onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Next Manager

davehartshill

Flitcroft's interview with the Sentinel is very good.

Reading between the lines I'm expecting a manager to be appointed end of this week.

Appears for the first time in a very longtime we are going to have a proper plan for the 1st team. Its going to be a massive summer of upheaval for the 1st team squad.

Advert

And the reason as to why all these managers are looking for work,......................Failure, tried and tested but failed.

New ambitious, hungry, passionate, and Inspiration to achieve, that's what's required, not these pack of failures, and more to the point a true PORT VALE man who believes as much as you do.

At least now we have the  beginnings of a process with a plan, we just need the right man on the bench.

14 hours ago, Walter said:
14 hours ago, LancyTony said:
If you know a business is being better run, now, than a couple of years ago, wouldn't that raise the standard of applicants?

Yeah I'm asking why having a DoF is going to impact on the level or quality of applicants.

It's not, obviously. The applicants are already there, we've been told that, and many of them are highly experienced and ambitious. We've been told that too.

So why on earth do we need yet another person on the payroll to select the right one?

I thought we were demanding an experienced and proven manager. Now we want a young and hungry man and we're doubting whether a youth team coach at Crewe would be interested in the job?

John McGreal is the standard we need now. Get this appointment right please Dave.

1 hour ago, Stamfordvale said:

And the reason as to why all these managers are looking for work,......................Failure, tried and tested but failed.

New ambitious, hungry, passionate, and Inspiration to achieve, that's what's required, not these pack of failures, and more to the point a true PORT VALE man who believes as much as you do.

At least now we have the  beginnings of a process with a plan, we just need the right man on the bench.

Most managers last about 3 years if they are lucky, either fatigue or familiarity set it, lose the dressing room is the common expression. Maybe not all failures just the nature of the job. A few teams are promoted, but some are relegated and just miss promotion and so their managers get the push. The exceptions are the successful ones who move to a better job and avoid the axe if they stay another season or two. Obviously there are the super managers, but not very many , who just move for a fresh challenge or a  bigger pot of money.  I think we are likely to go for a successful coach/ ready for management and be guided by Flinty, who can just concentrate on 1st team game management.

25 minutes ago, Wrex said:

I thought we were demanding an experienced and proven manager. Now we want a young and hungry man and we're doubting whether a youth team coach at Crewe would be interested in the job?

John McGreal is the standard we need now. Get this appointment right please Dave.

Carol stated in her Radio interview last night. She realised that the Criteria was difficult to find in one person, and so wants to make sure that she has the attributes across the football dept leadership including Flitcroft.

A young technical coach would work in the model we have built.

11 minutes ago, Fosse69 said:

Most managers last about 3 years if they are lucky, either fatigue or familiarity set it, lose the dressing room is the common expression. Maybe not all failures just the nature of the job. A few teams are promoted, but some are relegated and just miss promotion and so their managers get the push. The exceptions are the successful ones who move to a better job and avoid the axe if they stay another season or two. Obviously there are the super managers, but not very many , who just move for a fresh challenge or a  bigger pot of money.  I think we are likely to go for a successful coach/ ready for management and be guided by Flinty, who can just concentrate on 1st team game management.

100%

A young hungry coach sounds good to me someone who behind the scenes is improving players ten fold .

Who that would be well I have no idea let's hope David Flitcroft does have .

I'm not a betting man anymore gave up years ago ,kept losing got on me nerves even though was only losing small amounts over years add them up a new car etc a holiday wasted on a five fold etc ,so I hope we get someone great and he can somehow get the players playing above themselves. 

I'd say that Murray hearing very good things about that lad .

In the short term while we sort that out can anyone but Pugh and Sinclair pick the team for next sat 

11 hours ago, toyahw said:

I don't slate anything. I'm always super supportive of the club. Whatever. I just don't think this will do us much good. I didn't spend ages slating Askey trying to drive him out either. Unlike your good self.

I believe this was justified look at the state we are in do you think askey was the right man for a job. Askey going has given us a massive chance to rebuild the club and get some identity on how we play football. 

i stick by myself asking for askeys head as I believe it will benefit us in the long run

My feeling, for what it's worth is we should go down the highly rated U23 manager route from another club, this would fit with Carols "Vision" of development, yes it would upset those that want a ready built knarled experienced manager, but for me, the game is changing and a competent tactically aware coach who can develop players and get the club playing in a certain manner and give us some continuity is the way to go, and he will have DF to advise on a day to day basis.

10 minutes ago, blackdog said:

My feeling, for what it's worth is we should go down the highly rated U23 manager route from another club, this would fit with Carols "Vision" of development, yes it would upset those that want a ready built knarled experienced manager, but for me, the game is changing and a competent tactically aware coach who can develop players and get the club playing in a certain manner and give us some continuity is the way to go, and he will have DF to advise on a day to day basis.

Just look at crewe they have a clear model in there club in style of play and develop there young players to come through and fit straight into the system when they get through to the first team. And they reap the benefits 

we have no identity as a team and we havent for a long time. 

as much as i hate them crewe have a very good footballing model and id love to see something like that happen at vale. 

My internal conversation about what type of manager we need has pretty much ceased (which makes for a boring post, I suppose). I’m going along with what Flitcroft has said for now and that meeans I’ll be minded to support any appointment we come up,with because we seem to be trying to read the long game as squad rules etc change it. I’m a sucker for the long game, I’m afraid.

41 minutes ago, Vale1995 said:

Just look at crewe they have a clear model in there club in style of play and develop there young players to come through and fit straight into the system when they get through to the first team. And they reap the benefits 

I don't think we can do the Crewe model. It will take too long to establish and cost to much investment. It took Crewe  20 years plus millions of pounds from players sales over the years to establish and maintain where they are. They now have such a great reputation they pick up the best young prospects around outside of Man U & Liverpool because they have the academy status and a proven clear pathway to the 1st team. 

What we need to do is establish are proper scouting network at home and abroad to pick up young players from big teams who drop out at 18/19/20 years old plus gambles like Hurst to show them a 1st team pathway with a U21 team for development.

Its a huge challenge for the club to get it right.

Archived