on  here as a candidate. Laughable. 

2 hours ago, darren1810 said:

I know it was pretty much a lone voice but anybody who thought Ian Holloway made sense as Vale manager please watch just the last 5 minutes of Quest last night.

Challenged by his matey Colin Murray about what actually happened at Grimsby he proceeded to come out with absolute waffle and piffle otherwise known as bull**** .

Swerved the actual questions and is totally unhinged.  Yet was offered up on  here as a candidate. Laughable. 

That's just how you survive as a manager in this day and age. Talk <ovf censored>. But yes one thing I'm grateful for our new set up is that it means there's no chance of Holloway being our new manager.

Southend ain't conceded a goal in last 2 games so they fighting hard to stay in the division ,Newport and Cambridge aswell we conceded 3 at Cambridge and one at Newport losing both ,we ain't out of it by a long stretch so hopefully a new man is appointed as soon as possible .

We have to do our work better than what we have done so far this season .

We have enough going forwards to score the goals required to stay up but defensively we have players who consistently give teams a leg up as proven with our many defeats so I'd like the new manager come in and change personnel around a bit to give us a chance to be in league 2 again next season .

So a new manager is imperative ,pugh has being at the club all season he must have seen what we have all seen and if not, why not and what does anyone at Port Vale see in him that he could have used and aided Askey with, the fact that when Askey was struggling no one stepped up to help him and there the ones still at the club Pugh Sinclair and the rest tells me they were happy seeing him fail and lose his job so that they could get the job but forgetting the players who were making errors galore get Askey the sack would still be picked and get them removed also I'd have preference for a new broom ,sweep them all out ,but because Carol is fond of the staff who there while we were failing and backs them i will give her because she's great the benefit of the doubt.

However short term we need win games how you do that with players making mistakes galore is the answer the new manager must find if indeed there is going be one as v Tranmere and Scunthorpe away I've seen enough of Pugh Sinclair to state wholeheartedly go back to your other jobs 

UTV 

I think our biggest problem recently is that we have created chances but not always finished them. Rodney has that ability to just lash the ball home when he gets a chance but we don't have enough other players with that goalscoring instinct. Taylor looks like he might be able to recover it after his goal the other day though. 

Can’t see us going down purely on the points we gained early season but our goal of staying up is a disgrace on what was expected this season, I only had 4/1 on promotion at the start of the season. The replacement of Askey has taken far too long and yes, it must be the right person but I do not think we are any closer to getting this person than we were 6 weeks ago.

3 hours ago, darren1810 said:

He knew he'd dropped a clanger with his appalling summer recruitment and jumped ship before he sank it.

I was looking at Grimsby's recruitment over the summer and it was either untested youngsters, 33yo journeymen or non league players. It was either going to spectacularly work or spectacular fail. "Scattergun approach" sprang to mind.

It's the cowards way out to leave them in a mess like he did just to avoid yet another blemish on his CV.

17 hours ago, valiant_593 said:

Well that’s nothing to do with me or any fan. If that’s the case then why not tell the powers that be? If he was such a bad coach he would have been sacked. More ‘in the know’ rubbish? 

I'm sure the Ale and the Vale podcast have said on several occasions they have had contact from our players who have said its rubbish about Sinclair. No issues at all and a really good bloke.

3 minutes ago, MBE said:

I'm sure the Ale and the Vale podcast have said on several occasions they have had contact from our players who have said its rubbish about Sinclair. No issues at all and a really good bloke.

Dosent surprise me but I guess those supposedly in the know on here think they know better. 

17 hours ago, Budgie_2260 said:

Did you not see his performance against Grimsby???
Pope definitely has a role to play and plenty to offer.

I did. If his name wasn't Pope most would be saying something different.

Basically he looked a decent goal threat in two games upfront against the two worst defences in the league.

In the age of 22 man squads he is waste of a squad player and the wage.

3 minutes ago, MBE said:

I did. If his name wasn't Pope most would be saying something different.

Basically he looked a decent goal threat in two games upfront against the two worst defences in the league.

In the age of 22 man squads he is waste of a squad player and the wage.

If next seasons aim is mid table then you might as well give Pope a 12 month contract if the aim is the play offs then we need a couple of new and decent strikers as well as fresh faces throughout the squad 

Archived