onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Next Manager

davehartshill

Advert

46 minutes ago, darren1810 said:

Do you not think though that there is a clear pattern emerging ?

I just think its the way of the world in particular with social media, plus there are times when it helps to be indiscreetly discreet.

27 minutes ago, Wrex said:

I bet it's this Sinclair fellow I've been hearing about. He gets the blame for everything else on here

Regarding Sinclair, The Sentinel feed of the press conference states :-

Carol says

Flitcroft will be responsible for football matters including development of young players

- is that not a large part of what Sinclair was supposed to be doing?

2 minutes ago, The Kalamazoo Kid said:

Carol says

Flitcroft will be responsible for football matters including development of young players

- is that not a large part of Sinclair was supposed to be doing?

No doubt there will be changes, but still need people to do the work. 

I think it's a great appointment for the club. Flitcroft obviously knows his stuff, and after listening to his interview and how well he came across how can you not be excited? 

Things obviously won't change over night, but we have a lot of players out of contract come the end of the season, I suspect most of them will be gone (hopefully) and Flitcroft can get stuck into that budget for next season.

Well done Carol.

6 hours ago, Walka003 said:

What I'd like - Adam Murray with or without a DoF with proven experience and a track record of bringing in quality young players at a lower level.

What I'm expecting - McGreal/Murray with a DoF of some description

Be pretty happy with either as manager, but the DoF thing needs to be gotten right of they are gonna do it.

Now we have Flitcroft(who i thought spoke very well) as you say i would also like to see Murray come in with bright ideas,he has unearthed a few players and Flitcroft having been at Mansfield since Murray was there will know this. plus i would win a few hundred quid 🙂 either way surely it will be a younger inexperienced  man to work under him,i cant see someone like McGreal wanting to do it plus they would be more likely to keep Pugh on than someone experienced who would want their own staff in

I haven't read all this thread as yet so dont know peoples opinions but i think it could work out a good move by a forward thinking owner,as long of course as everyone gets on

37 minutes ago, The Kalamazoo Kid said:

Carol says

- is that not a large part of what Sinclair was supposed to be doing?

Will this be the end of Sinclair shouting on the side of the pitch for 90 minutes now. 

Wonder who will pick the side now - Pugh or Flitcroft or a joint effort for a couple of games till a new manager is brought in?

Can only see Sinclair moving back to his previous role of developing young players rather than working with the 1st team.  Will he throw his teddy out and leave the club?

Interesting times at Vale Park, just hope it works for Carol and Co.  

4 hours ago, TJHValiant said:

Yeah Bradford doing really well at the moment...as are Oldham. Salford..well clearly run by a group of ego mad ex Man U players who drop managers at will. Underachieving given the budget. 

Crawley, yes, basically the Turkish chairman’s mate..

Orient...that Italian bloke who owns the club nearly sent them bust. They adopted that model and got relegated to the conference. Not a good example. Martin Ling basically has a Rudge style “advisor” role these days. 

Swindon is quite a convincing case however. Paul Jewell doing a good job there, but John Sheridan and Jewell can’t be a cheap duo. 

I get more convinced by the day that you want everything to fail

On a side note how Sheridan gets jobs is beyond me.... but after your Holloway or manager like that comment then i am sure you would of been up for us getting Sheridan as manager

Guest Vale at home
3 hours ago, The man in the pub said:

I suppose puzzled by the DOF role only on the basis that rumour had it that he wanted too much money to come. To then come and us then be appointing a new manager as well has left me scratching my head. Appreciate it was only rumour , but seemed credible . Happy for him to have the position of DOF as long as that really means he is our new manager with Pugh as assistant.

Yes I agree . Just what I was thinking. 

Thought the Vale were stuck in the 80's most clubs have a structure and a proper vision of where they want to go supporters moan about the deadwood and useless players this will help stop the scattergun approach to transfers, this appointment will hopefully drag us into 2021, just doing the same old thing year in and year out is not working, some were saying Carol has no football experience she gets somone in who has AND PAYS for it and still they complain, must be a Stoke on trent thing anything forward thinking and modern is sneered at, good luck Carol, thanks for saving us from oblivion and thanks for trying to take us forward.

Archived