onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Next Manager

davehartshill

Advert

52 minutes ago, Iron Curtain said:

That took me no time at all... the multi quote functionality of this website really is quite good for holding people accountable to what they said. DM me if you would like me to teach you how to do it.

And please attack the post not the poster... no need not to be civil. Very naughty.

Think you need to look in the mirror...

1 hour ago, Jacko51 said:

Let's assume that Carol was expecting some of the higher paid players to be off the wage bill during the transfer window.  That would free up some cash to add to the manager pot.  But they haven't gone and we are still having to pay them.  That changes things.

Let's assume that the fans are whingeing because the club has said nothing about the managerial position.  So Carol makes a statement saying the sort of bloke we are looking for.  Guardiola isn't interested so we line up a bloke who, whilst far from perfect, matches a few of the criteria.  But because of the situation mentioned above and a bit of glitsch in salary negotiations, it seems he isn't coming. 

The only thing Carol has done wrong is to misunderstand how fans react to every word and rumour that comes out of the club. 

It makes us seem so damned unprofessional. Again. 

Talk about mixed messages.

Just who is advising Carol ATM?

1 minute ago, Alan Baker said:

Look at Newcastle. It took them two months and turned down by 10candidates before they appointed Bruce. Now that’s unprofessional!!

18 minutes ago, TylerB said:

Still 110% weird, but okay...

Which with your track record means its not weird at all.... certainly not as weird as making up stories on the internet to look "in the know"

Leave it there shall we ... no more making up silly stories on the internet. Either that or don't trust your in the know insider 🙂

7 hours ago, Joe B said:

Folks, Carol explicitly promised an experienced and successful manager, and Pugh himself has said he's not ready.

Based on this, under no circumstances should it be Danny Pugh. It's a non-discussion.

If it does end up being Pugh, I don't think you can begrudge fans being disappointed and confused, as it contradicts everything being said by the club. 

You shut your face 😉 i have had money on him at 20/1 and 16/1 only 4 games and he gets classed as manager by the bookies goooo arrrrnn Danny lad 🙂 

4 minutes ago, werstayinup said:

You shut your face 😉 i have had money on him at 20/1 and 16/1 only 4 games and he gets classed as manager by the bookies goooo arrrrnn Danny lad 🙂 

I'm the same - in an ideal world he gets the next 4 games and then someone else is brought in.

Hope Flitcroft continues to haggle for another fortnight!

2 hours ago, Vale1995 said:

Mcgreal looking more likely now ive heard that flitcroft has turned down the job after going through the interview process which is strange. Cus why apply if going to turn it down.

so my guess woukd be were looking at mcgreal but not had anything from anyone to say that it is

can imagine if we had offered flitcroft the job maybe we will take more time before we hear anything 

Might as well give it Pugh now until the season ends as i honestly cant see us going down and who knows what could happen

53 minutes ago, Eddie Ford said:

Yet we are paying a Director of Communications a small fortune 

How do you know?

My understanding that whatever wage he gets doesn't all come from the club and he works across the family trusts and businesses. What he gets paid in total and how much comes from each pot I have no idea. I cant imagine he's on mega bucks.

8 minutes ago, TylerB said:

It's not my problem you and a total of about 1 other person actually took what I was saying seriously. More the fool you if anything.

Seems you'd probably believe the Moon is made out of milky bar chocolate if someone said it on a forum without putting an eye roll on the end or something.

<ovf censored> weirdo.

No need to swear just because you look a bit silly for posting 5 messages on a made up story insistent that it was 110% Flitcroft and saying you couldn't reveal your source because it "wouldnt be fair on the bloke"

Silly.

1 hour ago, Alan Baker said:

Damned  unprofessional, really? I'd say it's the opposite. It makes us look like a club who don't rush into things, who are prepared to take their time and not be held to ransom.

In terms of advice, I don't believe our owner needs any other than maybe from Colin.

I'd take unprofessional over 'nice' anytime.

Archived