onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Next Manager

davehartshill

To be fair, listening to Flitcroft’s interview he does speak well and I can kind of understand the appointment. It’s the continuation of Pugh which I just don’t get. I’ll be a lot more excited if Flitcroft shakes the football side up a bit and appoints a new manager from outside of the club. 

Advert

1 minute ago, Iron Curtain said:

This... 100% this.

In the know, Inner Circle, circle within a circle, I know something you don't know, If its not done the way they would do it they start dripping poison in peoples ears to undermine things. Some really awful behaviours on here for a group of people to support a club.

Welcome David. We have been crying out for someone to be in charge of football matters at this club from root to branch. Now we have one.

This club needs structure and foundations... Carol is in for the long term and wants success for us LONG TERM.

Like it or not, Carols intentions are to make this club a better place and she has invested to do that.

As always, The club will have my backing.

KTF

UTV

7 minutes ago, rob1983 said:

Whose the manager? Pugh?

The article says, "He will immediately begin supporting Interim Manager Danny Pugh with First Team affairs while taking responsibility for the appointment of the new Manager."

So, it's a new DOF with a new manager to come...unless, of course, he appoints Pugh and keeps Sinclair as first team coach.

They need to let Flitcroft bring in his own choice but whether that will happen is anybody's guess.

I suppose puzzled by the DOF role only on the basis that rumour had it that he wanted too much money to come. To then come and us then be appointing a new manager as well has left me scratching my head. Appreciate it was only rumour , but seemed credible . Happy for him to have the position of DOF as long as that really means he is our new manager with Pugh as assistant.

When i first saw the announcement i was a little confused but having watched the interview it looks like it could potentially be a good move. He seems to know what hes talking about and from his interview they are very much still looking for a new manager so people who are saying its pughs are wrong. Carol clearly doesnt know the football side of running a football club as she has no football backround so this looks like a decent move and takes some of the pressure off carol on the footballint decisions.

welcome flitcroft and hopefully a new manager will come soon to shut tyler b up 🤣 but no doubt he will have something negative to say whoever is appointed unless we manage to get pep from city 

Biting the hand that feeds springs to mind. We need to wait and see what Carol does, at the moment lots of unanswered questions. I think we all need to take a step backwards and give some time and thought after all its the Shanahan's running the club not us. When it is clear what is happening the opinions will have more validity. Meanwhile let us all get behind the football club and give 100 percent support not criticism and await clarification.

10 minutes ago, mbycars said:

If you listened to Flitcrofts interview everything is explained. If you don't understand well thats an issue only you can address.

Exactly right... brilliant watch that lays out exactly how we have ended up where we have.

The right decision by the sounds of it.

UTV

The meltdown on here is laughable. 

Please can someone tell me the success we have had in appointing a manager since Micky left? None.

Flitcroft being appointed DoF shows our long term vision. It's honestly refreshing to see.

Realistically we aren't going anywhere this season; so, therefore, we can take our time in appointing the right man for the job. 

I'll be honest, I'm more confident in this appointment than I would have been if we just appointed any old manager to sort out the mess. As I said before, what success have we had in doing that since Micky left? We've been going around in circles for years. 

Think of the long term vision. This is a step in the RIGHT DIRECTION. 

Get behind Carol and Dave!

I see what she's doing.

I really do.

But what experienced manager is going to want to come in having to work under someone else? Some are going to be reluctant with that arrangement, particularly with the bolded part.

Dave will be responsible for overseeing all aspects of football operations at Port Vale - the development of training facilities and enhancement of coaching, backroom support and analysis to player recruitment and development.

The kind of bstard we need as manager is usually a strong type A personality who inherently runs the entire show. They don't want to feel undermined or babysat. 

Pugh doesn't even want the fcking job. New bloke needed in the dug out by Saturday. I would rip your arm off right now for Micky on a 4 month deal until the Summer. I was not impressed with the reaction to Tranmere's goals and I doubt Micky would have been either. These mincers masquerading as professional footballers need to be run up and down that hill outside the Railway stand until they're sick while a brash little Yorkshireman throws water bottles at their heads and screams about overlapping wingbacks in a 442. 

Archived