onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Next Manager

davehartshill

Advert

I suspect I know who your contact is and if I’m correct, it’s a bit naughty. 
People near, around or involved in the club need to shut the f*ck up and just get on with their jobs. Why is there always leaks with everything. Just keep your trap shut and focus on getting us up the league you dossers.

25 minutes ago, CAVALIER said:

You won’t believe it though unless Askey or the club says it’s true so no point. 

Maybe that’s who it’s from... if so then people can believe it’s validity can’t they. No issue with people who can back it up. Question then shifts to the appropriateness of sharing it.

If it’s from his mate who knows someone then it’s hearsay.

Our wage bill is to high that is the problem, it is to high because for years  now we have packed the squads with journeymen and others who are not good enough for the first team. Couple this with the fleet of coaches we have, mostly inexperienced tactically naive but big in numbers, hence we cannot afford a manager who would dramatically improve us.

1 hour ago, Jacko51 said:

It's just something Sproson said before the game about managers wanting to bring in their own staff and not accept what's already there.

Surely that goes without saying.

You cannot offer someone the manager role and they say your backroom team is ????

I would expect Carol to have issues if that is the case

2 hours ago, Jacko51 said:

It's just something Sproson said before the game about managers wanting to bring in their own staff and not accept what's already there.

So Sproson says something about managers wanting to bring in their own staff, which I assume would suggest that this is the problem in appointing the number one target. If true, why on earth wasn’t this thrashed out during the interview!!!

26 minutes ago, Sandyford_Lion said:

Surely that goes without saying.

You cannot offer someone the manager role and they say your backroom team is ????

I would expect Carol to have issues if that is the case

That's probably what the issue is.It's normal football procedure for a manager to bring in his own staff.Hasn't Carol brought in her own staff,commercially,to replace staff over the past few months ?🤔🤔

1 minute ago, ELDERBEZZA said:

That's probably what the issue is.It's normal football procedure for a manager to bring in his own staff.Hasn't Carol brought in her own staff,commercially,to replace staff over the past few months ?🤔🤔

Its expensive getting rid of a manager AND HIS TEAM but once you dwcidd he is going then you need to see it through. No turning back.

If you cannot afford then dont get rid and try sort ghe issue out another way, if possible.

So Sproston says something about managers wanting to bring in their own staff, which I assume would suggest that this is the problem in appointing the number one target. If true, why on earth wasn’t this thrashed out during the interview!!!

Perhaps Carol wouldn’t concede 🤷‍♀️ Loyalty to Pugh 🤷‍♀️

Why should a new manager have to work with Pugh et al? It simply doesn’t work. It’s plain to see that we need a fresh start.

Any new manager will have built relationships with their own back room staff. Why should they come in and work with randomers? Randomers that have been a failure by the way. 

This whole mollycoddling of Pugh is embarrassing. What has he actually achieved at Port Vale?

38 minutes ago, sinnott2spinnit said:

So Sproson says something about managers wanting to bring in their own staff, which I assume would suggest that this is the problem in appointing the number one target. If true, why on earth wasn’t this thrashed out during the interview!!!

If you heard the interview you will know that Sproson was actually commenting on an earlier interview, from someone who's name I missed, regarding the process involved in appointing manager, such as the questions the owners should be asking and the questions the managerial candidate would ask.  Referencing the backroom staff, Sproson was merely speculating, rather than suggesting, that this was one potential reason for the lack of any appointment.

The original interview was well worth a listen, maybe someone can post a link, or at least the guys name.

As I recall Carol said that she'd like Pugh to stay at the club and that he was highly thought of. But she never said it was a redline issue.

Reading between the lines it seems were getting close to appointing someone but that talks seemed to have broken down and it's back to the shortlist.

One thing I've learned from reading up on Flitcroft and McGreal is how many connections there are to current players and staff.

Flitcroft: signed Pugh and Pope, was dropped by Askey

McGreal: centre-back partnership with Sinclair, signed Robinson

Archived