onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Next Manager

davehartshill

Leader of the OVF Happy Clapper clique pipes up. What a shock.

I’m not happy with results at the moment but I’m happier with the ownership this year than last.

I’m also happy for Carol to decide how to spend her money.

I’m also realistic about where Vale are at the moment after some terrible years

I don’t rate some of the present squad

I am optimistic that we can progress

If that makes me a Happy Clapper in your books fair enough but I think of it as being realistic

Advert

Just now, MBE said:

Flitcroft speaks very very well. I do like the ambition of the club just very frustrated with how long it is taking to put a new manager in place and would have liked him as manager.

Thinking who the new manager could be. I can't see how it will be anyone with lots of experience to work under Flitcroft. Makes me wonder if the new manager will be announced within the next week to give it chance to sink in the new structure. Classic comms strategy.

Looking at the managers linked with us I think Adam Murray looks the most likely candidate to work in tandem with Flitcroft.

Win a game or two and it will be Danny Pugh. I can't believe people aren't seeing exactly what is taking place. If we actually appoint someone decent and exciting I'll happily hold my hands up in the air and say that I was completely wrong. But for me it's going to be Pugh, regardless of what he's said about not really wanting it previously, just as long as we pick up a few points here and there.

He could have been more upfront about what the plan is for the hiring a new manager.

This week / month / summer?

They must have some idea about a vague timeline.

The interviewer should have pressed on the Pugh issue.

Can he still get the job long term? What happens if he is successful in the next few games?

1 minute ago, sunny boslem said:

Let’s just try and be positive lads and ladies 

We know it ain’t going be Pugh and after tranmere thank god for that 

we as fans need to support the club on this and stick together 

How have you come to the conclusion it won't be Pugh? Go back a week or so and plenty of numtpies here were insisting he was a brilliant candidate for the job after we beat two of the worst sides you'll ever see play professional football. Another result and these same numpties will be spouting the same crap again.

29 minutes ago, TylerB said:

So I should be a happy-clapper and praise the club for every single decision it takes? Is that what a "proper fan" is? It's called having an opinion. In life sometimes people won't think and feel the same way as yourself.

Nothing wrong with having an opinion. It is knowing how far you take it, with respect TB you have made your point, move on.

18 minutes ago, TylerB said:

Everything is explained by the person that has just been given a job. He's not going to say anything else, is he? He might do great in the role, and I hope he does. But when we're crying out for a manager it all seems a bit daft. This guy is a manager, and has never been a director anytime in his life from what I can gather.

Check out wiki.  He's run the family business with his brother and father for 15 years and has his own football academy.  He's not been "just" a player and manager. 

In view of the amount of criticism our recruitment policy has been in recent years I'm pleased to hear him say it needs a total overhaul - that's what folk have been asking for.

Also, folk on here have been criticising Colin Garlick for not doing his job properly when running the football side of the business (wrongly in my opinion) and now they are criticising the club for appointing someone to do exactly that job.

Yes, we were all expecting a manager today so this has come as a surprise but you can see there is a degree of long term planning here which is something that has been lacking at the club for ages. 

I hope it works out.

7 minutes ago, dazzerjames said:

We aren’t going down as there isn’t likely to be any promotions / relegations to and from the national league anyway

That's alright then, let's carry on 433 with Mills and Joyce clodhopping every week while Sinclair and Billy Payner scream on the touchline, and finish bottom. It "likely" won't matter.

That definitely won't have a detrimental effect on ST uptake and thus revenue for 21/22. 

3 minutes ago, TylerB said:

But for me it's going to be Pugh, regardless of what he's said about not really wanting it previously, just as long as we pick up a few points here and there.

It won't be Pugh now. Too much has been said by Carol and now by Flitcroft about it.

Have some faith.

1 minute ago, Jacko51 said:

Check out wiki.  He's run the family business with his brother and father for 15 years and has his own football academy.  He's not been "just" a player and manager. 

In view of the amount of criticism our recruitment policy has been in recent years I'm pleased to hear him say it needs a total overhaul - that's what folk have been asking for.

Also, folk on here have been criticising Colin Garlick for not doing his job properly when running the football side of the business (wrongly in my opinion) and now they are criticising the club for appointing someone to do exactly that job.

Yes, we were all expecting a manager today so this has come as a surprise but you can see there is a degree of long term planning here which is something that has been lacking at the club for ages. 

I hope it works out.

We have been crying out for ambition maybe finally we have some. 

Why do so many people keep saying the season is over? They were saying this weeks ago. How about actually trying to win as many games as possible and build a bit of belief and momentum going into the new season? Carol as good as downed tools for this campaign weeks ago and everyone else is happy to follow like sheep. Madness.

I’d imagine the reason why Carol is a millionaire and you and I aren’t is because she has vision and learns from her mistakes

She can probably see that she has failed this year, but is putting a plan in place to improve next year.

A rushed appointment of a coach just to get rid of Pugh and gain a few wins , which only improves confidence amongst some players who will mostly be leaving , won’t be particularly helpful

I’d rather finish 2 off bottom this year if it means playoffs next year with the correct appointment.

We finished Last season with wins and momentum.. it means nothing

1 minute ago, Jacko51 said:

I hope it works out.

I think he speaks well and I'm not saying he won't do a good job. But I just don't see how this decision makes any sense when we desperately need a manager. I genuinely believe it's Danny Pugh as long as he doesn't lose every game we play from now until the end of the season, and that's my biggest issue. If we end up with Pugh, or another chancer of a manager, because we threw cash Flitcroft's way and couldn't afford the better managers that were available then where is the logic in that? I'd  have been more than content had he just been appointed manager. People will harp on about "long term", blah blah blah, but what the present? We should worry about now as much as in 3 or 5 years time.

Archived