onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Next Manager

davehartshill

Seems like a good lad like the way he spoke and love the fact that Carol had a 5 hour  chat with him and he was as passionate as Carol ,really hope he gets the right man in (manager).

We are passionate and we love our club let's get everyone at the club working to there maximum 

Welcome to the club David Flitcroft UTV and well done Carol on your commitment to PVFC .

Great owners theresno doubt about that ,just got get the team at least half good big ask but we are asking 

Advert

1 minute ago, TylerB said:

If it wasn't for a couple of truly abysmal sides we would quite possibly be relegation contenders this season. I don't think it's a bad thing that a few people are genuinely as concerned about the present than they are the future and these "long-term" visions for the club.

Condemnant quo non intellegunt 

31 minutes ago, TylerB said:

It will also shorten the amount of people actually desperately wanting to become the manage of Port Vale, having a director of football, that's for sure.

Not necessarily. It may put off the more experienced managers perhaps, but it may also attract those who considered themselves not quite ready to take on a big club like ours, particularly as it lacks a proper infrastructure, as we’ve had confirmed today.

3 minutes ago, grand prix pants said:

Not necessarily. It may put off the more experienced managers perhaps, but it may also attract those who considered themselves not quite ready to take on a big club like ours, particularly as it lacks a proper infrastructure, as we’ve had confirmed today.

Guess we can only wait and see. I'd have preferred him as manager personally but I suppose the club and owners can't be condemned for trying something new. But the sooner Pugh is no longer selecting the team and tactics, the better.

30 minutes ago, grand prix pants said:

Well, I like it. I’m guessing the new manager will be a younger, less experienced man, ready to learn from Flitcroft. Someone said earlier that the football club shouldn’t be like a school but I disagree. Everyone should be learning. I guess the idea will be that the new manager will learn, do well and move on. And then we’ll replace and the cycle will begin again. Sounds exciting to me. 

Hopefully a conveyor belt of young players doing the same thing but pushing us up the league as they improve,

The problem is not Danny Pugh. The problem is the lack of strength in depth of the side left us by John Askey, who probably thought his first choice team would see out most of the season rather than spend more than half of it injured.

Carol clearly sees something in Pugh and as I'm not involved with the club day in, day out I'm not privy to anything that has been said or implied. David Flitcroft must be thinking the same way or Pugh would be out on his ear by now.

I'm not a football professional but I was a man manager for a long time and if the possibility existed that I could have established a good and productive working relationship, even with someone relatively inexperienced, then I would have taken it. I'm guessing Carol and Flitcroft are of the same mind on this. We won't go down so why not do it and see how it goes?

1 hour ago, darren1810 said:

Took the words out of my mouth mate.

There is a huge mole somewhere.

Askey, Rugbygate, Mckirdy , Robinson, many other instances.

Then lo and behold 16 hours before the appointment of Flitcroft we have people saying its a Director of Football coming in.

This mole needs to be CULLED. 

I bet it's this Sinclair fellow I've been hearing about. He gets the blame for everything else on here

Archived