onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Next Manager

davehartshill

Advert

Lets be honest; the name's Flitcroft, McGreal etc. have not come out of the club at any time during this ongoing process. Thee names have been flung in the ring via the latest betting odds and our own local media. OK, so we have had the same coming out of national media, bit where do you think they get their stories from, eh? Yes, the bookies and the locals. We can all speculate, but maybe, just maybe the bookies are wrong and Radio Joke are talking out of their backside as usual and none of the names being flung about are actually on the shortlist. We just don't know! It may be the worst kept secret in football after all, or, utter bull****. But when Carol says she hopes to have someone in place before Saturday's match at Tranmere, lets just give here the rest of today, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, and Saturday morning to do that before we start a mass panic attack! It'll be whoever it is, and will be announces whenever. Yes, am also on the edge of my seat and want to know yesterday, but nothing I do can chivvy things along one iota.
I agree with everything you're saying but when has she said there will be a manager in place before Saturday. I heard her say before the end of the season or have I missed something

9 minutes ago, butt lane vale fan said:

And I cannot understand why Derick Adams hasn't been sounded out. IF true of course.

In another example of "In the knowary" Eddie Ford knows that Derek Adams applied... @Eddie Ford are you prepared to tell us how you know?

On 30/01/2021 at 11:22, Eddie Ford said:

For a starters I do know that he’s applied.

This is a great sentiment, but Flitcroft was being lined up. 
Was he or was he just on one of the short lists. And if they've interviewed everyone on the short lists and offered it him within a day then that seems a very hasty decision which is the very thing that we know won't happen. I think whats more likely happened is they spoke he realised the job wasn't for him or vice versa and they moved on. Then someone has heard about it or just guessed he's been interviewed and then put it out on Facebook as gossip sorry I mean gospel

People say Pugh deserves his chance I'm sure he was at the club before when a former manager was fired ,I'm.not sure how he did but I suppose 7 points out of 15 is good for a team who have no ambition ,he really if he wants to not be replaced needs to reel off a very good unbeaten run for say 10 games because every defeat will have everyone (mostly)calling for his head and the removal of him .

We beat Southend and Grimsby currently the worst two sides in the division other than that we have performed quite poorly in the other games and ok the players look up to the bloke ok prove it only wins or not losing in next 5 for me will convince me he should have the job till summer .

Big ask that but we need to get a run going of some sort but certainly not a losing one 

UTV 

23 minutes ago, Joe B said:

https://www.stokesentinel.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/port-vale-chief-executive-answers-4958615

Update from Garlick. Pugh largely led transfers so it wouldn't seem we're on the verge of appointing anybody, yet. 

Also seems the club had planned to get rid of a couple of players.

Good interview. Sensible and calm.

Archived