onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Next Manager

davehartshill

12 hours ago, Jacko51 said:

Tranmere have had huge external investment in the last couple of seasons - somewhere in the region of £3million.  We on the other hand, have had a constant drain on resources because of the need to pay off our former owner.  That's how they can afford the likes of Keith Hill and we can't at the moment.

At this moment in time Jean i would take Harry Hill

Advert

11 hours ago, Jacko51 said:

One thing Carol needs to do though, is to forget her scruples and consider releasing Pugh and Sinclair if they are preventing anyone accepting the job.

Totally agree with that as well,i actually like Pugh myself(sinclair's booming voice is getting on my twonks) maybe even put pugh in charge of youth and Academy ditch sinclair but allow a manager to bring in his own 1st team coaches

If we want someone decent who can actually take this club forward then like anything in life we need to pay for it. It’s a question of whether the club is happy to continue this dross year after year and appoint another nobody or pay for a decent manager and hopefully see the club finally progress. We’ve done so well in progressing the club off the field however on seems to being left behind. The manager is the most important and imo we should be paying to get someone quality in. That’s not to say if there demands are unreasonable we don’t look elsewhere or negotiate but we are desperate for someone who has been there and done it. Tranmere look a great side with hill as their manager, other league  2 sides seem to find a way to bring someone. 

I don’t buy this finance issue comment over a new manager. The club made the decision to sack askey, so surely funds have to be there to replace him otherwise that Dosent makes sense. (Unless carol was hoping Pugh would making a flying start). 

Essentially, for me if we want someone decent in we’re going to have to pay for them. And if derek adams did apply and didn’t even make the shortlist then something is just off at the club. 

11 hours ago, Jacko51 said:

It's just something Sproson said before the game about managers wanting to bring in their own staff and not accept what's already there.

This is a concern Jean,surely the football league future of the club is more important than keeping Pugh on etc,to be fair to pugh he says its up to those higher up what happens to him but he would like to stay on coaching,his interview was a little different though yesterday,to me it sounded like something was going to happen soon

9 hours ago, SuperHuman said:

Why should a new manager have to work with Pugh et al? It simply doesn’t work. It’s plain to see that we need a fresh start.

Any new manager will have built relationships with their own back room staff. Why should they come in and work with randomers? Randomers that have been a failure by the way. 

This whole mollycoddling of Pugh is embarrassing. What has he actually achieved at Port Vale?

Correct it seems a recipe for disaster imo,what happens if they fall out over something after a few weeks with not knowing how each other works etc..... I aren't blaming Carol really but who the hell is advising her football wise behind the scenes,i think she really needs to up the game a bit where a search for a manager is concerned

2 minutes ago, werstayinup said:

Correct it seems a recipe for disaster imo,what happens if they fall out over something after a few weeks with not knowing how each other works etc..... I aren't blaming Carol really but who the hell is advising her football wise behind the scenes,i think she really needs to up the game a bit where a search for a manager is concerned

I'd imagine Garlick is advising her as our resident 'football expert'.

If Pugh stays and we get Flitcroft it might work as they've worked together at Bury, but I'm all for a new manager bringing his own team in.

I'm sure that Carol and the board are/were hoping that Danny Pugh could steady the ship whilst they search/wait for the right candidate to take control.
It's a really weird season for all teams and things may not be panning out as we all had hoped, but I'm sure that Carol and the board have far more idea of the financial implications of every decision they make especially with no sign of any income from fans anytime soon.
Getting the right man at the helm is difficult at the best times and even if they pay big bucks for who appears to be the best possible manager there is never any guarantee that they will be a success.
Time is a valuable commodity in football and we need to be patient and hope that wheels are turning steadily behind the scenes.

Condescending I know and I apologise to all those offended by such a post.

1 hour ago, valiant_593 said:

I don’t buy this finance issue comment over a new manager. The club made the decision to sack askey, so surely funds have to be there to replace him otherwise that Dosent makes sense. (Unless carol was hoping Pugh would making a flying start)

We have brought in five new players in this window, one of whom was not anticipated - the keeper. I very much suspect we were anticipating a couple leaving, indeed there was talk of Legge going to Oldham. I also wonder if the club was expecting Robinson to go as it was reported he was going to be deregistered and wouldn’t be playing. They are two of our better paid players but didn’t leave. So it may be that our budget does not have the cash available that we thought it was going to have. This is all part of the crazy times we find ourselves in at the moment. As I’ve said, I wouldn’t be in Carol’s position for all the tea in China. 

The lads on the Ale and Vale podcast made an excellent point in their recent review.

Carol probably thought she had the managers role sewn up when she went on the radio and talked about her "checklist". However the ink wasn't on the page and the Flitcroft deal is looking very much dead in the water.

So what do you after publicly saying you're going to get a manager who ticks all the boxes, when the rest of your options don't tick them? You delay and delay hoping that either Flitcroft can be talked around or the right person comes up.

Meanwhile Pugh continues to preside of a shambolic group of footballers with seemingly no ability to defend or score unless they are playing against the bottom two teams in the league. We're also playing large sums to players deemed surplus to requirements without a manager in place to assess if they actually want them as part of their squad.

It's now our 5th week without a manager. We've wasted a transfer window in which that manager could have brought in his own players, delayed on making a decision and all but announced that we would have a new manager on a certain day before we had agreed terms.

I really thought the days of us acting like a circus were over when the blue <ovf censored> left. Carol needs to pull her finger out, from the outside looking in were a shambles on and off the pitch at the moment.

has anyone thought of a player-coach? experience/contacts/ambition. forget these journeyman ,money grabbing  ,media imbaciles. ther e must be loads of qualified pros in their last couple of seasons who are waiting for an opportunity. a good solid midfielder with brains. (if there is such a thing!) 😏:whistling::drink:

Archived