onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Next Manager

davehartshill

Advert

7 minutes ago, Fosse69 said:

Leicester City

It's easy to pick out one or two clubs where it works, It's also very easy to pick out clubs where clearly it didn't work. One thing a DOF always does is undermine any manager. But seeing as we seem oh so eager to go for the cheap option it won't really matter anyway.

Port Vale will always be Port Vale. Utter crap club and I don't see it changing anytime soon for all the want in the world and no matter how nice the owners are. If we have anything to be somewhat optimistic about we'll always find a way for things to suddenly go <ovf censored> up.

If the new manager had anything about them they would assess the staff over the next few months and lobby Carol to get rid of the cash-draining, barely-qualified coaches (not ALL just, the jobs for mates brigade) and ask if they can be replaced by his own team, only then can you say this the manager's set up. No excuses, your team, your transfer window, your training staff, your philosophy - your results!

I'm sure you have a long, long list of clubs where it works wonderfully. Clearly your head is full of magic.
So your just going to ignore the two prime examples of recent successes at league 2 clubs?

If you want a really successful example what about your favourite team? Michael Edwards at Liverpool is the sporting director who identified players and heads a committee where they chose who to sign.

28 minutes ago, Walka003 said:
1 hour ago, dishydave said:
Wouldn't it be fun if there were 3 or 4 candidates there and we all have to phone in to vote for who we want. All money raised will help pay wages and if it goes Tats up in 1 or 2 years time Carol can come on here moaning about how we picked the wrong guy and that she never wanted him in the first place.

I feel like a club did do that once, I read an article about it the other week but I'm struggling to remember who it was

roy of the rovers??????😉

11 minutes ago, TylerB said:

It's easy to pick out one or two clubs where it works, It's also very easy to pick out clubs where clearly it didn't work. One thing a DOF always does is undermine any manager. But seeing as we seem oh so eager to go for the cheap option it won't really matter anyway.

Port Vale will always be Port Vale. Utter crap club and I don't see it changing anytime soon for all the want in the world and no matter how nice the owners are. If we have anything to be somewhat optimistic about we'll always find a way for things to suddenly go <ovf censored> up.

They are capable of being so much more ,at present on the pitch we ain't much good but with a strong leader we are capable of so much more ,yes its frustrating watching all Askeys good work go to waste and ended up losing his job but ultimately if your players are not up to the job then whoevers in charge he will have a hard job getting more out of them .

Always love the Vale m8 through good and bad keep your head up the players do not reflect the owners or the support we be here when the underperforming players are long gone and annoying some other set of supporters or maybe at another club they will put the extra work in and be fantastic .

Joe B needs come back too that lad speaks a lot of sense ,I do not usually I react to what i see and what ice seen this season is players standing off players and giving easy goals away to opposition .

To me the new man has to watch all goals conceded and hold them in the main who have brought dishonesty and sheer ineptitude responsibility to task let's hope he as seen what I've seen 

UTV keep the faith

45 minutes ago, Walka003 said:

Absolutely rubbish.

Clubs in the league 2 with a DoF right now (under one title or another) :

Bradford, Cheltenham, Colchester, Crawley, Leyton Orient, Mansfield, Oldham, Salford.

Swindon promoted last year with a director of football. Lincoln the year before the same.

Can you name these DoFs please?

8 minutes ago, TylerB said:

Investigate where it  works, then apply if suitable. Clubs are defined by their location,  Burslem should be able to support a mid L1 team, which in the nature of football and luck will occasionally over perform and  also struggle. Its ambition should be a solid L1 team, with spells in the Championship, based on the current economics of football.  Similar to its history, as part or central to the local community. It does not have a right to exist, it depends on support which has to be earned or inherited.

Archived