onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Next Manager

davehartshill

1 minute ago, TylerB said:

If it's not then fair enough. He should never have been talked about as a candidate in the first place. Not in regards to a club that has got it wrong on the pitch so many times in recent years.

We are all thinking the same it can’t and won’t be Pugh not this time anyway 

we got trust the club on this and hope they get it right 
he does come across well he may just be the type of character the club needs 

I bet if that <ovf censored> smurf was still in control it would defo be the cheap option of Pugh and Sinclair 

Advert

I just want anybody that isn't Danny Pugh or best mates with some of the players in charge of the football club. A "Yes, Mam" man. Suppose we just have to accept the rest of the season will be a car crash and hope things actually start to improve on the pitch from next season onwards.

Welcome David. shake the buggers up! Let's get our club back on track. You will be backed by the fan base if you can drag some success to Vale Park.

Thanks Carol/Kevin for again looking at the whole picture and attempting to resolve the problems. again we'll back you all the way.

My only reservation is(and I have no personal gripe about him) that Pugh is not yet ready to be the manager as such. I see him so far as a simple clone of Askey and if Vale are indeed to rise up the leagues then surely we do need an experienced, successful manager to work alongside Flitcroft.  

1 minute ago, Eddie Ford said:

But if you read what Iron Man puts on here then there is no such thing that people are in the know 

I knew you didnt understand what I was saying.

For clarity in small words.

There are some people who are genuinely "in the Know" and leak info on here... why? Who knows, an agenda maybe, that lovely feeling of knowing something that others don't. Maybe they weren't that popular at school and this is how they feel most important.... I have no idea. My issue there is the appropriateness of sharing that info and would suggest that sharing it isnt the right thing to do.

Then there are people who hear something from someone, and it gets locked in as fact. These people believe that their "Source" a) knows everything and b) tells them all the info that's relevant. These people THINK they are in the know, but don't have the full context and spread stuff that's misleading. My suggestion here would be its best not to share that info.

Then there are some people that hear something that via Chinese whispers has become nothing like reality and just decide its fact and claim to be in the know. My suggestion is that its bet not to share that info.

Then there are people who just make stuff up... these people are strange.

15 minutes ago, TJHValiant said:

Rather worrying. As if a local newspaper journalist should be having such a role. 

Listen to as many opinions as possible, come on here after a game for lots of opinions, local journalists are usually aware of things.

1 minute ago, valefan16 said:

He clearly says in the interview he gives than Pugh has said he isn’t ready yet and they are prioritising now sorting the managerial role out.

McGreal worked for a DOF at Colchester... If he came in with Flitcroft above surely that would be a decent set up?

It would and I like that thinking. 

2 minutes ago, valefan16 said:

He clearly says in the interview he gives than Pugh has said he isn’t ready yet and they are prioritising now sorting the managerial role out.

McGreal worked for a DOF at Colchester... If he came in with Flitcroft above surely that would be a decent set up?

In fact McGreal, who knows how to get a team playing good football with Flitcroft could be the dream ticket. 

I'm quite looking forward to this I think it's a great idea to have someone to concentrate on all things behind the football while the new coach concentrates solely on the first team. Plus anyone who applies for a manager job and comes away with a director role is going to be able to convince good players to come

Like people are going mad that a manager hasnt been announced yet but aslong as its within the next month whats the problem?? Are people expecting a new manager come in and zack mills to start playing like roberto carlos. Our squad is not good enough a new manager is not going to change that. Aslong as he has time to see what players he wants to keep next season i dont see the major rush in needing one appointed. 

6 minutes ago, valefan16 said:

I said it as a joke but I'd love it if that were to happen. Two managerial candidates, hire the good recruiter as DoF and the good coach as the head coach.

WTF is this? Don’t they know we are port vale. We like managers who write their team selection on the back of a fag packet and play 4-4-2! 
Why would a club that has been a mess for a decade need someone to oversea the football Side of the club and possibly have an ethos that we employ into instead of starting from scratch every two years. Madness. 

Archived