onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Next Manager

davehartshill

I like flitcroft a lot. He seems a good football man who knows his stuff. It’s good we’ve got him onboard. I just hope things on the pitch improve and the quality of players we sign are much better for next season. I think Danny Pugh will be the manager, i said a few weeks back it’s a big job for these two but we have to get it right with signings. I feel more better with Flicker here now at least. 

Advert

6 minutes ago, the valiant said:

Does this mean that we don't need Colin garlic now to many chiefs and not enough Indians 

Totally different role.  CG is more an admin role, nothing to do with on the field matters other than paperwork eg. signing players, paying fines etc.

On topic, we’re still no closer to knowing who the manager is.  Maybe an Adam Murray type would fit the new infrastructure.

I think perhaps getting in a DOF before a new manager may work. Maybe Carol has realised the right managerial appointment simply cannot be made within the club and a DOF is exactly what is needed to make the wider football related decisions needed away from managing a team. 

Still wary of following this model but at least Flitcroft sounds decent. 

Also destroys the myth that we were not able to meet his wage demands! 

17 minutes ago, rob1983 said:

Whose the manager? Pugh?

If you listen to the "I know better than you" clan on here... its Pugh and this is fact and there is no other possible answer.

If you live in the world of realty, Flitcroft is looking at the CVs now and is charged with making that decision. 

1 minute ago, Iron Curtain said:

If you listen to the "I know better than you" clan on here... its Pugh and this is fact and there is no other possible answer.

If you live in the world of realty, Flitcroft is looking at the CVs now and is charged with making that decision. 

Hopefully he chooses himself then for the managers job. 

11 minutes ago, the valiant said:

Does this mean that we don't need Colin garlic now to many chiefs and not enough Indians 

I’ve only heard good things come from them who know and have worked with Colin including the interview with flitcroft 

where do u get that he should be gone come from?

Listened to the whole interview.

Really like Flitcroft. Comes across as proper football man who knows full well what he's talking about.

I'm going to leave my full judgement there until we appoint the manager.

Listening to DF, it simply cannot be Pugh. He doesn't want it and isnt ready for it. Everyone at the club has now said that.

If he did end up being appointed after that then, yes, it would be an utter circus.

If we do get a solid manager in and things work the way its sold then it really could be something.

My big worry is that Flitcroft is too much of a presence and a manager himself to be in the DOF role.

1 minute ago, Vale1995 said:

That snooker cue is thicker than them little noodle arms stop giving it massive 

You seem to be studying a 6 year old picture a little too hard. You're making me a little uncomfortable. Go watch an old Supermarket Sweep repeat and get your fix over Dale, you weapon.

My worry is what will actually change on the pitch if Pugh is manager? I’m guessing Flitcroft will have no involvement in training, team selection, man management etc etc.
I wouldn’t be surprised to see Flitcroft as manager within 2 years.

He will be looking to find new players and off load the dross we have in the squad

Yes it’s frustrating, but this season is over . We aren’t going down as there isn’t likely to be any promotions / relegations to and from the national league anyway

This is a strategic appointment to find the best first team coach . No requirement for this to be rushed. We now have an experienced ‘football’ person employed and we will have the best chance to sort out the behind the scenes mess with contracts etc .

The new ‘coach’ can come separately at end of the season for me. They have a full pre season with the new squad to implement their style

Flitcroft seems like someone who won't think twice about pulling people in and saying pull your socks up or you're done. That's what we need, so that's a good thing. It sounds like he will essentially be the line manager of the first team coach and training staff, and they will surely respect him and not test him. Too many people are coasting and happy to have us sitting 18th in the league if they still get a wage - players and staff. 

My (more considered views) on the matter. Re watched the interview with him today and he does speak excellently. I like the amount of data he has gone through and the real focus on development and recruitment. Also mentioned the scattergun approach of signings at this club. 

Maybe I don’t understand the role perfectly, I would have liked him as a manager, experienced, successful ect will he actually have an influence on tactics and team selection? 

I am happy that it seems HE is looking at bringing a manager in. 

Look, he’s spoken brilliantly and I wish him every success. Seems like a real good guy to have around the club. 
Let’s hope he can move this club forwards and bring in a decent head coach. I really do hope that flitcroft does have a say on the team selection though as he is as one of my choices as manager. As someone mentioned earlier. 

2 minutes ago, dazzerjames said:

He will be looking to find new players and off load the dross we have in the squad

Yes it’s frustrating, but this season is over . We aren’t going down as there isn’t likely to be any promotions / relegations to and from the national league anyway

This is a strategic appointment to find the best first team coach . No requirement for this to be rushed. We now have an experienced ‘football’ person employed and we will have the best chance to sort out the behind the scenes mess with contracts etc .

The new ‘coach’ can come separately at end of the season for me. They have a full pre season with the new squad to implement their style

Why do so many people keep saying the season is over? They were saying this weeks ago. How about actually trying to win as many games as possible and build a bit of belief and momentum going into the new season? Carol as good as downed tools for this campaign weeks ago and everyone else is happy to follow like sheep. Madness.

Flitcroft speaks very very well. I do like the ambition of the club just very frustrated with how long it is taking to put a new manager in place and would have liked him as manager.

Thinking who the new manager could be. I can't see how it will be anyone with lots of experience to work under Flitcroft. Makes me wonder if the new manager will be announced within the next week to give it chance to sink in the new structure. Classic comms strategy.

Looking at the managers linked with us I think Adam Murray looks the most likely candidate to work in tandem with Flitcroft.

Archived