onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Next Manager

davehartshill

5 hours ago, Powerline said:

I really don’t understand the meltdown on here. There’s no rush to appoint a manager. We won’t go down because of how bad Grimsby and Southend are, and we are nowhere near good enough for the play offs. I’m quite happy for Carol to keep reviewing applicants and take her time over the decision.

I also don’t understand the obsession with Pugh till the end of the season. It makes far more sense for a new manager to be brought in over the next month so he can work with the squad and have some time with them before next season.

Some people are even saying it will be Pugh permanently. Rubbish. Carol categorically said it won’t be Pugh, it will be someone with experience, and Pugh allegedly hasn’t even applied. So in what world then do they turn around and appoint him? And people are making out like he’s done amazing since he’s took over. We’ve beat two non-league standard teams and got a lucky point thanks to Rodney at Forest Green. That’s no disrespect to Pugh, he’s doing a decent job as caretaker, but he’s hardly turned us into world beaters like some people are making out.

Totally agree with that but still think she’s looking to give it to Pugh if results aren’t to bad over the next 4/5 games hope I’m wrong 

Advert

15 minutes ago, CAVALIER said:

Maybe we should think outside of the box and approach someone who hasn’t applied? Wonder if that’s happened? Offer Paul Cook £2k+ a week for example?

Paul Cook will get more than 2k a week as and when he takes a new job.

I'm sure behind the scenes things are happening, just hope whoever it is is the right fit for PVFC .

I'm quite a relaxed person anyway I'd rather wait for someone decent that we appoint someone just for the sake of it .

I'd go for John Coleman or Eddie Howe all the rest apart from Joey Barton do not do it for me on the list but there is always going be disagreements about whoever gets the job the most important thing is he proves once he as got it why he was selected  and gets everything he can out of the players if he does that then every supporter will back him 

Totally agree with that but still think she’s looking to give it to Pugh if results aren’t to bad over the next 4/5 games hope I’m wrong 
Compare our results when players are available from injury. As Kloop has said, "Liverpool are suffering from fatigue, players out injured, and expectations of a repeat of last season." The return of Gibbons, Monty, Manny, and new players could see an improvement in our situation, needs consideration.

carol stated out of around 100 applicants for the job, about 40 were top class, some suprising, when  she and kevin arrived, she promised the supporters openess and honesty . still 605% behind carol but its becoming a media farce. out of the 40 someone must want the job?😇😜

22 minutes ago, Eddie Ford said:

He’s currently earning nothing at the moment though. £2k to £3k would do it I reckon and with a Paul Cook in charge, Championship football would be very much within reach

Paul Cook is at the bottom end of the been in football long enough, high enough up the pyramid and during the right period to not really be overly bothered about 2k a week. Any money he makes will:

Be taxable at the higher rate

Liable for NI

He certainly won't be earning nothing, he's just not working for the money he will be earning. If he wanted the Vale job he would have applied. If your investment income is 50k a year plus you look at a job offer in a different way to Joe Public. If he's sitting at home contemplating food banks and claiming benefits he is either foolish, or has an agent he should have sacked.

36 minutes ago, geoff1 said:

where are the moderaters?

@geoff1I'll just come back on that if I may.

This is very clearly at the bottom of EVERY PAGE and I put it there for a reason.

Capture.thumb.JPG.780c910db2975b64f27065b3755b9b82.JPG

The offending post has been dealt with but don't set unrealistic expectations or moan about moderation because of a user's actions.

The moderators  are volunteers who do it for free in their own time. There should be no expectation that they read everything or that there's not also some responsibility from users to report things.  So, with all due respect - if something is off on here don't blame the moderators - use the report button to tell the moderators. 

In this case this was reported by several others and came to my attention when I came on the site this morning (i.e. as soon as I was aware of it - I am remarkably not on here 24 hours a day watching every post that is made).

Thanks,

Rob

36 minutes ago, Iron Curtain said:

Paul Cook turned down Sheff wed.

No wonder people moan when we approach realistic targets.

Eddie Howe!!! 😂

I agree, Eddie Howe is pie in the sky stuff. He will be likely to go to Newcastle United or something. 

However, Jason Tindall, who has just been sacked by Bournemouth could be a clever idea. He was Howe’s assistant and was there for all of Bournemouth’s  glory period. 

1 hour ago, CAVALIER said:

Maybe we should think outside of the box and approach someone who hasn’t applied? Wonder if that’s happened? Offer Paul Cook £2k+ a week for example?

Paul Cook probably has enough money to buy the club, along with synectics themselves if he so wished. 

In fact he is so wealthy, he’d probably feel inclined to give Carol and Kevin a food bank hamper of their own. 

Archived