onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Next Manager

davehartshill

11 minutes ago, Walter said:

How many were desperate before?

Why would it?

Garlic is on record saying that they had received a surprising amount of applications from all over. And why wouldn't we? We have one of the best stadiums in League Two, if not the best, good facilities and also owners that quickly built up a good rep.

And there's no doubt lots of managers that don't want someone above them making decisions on transfers etc. To say that no potential manager would care less would be nonsense.

Advert

36 minutes ago, Iron Curtain said:

I don’t think anyone would have an issue with you having another opinion... it’s the manic, irratic, vitriolic over the top, everything is rubbish manner of your posts that lets you down.

It’s like a stressful emotional rollercoaster when it just doesn’t need to be.

Todays, for example, was because you are convinced Pugh will get the job despite EVERYTHING pointing to the fact it won’t be him. It is, if I’m being honest, wearing and tiresome.

Then you get abusing people and calling them names. 

Who did I abuse? Some numpty that called me a keyboard warrior after randomly mentioning me in yet another one of his posts? People can disagree with me by all means. And I already stated that I was in the wrong to assume that Pugh would become manager sooner or later earlier today. But when people constantly make up stuff about me never making positive posts in regards to Vale, which is absolute nonsense, or randomly bring Liverpool up for some weird reason, it starts to grate.

3 hours ago, Jacko51 said:

This is what Rudgie said about the role of the DoF when he was at Stoke:

"I'm still involved in all aspects of the club, contracts, training, and attending matches, and I'm working with someone I get on really well with Tony Pulis, and I hope that I can just help him by taking the strain off him because I know exactly what its like to be a manager, which is a hard role; and can be often too much for one person. I'm here to lighten the load so he can focus on winning matches. My job involves sixty to seventy hours a week, it's very time consuming."

I understand this fully. You could say that Rudge was an assistant to Pulis. Money to burn also helps to to take the strain off Pulis.

Our situation i believe is the exact opposite. We , or i , assumed we were after the experienced manager. We now have the experience is the assistant role to the manager. Flitcroft did sat that the manager would: Have final say on all signings /  Decide of team tactics n formations etc /  select the team. This i find difficult to see being a success, especially if the new manager / head coach is not an experienced manager but someone who is learning the game from Flitcroft.

Carol knows the forward plan and its probably the first time for tens of years, maybe first time ever, we have this plan in place. Carol knows the costs of this appointment and also the costs to put out the team and run the football club. All credit to her and i hope and pray it is successful. Just hope we dont here the comments " spend the money on players not on management "

What we have to do as fans is support this decision. We will not make Mills,Crookes etc etc good players from tomorrow morning onwards. We cannot let this season die away but we cannot expect win after win. I believe our current squad will see far more defeats than wins before the season is over.

Lets see a good recruitment drive ready for next season. Not sure who is responsible at the Vale the top priority now will be to "SELL" the club for the next season. Now more than ever Carol needs our support. Season tickets need to be good, great even. Hope we get behind her. This is a huge task for us all but this is the plan Carol has and without Carol i am not sure where we would be now.

15 minutes ago, raywalkersbananakick said:

TBF the fact no 1 has heard of him suggests he knows who's out there and is different it's no coincidence that Crewe are flying high and is a highly qualified coach emoji460.png

One plus point is their fans say no way would he come Vale too highly rated by Crewe and apparently his technical nouse and training sessions and how he has his team playing are second to none,also credited with bringing a lot of crewe lads through

13 minutes ago, TylerB said:

Who did I abuse? Some numpty that called me a keyboard warrior after randomly mentioning me in yet another one of his posts? People can disagree with me by all means. And I already stated that I was in the wrong to assume that Pugh would become manager sooner or later earlier today. But when people constantly make up stuff about me never making positive posts in regards to Vale, which is absolute nonsense, or randomly bring Liverpool up for some weird reason, it starts to grate.

You may not be wrong about Pugh getting the manager’s  job ( eventually), given his connection with Flitcroft. 

1 hour ago, Mario said:
1 hour ago, TylerB said:
I'm a Port Vale fan. I follow Liverpool in that I like to see them do well. I wasn't absolutely elated when they won the league last season and I'm hardly gutted and losing sleep that they look like Hamilton Academicals right now. You want to disagree with me, fine. Most do here. You want to get into a bit of a slagging match I'm all for it. But people bringing Liverpool into it like it actually upsets me is just cringe. emoji1.png

You calmed down now .......Your blood pressure must have been sky high..

Following the Vale does that to me. 😂

Garlic is on record saying that they had received a surprising amount of applications from all over. And why wouldn't we? We have one of the best stadiums in League Two, if not the best, good facilities and also owners that quickly built up a good rep.
And there's no doubt lots of managers that don't want someone above them making decisions on transfers etc. To say that no potential manager would care less would be nonsense.
So why does that change now we have a DoF?

That's the point I was trying to make. Why would a DoF make any difference to the number or the quality of applicants?

43 minutes ago, valeparklife said:

Before you embarrass yourself even further, read https://www.port-vale.co.uk/news/2020/january/club-statement/

@Guitar Ray was right FWIW with some of the stuff Colin does at the club. Amongst other things he does deal with the general club and league administrative stuff, like registrations, fines, sorting the testing and player locations, organising contracts, conducting meetings with players and agents. 

On the subject of today’s announcement, this needs patience. This will take years and I think it’s a step in the right direction. Flitcroft is right when he says we’ve had a scatter gun approach in regards to recruitment. We’ve been lurching from one disaster to another. It needs sorting out and hopefully this is the time. 

3 minutes ago, Houston Valiant said:

You may not be wrong about Pugh getting the manager’s  job ( eventually), given his connection with Flitcroft. 

Eventually it might not be such a bad thing. But clearly he's not what we need right now and never has been. That's why I was gobsmacked some people were actually saying he was suddenly deserving of the role after we beat Southend, and Grimsby before that.

2 minutes ago, Walter said:
24 minutes ago, TylerB said:

That's the point I was trying to make. Why would a DoF make any difference to the number or the quality of applicants?

Because I believe some managers simply won't want to work with/under a DoF if they can help it.

Archived