onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Next Manager

davehartshill

33 minutes ago, robf said:

@geoff1I'll just come back on that if I may.

This is very clearly at the bottom of EVERY PAGE and I put it there for a reason.

Capture.thumb.JPG.780c910db2975b64f27065b3755b9b82.JPG

The offending post has been dealt with but don't set unrealistic expectations or moan about moderation because of a user's actions.

The moderators  are volunteers who do it for free in their own time. There should be no expectation that they read everything or that there's not also some responsibility from users to report things.  So, with all due respect - if something is off on here don't blame the moderators - use the report button to tell the moderators. 

In this case this was reported by several others and came to my attention when I came on the site this morning (i.e. as soon as I was aware of it - I am remarkably not on here 24 hours a day watching every post that is made).

Thanks,

Rob

ooooh!!!!!! sorry to upset you matey!😪

Advert

29 minutes ago, TJHValiant said:

I agree, Eddie Howe is pie in the sky stuff. He will be likely to go to Newcastle United or something. 

However, Jason Tindall, who has just been sacked by Bournemouth could be a clever idea. He was Howe’s assistant and was there for all of Bournemouth’s  glory period. 

I'm guessing Tindall will rock up as Eddie Howe's assistant at Celtic or Newcastle or wherever he goes to.

If he's determined to be a number one though then yeah I'd definitely be up for that. He was Howe's assistant from League Two to the Premier League so definitely knows how it's done.

The transfer window just slammed shut this week and our squad is full now. Barring something extraordinary we won't be relegated or in the play-offs. We have a legion of players out of contract in the summer, a few obvious ones being important to keep and the rest being easily replaceable.

I'd rather the right man (or woman) in May than the wrong man now.

That's about the long and the short of it.

32 minutes ago, SalfordValiant said:

Ashley Williams has just retired and is doing his badges, he played at every level and captained his country. Feel like he would get the players respect instantly and with having just retired he knows the modern game.

Only one ex stoke player has been a successful manager at vale the others failed miserably  we cannot give a inexperienced ex player the job that would be a disaster.

When people say Pugh will get the gig if we do well over the next few games, are we thinking until the end of the season or permanently? Surely at the most until the summer as I would prefer someone who’s got good experience, like Carol said.

54 minutes ago, hamilboy said:

Only one ex stoke player has been a successful manager at vale the others failed miserably  we cannot give a inexperienced ex player the job that would be a disaster.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Potteries_derby#Managers_who_worked_at_both_clubs

Ex-Stokies who later managed Vale:

Micky Adams (success)
Alan Bloor (indifferent)
Tom Holford (success)
Jackie Mudie (failed)
Danny Pugh (indifferent)
Stanley Matthews (failed)
Joe Schofield (success)
Freddie Steele (success)

3 hours ago, robf said:

@geoff1I'll just come back on that if I may.

This is very clearly at the bottom of EVERY PAGE and I put it there for a reason.

Capture.thumb.JPG.780c910db2975b64f27065b3755b9b82.JPG

The offending post has been dealt with but don't set unrealistic expectations or moan about moderation because of a user's actions.

The moderators  are volunteers who do it for free in their own time. There should be no expectation that they read everything or that there's not also some responsibility from users to report things.  So, with all due respect - if something is off on here don't blame the moderators - use the report button to tell the moderators. 

In this case this was reported by several others and came to my attention when I came on the site this morning (i.e. as soon as I was aware of it - I am remarkably not on here 24 hours a day watching every post that is made).

Thanks,

Rob

Thank you for dealing with the post Rob. A disgusting post from someone supposedly well respected on here. 

19 minutes ago, Wrex said:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Potteries_derby#Managers_who_worked_at_both_clubs

Ex-Stokies who later managed Vale:

Micky Adams (success)
Alan Bloor (indifferent)
Tom Holford (success)
Jackie Mudie (failed)
Danny Pugh (indifferent)
Stanley Matthews (failed)
Joe Schofield (success)
Freddie Steele (success)

Adams played for Stoke didn’t he? Was it a loan?

5 minutes ago, Mario said:

Them blarting that we have to have an experienced manager can they explain how the two caretakers at bradford have managed to do so well 8 games unbeaten and winning at Exeter so far today 

Managers are judged on results, but  do they set the team out to beat the opposition , change tactics as the game develops, substitute to events on the field as well as injuries, But they only have the players registered and have no control over injuries and referees. Could be a brave man taking over from the caretakers at Valley Parade.

Archived