onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Next Manager

davehartshill

8 hours ago, TylerB said:

Everything is explained by the person that has just been given a job. He's not going to say anything else, is he? He might do great in the role, and I hope he does. But when we're crying out for a manager it all seems a bit daft. This guy is a manager, and has never been a director anytime in his life from what I can gather.

I expect there’s many people out there who have never been a director of football before their first appointment as director of football.

Advert

8 minutes ago, TylerB said:

Because I believe some managers simply won't want to work with/under a DoF if they can help it.

You may well be right TB, and it would be interesting to see where the overlap is in the Venn diagram of managers applying for the job and managers who are happy to work with a DOF.  Some managers want total control, but we have opted for a different sort of approach.  Reducing the field of choice may not mean reducing the quality of appointment, and might even speed up the process of getting the new man in.  Let's not worry about the managers we might not get, let's focus on the ones who want the job knowing the existing conditions of employment.

9 minutes ago, Conrad said:

I expect there’s many people out there who have never been a director of football before their first appointment as director of football.

Yeah, obviously. But he's a manager. He's managed 4 clubs previously. Seems to me like he applied to be manager, rightly got an interview and somehow blagged an inexperienced footballing woman into giving him a completely different role. That's not to say he won't become a success, only time will tell.

31 minutes ago, Walter said:
51 minutes ago, LancyTony said:
If you know a business is being better run, now, than a couple of years ago, wouldn't that raise the standard of applicants?

Yeah I'm asking why having a DoF is going to impact on the level or quality of applicants.

Didn't I just suggest the answer to that?

7 minutes ago, TylerB said:

Yeah, obviously. But he's a manager. He's managed 4 clubs previously. Seems to me like he applied to be manager, rightly got an interview and somehow blagged an inexperienced footballing woman into giving him a completely different role. That's not to say he won't become a success, only time will tell.

So you are saying once a manager you have to stay as a manager, that is strange. People move on, jobs develop, so he could go on to be DOF, CEO.

2 minutes ago, tommytunstall said:

So you are saying once a manager you have to stay as a manager, that is strange. People move on, jobs develop, so he could go on to be DOF, CEO.

No. I'm saying that nobody here would have suggested such as thing would happen. If someone said last week that David Flitcroft would be announced today, would one single person say that it wouldn't be as manager? If it works out, brilliant. But to me it just seems a bit of a weird, out of nowhere occurrence. But it's Carol's choice, her money and her idea to take the club forward on the pitch. In Carol we have to trust.

4 minutes ago, TylerB said:

No. I'm saying that nobody here would have suggested such as thing would happen. If someone said last week that David Flitcroft would be announced today, would one single person say that it wouldn't be as manager? If it works out, brilliant. But to me it just seems a bit of a weird, out of nowhere occurrence. But it's Carol's choice, her money and her idea to take the club forward on the pitch. In Carol we have to trust.

Nobody thought we would land on the Moon!

3 minutes ago, TylerB said:

And all those people were right actually. It's all made up nonsense!

Oh dear. I have some sympathy with your Vale views. But what? Where do you stand on UFO's, the Kennedy assassination and vaccination, dare I ask?

1 minute ago, toyahw said:

Oh dear. I have some sympathy with your Vale views. But what? Where do you stand on UFO's, the Kennedy assassination and vaccination, dare I ask?

Aliens are real, the probability of life elsewhere based on how big the Universe is alone is stupendously high, but they don't come to earth in flying saucers to take blood from Cows. I don't know enough about the Kennedy assassination to comment either way, I'm not that old. As for the vaccination, I pity those who actually believe it's all a big conspiracy for some kind of NWO or something.

2 hours ago, LancyTony said:

I got the impression DF already had an idea of how badly run we've been, over the years? But, in conversation, he seemed to be pointing out even more than Carol must have know? I thought they were both immensely positive videos.

The interviews and in particular David Flitcroft were very impressive. But I'm a Vale fan and talk is cheap. For me Man utd have been crying out for years for a DOF and a manager for that matter. I'm a little sceptical, it may be me or I'm wondering how it will all work and at what cost. carol is thinking 'big' and there's nothing wrong in that. Time wil tell. I would have preferred Flitcroft in a manager then perhaps morph into the role once he guided us through this season.

14 minutes ago, TylerB said:

Aliens are real, the probability of life elsewhere based on how big the Universe is alone is stupendously high, but they don't come to earth in flying saucers to take blood from Cows. I don't know enough about the Kennedy assassination to comment either way, I'm not that old. As for the vaccination, I pity those who actually believe it's all a big conspiracy for some kind of NWO or something.

Be careful Tyler this is how Pope got into trouble with the FA.....innocent questions😁

Archived