onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Next Manager

davehartshill

Advert

1 minute ago, valiant_593 said:

Flitcroft is a manager, why has he been made DOF which we do not need! Sick of this every <ovf censored> time vale. If smurf did this everyone would be going nuts.

Well director's of football usually start off as managers.

The head coach role is crucial still, of course. When will one be appointed?

One thing I'll say is that Flitcroft has splashed the cash at previous clubs. Does this mean we'll be doing the same now his sole job is signing players?

cant be an expensive manager now

this is bonkers, the club is so bloated with unneeded staff ALREADY

Flitters seems like a bull in a china shop to me so that'll get the players in line or turn them off even more

Don’t get that at all. Why not just appoint him as manager? Bear in mind that he is actually a manager and never been a DOF football.

If Pugh is going to stay on as manager then this is ridiculous, what’s he done to earn the manager’s job?

If someone else is going to come in as manager then why are we wasting two wages on a new manager and DOF?

Bizarre.

Has nobody read the article? 

Carol says this is EXTRA investment so it sounds like she’s putting more of HER money in. 

A director of football with a decent head coach is a system that can work well and does for lots of the biggest clubs in Europe as well as clubs in our own league. Plenty of clubs have this system in place. 

He’s experienced in football and business so to me it looks like a good appointment. It also takes the pressure off Carol in regards to the football side of things. 

Just now, Wrex said:

Well director's of football usually start off as managers.

The head coach role is crucial still, of course. When will one be appointed?

One thing I'll say is that Flitcroft has splashed the cash at previous clubs. Does this mean we'll be doing the same now his sole job is signing players?

I just dont get it

Flitcroft is a decent manager and someone we should have looked to get in as our manager. He has a decent record not just in signing players but tactically. He was the ideal realistic choice to be our manager. 

Instead, he is now DOF which we 100% do not need and is more wasted funds, I will be shocked now if Pugh and Sinclair dont stay in charge now. Embarrassing. Always the same. Finances are meant to be tight, i keep hearing about this 1m down in revenue, so we now appoint someone in a position we didnt need? There surely isnt a chance now that we will have a decent experienced head coach given finances. Baffled by it all 

Carol's money so if she wants to hire a load of staff and a director of football who will sign a load of expensive players then fine with me. Couple of questions though:

1. How will this approach work with the new squad/wage cap rules?

2. Why spend all this money on extraneous staff members and go for the cheap option as head coach?

1 minute ago, SuperHuman said:

Don’t get that at all. Why not just appoint him as manager? Bear in mind that he is actually a manager and never been a DOF football.

If Pugh is going to stay on as manager then this is ridiculous, what’s he done to earn the manager’s job?

If someone else is going to come in as manager then why are we wasting two wages on a new manager and DOF?

Bizarre.

Beat Grimsby and Southend 🙄

I genuinely believe the owners know full well that Danny Pugh is our long term manager. It's almost like they are just buying some time for him to fluke a good result against someone so they can then officially confirm a 2 or 3 year contract.

You couldn't make this up. How on earth has a manager that applied to become manager suddenly become a DOF?

Archived