onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Next Manager

davehartshill

3 minutes ago, darren1810 said:

Why would Flitcroft not want to be manager having applied for the position.

Just weird 

More stable job for him. Directors of football are more long term. Head coaches come and go but a director of football is judged over years not months/games.

Advert

7 minutes ago, darren1810 said:

Beat Grimsby and Southend 🙄

I'm not being funny, but genuinely I could have set the team up to win those games. as could most on here and most people capable of reading this post. 

What is in a title? His first priority is points on the table. Sessions with the squad and coaches to sort out this months fixtures. Sorting out a manager to take over that can come later, he will immediately be assessing all the players so should focus their minds. Rebuilding will take longer.

3 minutes ago, tommytunstall said:

What is your agenda, other than dissing the club at every opportunity 

And dishing out little snide digs to fans and other forum members. No wonder they aren’t taken seriously. Hes like the Poundland version of REP or Ernie.

Just now, Fosse69 said:

What is in a title? His first priority is points on the table. Sessions with the squad and coaches to sort out this months fixtures. Sorting out a manager to take over that can come later, he will immediately be assessing all the players so should focus their minds. Rebuilding will take longer.

Well hes not the manager so wont have the say on team selection and tactics ect. Instead we keep Pugh and Sinclair. 

2 minutes ago, Fosse69 said:

But that's what a manager does surely.

Not being funny, he's got be on at least 80 grand in this new role . 

4 minutes ago, mr.hobblesworth said:

Going from the video, we clearly do need a DoF. The club's needed completely remoulding since the Rudge years. I remember Sinnott stating we needed root and branch reform and it's never happened. If the infrastructure is as dilapidated as Flitcroft makes out, it would have been too much for one manager to sort.

To be fair I think there is a lot of truth in that. I'm not against Flitcroft at all, he's someone I would have been very happy with as manager. I just find it a strange thing to do at this moment in time. Now we are going to be waiting even longer for a new manager whilst the DOF chooses his manager with the board.

Why not just invest in a top manager rather than a DOF and manager? 

I’m going to put it out there and say I really like the idea after hearing some of what he says.

It’s a long term role that should build the club football wise, we’ve all moaned about the lack of focus on the football in recent months and this brings that.

If you listen to what he says it makes sense. He should be in place first to sort the manager and then support them and it’s now top priority.

Hopefully we can get that done quickly with initial interviews no doubt done.

I’m positive about this.

Having watched the video that Vale released it starts to make sense in terms of what Carol has decided to do.  Let's be honest, when was the last time we appointed a Manager that had any long term success?  If you carry on doing the same thing then you will keep getting the same results.  Good on Carol and the board for looking to do something a little different.  Whatever they did not everyone will be happy so I haven't been surprised by some of the negative posts that I have seen.  For God sake, give Carol and the board a chance and stop looking for something to moan about.  I will be interested to see who our next Manager is and I am more positive now than I was before the announcement.

9 minutes ago, TylerB said:

Happy-clapper claps.

I think most people have read the article. I think most people are genuinely bewildered.

If you listened to Flitcrofts interview everything is explained. If you don't understand well thats an issue only you can address.

Archived