onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Next Manager

davehartshill

John Rudge would have been hooked when he took over from McGrath, his record was atrocious, all hail Kevin Finney, and that just sums it up for me, and the problem Carol faces, luck is never included in the equation, Carol has an unenviable task, financials are obviously going to play a massive part going forward.

How many of this seasons Box holders, VP's and season ticket holders are going to renew next season ?

Setting next seasons budget is going to be one of the hardest in footballs history.

I know folk will say spend the money and get a manager in, it's a no brainer an easy point of view when it's not your money and there is no money in the pot.

Carol and Kevin have not built up their successful business by just spending and certainly not spending what they don't have, Carol will have a plan and as supporters we have got to support her vision and hope that the part of equation that is rarely mentioned; luck, comes good. 

Advert

John Rudge would have been hooked when he took over from McGrath, his record was atrocious, all hail Kevin Finney, and that just sums it up for me, and the problem Carol faces, luck is never included in the equation, Carol has an unenviable task, financials are obviously going to play a massive part going forward.
How many of this seasons Box holders, VP's and season ticket holders are going to renew next season ?
Setting next seasons budget is going to be one of the hardest in footballs history.
I know folk will say spend the money and get a manager in, it's a no brainer an easy point of view when it's not your money and there is no money in the pot.
 Carol and Kevin have not built up their successful business by just spending and certainly not spending what they don't have, Carol will have a plan and as supporters we have got to support her vision and hope that the part of equation that is rarely mentioned; luck, comes good. 
Bob on Black dog.
We could hire the best possible manager available and ultimately he(she) might fail or we could stick with Pugh and he may bring total success but 'success' is the key word.
We all have differing opinions as to exactly what constitutes success.
Some (according to those who are always right) are Happy Clappers and will view staying in league two as success.
Others seem to want League One status.
Personally, and I say this as a bona-fide Happy Clapper, I want Champions League before I die. Unlikely I know but it's a level of success I hope the club aspire to.
It would be interesting - on another thread- to see other people's views on what they call success.
Back on topic I have no idea who will get the job bit God help them when we lose 3 on a row.

39 minutes ago, blackdog said:How many of this seasons Box holders, VP's and season ticket holders are going to renew next season ?

This is a massive concern I think. I’ve had a season ticket for about 5 years, and sporadically before that. But I’m not sure I’ll be renewing. There are all kinds of reasons why I’m not alone, but I think going to the footy on a Saturday afternoon is a habit for lots of folk, and the pandemic has broken that habit for all of us. How many will return?

1 minute ago, grand prix pants said:

This is a massive concern I think. I’ve had a season ticket for about 5 years, and sporadically before that. But I’m not sure I’ll be renewing. There are all kinds of reasons why I’m not alone, but I think going to the footy on a Saturday afternoon is a habit for lots of folk, and the pandemic has broken that habit for all of us. How many will return?

It depend on where we are with the pandemic over the summer, but if people can see that football will be back open for business as usual next season then it could work the other way, where folk are just so glad to get out they'll turn up in their droves.  It's hard to call, and the timing and nature of any lifting of restrictions will obviously be crucial.

As things stand right now I'll be picking 3 up.

53 minutes ago, blackdog said:

Luck is the undefined magic element in football. More often promotion is your 4 or 5 key players staying fit and relegation all 4 or 5 injured for a fair part of the season. I think that partly explains why managers appear geniuses one season; only to be sacked the next.

18 minutes ago, grand prix pants said:

This is a good point, after such a gap people do change, how many will return to footy and other sports, how many regular pub goers will return etc etc. These are indeed strange times

49 minutes ago, grand prix pants said:

I will be glad to get rid of the habit of not being able to go anywhere, pubs, eating out, trips in the car, football etc

In no way do I want to be the defender of Carol or Port Vale, and if I thought she was wrong I would say, I thought she worded her statement Re. The new manager incorrectly by giving false hope and deadlines, but if you have a few minutes listen to the Chairman of Walsall explaining his clubs dilemmas, most of what he says applies to all clubs.

Exclusive: Chairman Leigh Pomlett provides a club update following closure of the transfer window - YouTube 

2 hours ago, grand prix pants said:

By the way, if I wasn’t to have a season ticket it would be no criticism of the club, or the next manager, whoever it is, or Carol. Other factors.

Archived