onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Next Manager

davehartshill

I would like to think we will finally get the manager situation resolved between now and Monday to give the players a lift to battle for a really tough 3 weeks with away games at Leyton Orient,Salford & Cheltenham not to mention the leagues leaders at home and the 6 pointer against Stevenage.

To be honest I think we have been very complacent, even a little arrogant about squad our quality and league status assuming we are Ok and in no danger of relegation. We have allowed the whole situation to drag on far too long. Our dithering and delay could really bite us in the arse.

Advert

9 hours ago, MBE said:

I would like to think we will finally get the manager situation resolved between now and Monday to give the players a lift to battle for a really tough 3 weeks with away games at Leyton Orient,Salford & Cheltenham not to mention the leagues leaders at home and the 6 pointer against Stevenage.

To be honest I think we have been very complacent, even a little arrogant about squad our quality and league status assuming we are Ok and in no danger of relegation. We have allowed the whole situation to drag on far too long. Our dithering and delay could really bite us in the arse.

Couldn’t agree more, it’s been nothing short of a farce, owners appointing a director of football, just another mouth to feed instead of spending on appointing a decent manager to sort out the bunch of losers who will to do their best to get us relegated. In all probably  one of the worst vale teams ever put together !!!!! 

1 hour ago, rider1308 said:

Owners appointing a director of football, just another mouth to feed

The club foundation gave out something like 100,000 meals last year. David's a big lad but I'm sure he won't eat us out of house and home

Couldn’t agree more, it’s been nothing short of a farce, owners appointing a director of football, just another mouth to feed instead of spending on appointing a decent manager to sort out the bunch of losers who will to do their best to get us relegated. In all probably  one of the worst vale teams ever put together !!!!! 

It’s a pretty standard model in modern football. Welcome to 2021.

I don’t think we’ll be going down at all. The “project” is a lot longer term plan than just sorting out some of this seasons players. That’s really short term and I imagine some will be gone at the end of the season anyway and the rebuilding behind the scenes will be ongoing for a long time yet. The new manager has to buy into the new structure and how we want to work, this is a totally different type of environment that we’re used to and getting a new manager to fit that is maybe that’s why it could take a bit longer than normal?

This change in direction for the footballing side is probably the biggest change in most of our lifetimes at the club, both in terms of an identity and a vision that an owner is trying to implement. 

How long does it take to appoint a manager? Only at Vale.  But yep he has to buy into the project. And dish out stuff in the soup kitchen.  And buy into the "community"
Could I float the idea we need to win a game or so. Otherwise we will be non-league?
Then where is "the project"? We are a not a charity. We need someone to give these wasters a right kick up the arse. Otherwise we are going down.
No disrespect to the club's community work. Just on the pitch we need more from the lads.

Pretty poor post that is. You say no disrespect to the community side whilst clearly disrespecting it. Are fans that daft that they can’t see the two aren’t connected at all?

3 hours ago, toyahw said:

How long does it take to appoint a manager? Only at Vale.  But yep he has to buy into the project. And dish out stuff in the soup kitchen.  And buy into the "community"

Could I float the idea we need to win a game or so. Otherwise we will be non-league?

Then where is "the project"? We are a not a charity. We need someone to give these wasters a right kick up the arse. Otherwise we are going down.

No disrespect to the club's community work. Just on the pitch we need more from the lads.

Very disrespectful post 

I get your concerns but we won’t go down we will get enough points in the odd games that Monty manny gibbo etc play 

I see Morris is now closing in on Carsley in the betting stakes,i think it just shows like us no one has any idea on who it will be BUT as frustrating as it is it is right they are taking their time,with the massive change in direction at Vale we really have to get this right and rightly so

3 hours ago, PV1973 said:

I don’t think we’ll be going down at all. The “project” is a lot longer term plan than just sorting out some of this seasons players. That’s really short term and I imagine some will be gone at the end of the season anyway and the rebuilding behind the scenes will be ongoing for a long time yet. The new manager has to buy into the new structure and how we want to work, this is a totally different type of environment that we’re used to and getting a new manager to fit that is maybe that’s why it could take a bit longer than normal?

This change in direction for the footballing side is probably the biggest change in most of our lifetimes at the club, both in terms of an identity and a vision that an owner is trying to implement. 

The determination to develop the best possible infrastructure is highly impressive, as is Carol's willingness to listen and learn.

So refreshing to have a leader who recognises the value of humility and respect.

I am looking forward immensely to the next decade of progress at Vale Park.

And yes, there is the small matter of getting enough points to stay up!

1 minute ago, CAVALIER said:

Whatever (and I think Toyah’s post was well intended but misinterpreted) we need this sorting out now, it’s dragged on for ages so let’s get a decision early next week please. 

There was just no need for the added comments 

it was a dig at carol and the club end off 

Archived