onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Next Manager

davehartshill

Advert

7 minutes ago, Jacko51 said:

One thing Carol needs to do though, is to forget her scruples and consider releasing Pugh and Sinclair if they are preventing anyone accepting the job.

I wondered if there was perhaps a stipulation for any new manager that Pugh stays on the coaching staff (either as 1st team coach, or possibly even as the assistant?) - as you suggest, there shouldn't be, it should be up to the new manager to decide on his backroom staff (finances and budget permitting, of course).

2 hours ago, gags 64 said:

Reading between the lines it looks to me like the wage demands of those at the top of the list may be scuppering their chances, or maybe the fact they want their own backroom team with added costs that come with that

Probably very likely they do want their own backroom team, which would mean the deserved dole queue for jokers Pugh and Sinclair. That’s the probably the biggest problem as they may need paying up. 

Pugh and Sinclair are part of a failed Ashley era. Carol thinks they are wonderful, but nobody would sack Askey and think the answer lies in his support staff? 

Likewise no new manager of any credibility will gladly work with the old guard as they want things to change and they won’t do so easily with failures hanging around. 

A major failing for Gannon was that he wanted change, but never got support for it because he had the old boys or Grew and Horsfield to convince it was needed after they had done well under Adams. 

1 minute ago, The Kalamazoo Kid said:

I wondered if there was perhaps a stipulation for any new manager that Pugh stays on the coaching staff (either as 1st team coach, or possibly even as the assistant?) - as you suggest, there shouldn't be, it should be up to the new manager to decide on his backroom staff (finances and budget permitting, of course).

It's just something Sproson said before the game about managers wanting to bring in their own staff and not accept what's already there.

Unfortunately football is ruthless and sentiment goes out of the window. 

Maybe the lower you go to a lesser extent you don't get sidekicks like you do in the Premier League, but most managers would want their own man and rightly so 

I think yes it would be a shame for Pugh to exit like that but football is a different animal and he'll recover and get a job elsewhere 

We ought not to be putting any stipulation in place or the only potential managers are the more desperate ones. 

16 minutes ago, Jacko51 said:

It's just something Sproson said before the game about managers wanting to bring in their own staff and not accept what's already there.

I agree it’s a trust matter where cohesion is required, you don’t want circles within circles all conspiring for their own party politics.

42 minutes ago, Jacko51 said:

One thing Carol needs to do though, is to forget her scruples and consider releasing Pugh and Sinclair if they are preventing anyone accepting the job.

And therein lies the problem, paying up existing staff and employing the new regime is very expensive especially in the current climate, and then when an appointment has been made half the fanbase will moan that the new bloke has not been given the money to buy better players and they will be accused of lacking ambition.

I feel truly sorry for Carol, football is like no other business and I think she is finding that out now. 

Archived