onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Next Manager

davehartshill

Advert

1 minute ago, Mario said:

Thought the Vale were stuck in the 80's most clubs have a structure and a proper vision of where they want to go supporters moan about the deadwood and useless players this will help stop the scattergun approach to transfers, this appointment will hopefully drag us into 2021, just doing the same old thing year in and year out is not working, some were saying Carol has no football experience she gets somone in who has AND PAYS for it and still they complain, must be a Stoke on trent thing anything forward thinking and modern is sneered at, good luck Carol, thanks for saving us from oblivion and thanks for trying to take us forward.

That's it exactly - it seems some Vale fans don't like change. 

Many derided Micky Adams for being a 'dinosaur' yet we're now implementing a modern approach and that's met with derision!

I like the idea behind it - but now it all depends on who we appoint as manager!

4 hours ago, TylerB said:

Happy-clapper claps.

I think most people have read the article. I think most people are genuinely bewildered.

I aren't an happy clapper and yes i was bewildered at first but thinking about things and listening to the interview i am changing my mind on this,the problem is we have never been used to this at Vale,so when things like this happen it certainly comes across as confusing.

Carol has always said she wants to be forward thinking so lets see how it goes before we all wait to rip it apart

4 hours ago, TylerB said:

So I should be a happy-clapper and praise the club for every single decision it takes? Is that what a "proper fan" is? It's called having an opinion. In life sometimes people won't think and feel the same way as yourself.

To be fair do you praise the club for any decision it makes??

2 hours ago, Fosse69 said:

We have an actual football manager in charge of building towards next season,  the new manager will have to be compatible with his philosophy. In the short term Flinty and Pugh need to get their heads together to improve results

We will never get results under Pugh, and he said himself that he doesn’t want the job. Why didn’t Carol just appoint Flitcroft as manager? It’s all a bit muddled. 

11 minutes ago, werstayinup said:

Its clear that Pugh will be in the coaching set up but i honestly dont think he will be named permanent manager

Me neither after the way Flitcroft spoke about the situation. I can't help but thinking it all be an inexperienced  manager. I can't see past Adam Murray of those who have been linked to the job unless there is a real left field appointment.

This is what Rudgie said about the role of the DoF when he was at Stoke:

"I'm still involved in all aspects of the club, contracts, training, and attending matches, and I'm working with someone I get on really well with Tony Pulis, and I hope that I can just help him by taking the strain off him because I know exactly what its like to be a manager, which is a hard role; and can be often too much for one person. I'm here to lighten the load so he can focus on winning matches. My job involves sixty to seventy hours a week, it's very time consuming."

5 minutes ago, Houston Valiant said:

We will never get results under Pugh, and he said himself that he doesn’t want the job. Why didn’t Carol just appoint Flitcroft as manager? It’s all a bit muddled. 

Have you watched Flitcrofts interview... explains to clearly.

The only thing muddled was the football dept at Port Vale. Finally look like we have a plan to improve it.

Whos to say the manager will not be in place by tomoz ,keep the faith and if not in by Friday I'd prefer Popey picks the team over Pugh but then I'd let any one with any common sense pick it especially when Pugh just stood there and didnt  change any of the back four ,three of them could have being taken off after they couldn't defend there first corner and tranmere managed hit the bar the fact they were left on all game and tranmere players were getting on the end of every cross to me says the quicker he is put back in his other role the better .

UTV 

Archived