onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Next Manager

davehartshill

Someone I know suggested that the 'experienced and successful' line was merely a way to placate the fanbase, buying Pugh more time to win games so that he could be given the job.

I told that person that they were talking utter rubbish. I hope I was right.

Advert

3 games, 2 against the bottom 2, is not a good enough sample size to judge a manager on. 
I struggle with the concept that we get promised a successful, experienced manager, and Pugh doesn't want the job himself, and we still end up with Pugh. 
I think I've missed something joe has it been said he's getting the job because if so I completely agree with you

Joe, “Promise “ is a strong word. I’ve just checked and the Sentinel quite is that “the manager has to have a proven record of success.” Now I know that you’re a bit of a wordsmith but it doesn’t promise that, nor is there a definition of success. 
I’m pretty sure that we were promised that we wouldn’t finish 8th but I think it was just a statement.

Nothing would surprise me now but in that article there’s reasoning why we need a manager now and not later so that in itself should rule Danny Pugh out unless he applies and the “promise “isn’t as it says

Unless Flitcroft changes his mind it looks like sloppy seconds. Anyway , back to work.

15 minutes ago, CAVALIER said:

Joe, “Promise “ is a strong word. I’ve just checked and the Sentinel quite is that “the manager has to have a proven record of success.” Now I know that you’re a bit of a wordsmith but it doesn’t promise that, nor is there a definition of success. 
I’m pretty sure that we were promised that we wouldn’t finish 8th but I think it was just a statement.

Nothing would surprise me now but in that article there’s reasoning why we need a manager now and not later so that in itself should rule Danny Pugh out unless he applies and the “promise “isn’t as it says

Unless Flitcroft changes his mind it looks like sloppy seconds. Anyway , back to work.

'The manager has to have a proven record of success' - that's fairly unequivocal in my view? No wiggle room there.

29 minutes ago, dishydave said:
37 minutes ago, Joe B said:
3 games, 2 against the bottom 2, is not a good enough sample size to judge a manager on. 
I struggle with the concept that we get promised a successful, experienced manager, and Pugh doesn't want the job himself, and we still end up with Pugh. 

I think I've missed something joe has it been said he's getting the job because if so I completely agree with you

No, I don't think he will, just a few on here have reacted to this 'Flitcroft wages' rumour by saying they think we'll be OK with Pugh for the season.

I'm saying that that won't happen, as the club + Pugh have said it won't. 

3 hours ago, werstayinup said:

He doesn't have a 40% win rate i think its around 37%

I was asking whether we would want a repeat of his season.

Last season he had a 40% win rate, reached the playoffs and the quarter final of the league cup.

Id snap your hand off for that as we currently sit.

1 hour ago, Joe B said:

Someone I know suggested that the 'experienced and successful' line was merely a way to placate the fanbase, buying Pugh more time to win games so that he could be given the job.

I told that person that they were talking utter rubbish. I hope I was right.

Sounds a bit lord Lucan conspiracy theory to me that.

As you say, utter rubbish... we may end up with a position where we believe the better option if to hang on until the end of the season and see who is available then. But no way was it’s a planned deception.

If it is not the first choice, and nobody else has applied who meets the criteria, keep on looking and wait for suitable managers to be sacked? Possible that Pugh could grow into the job, how many badges does Pugh have? Does he wish to get them while he has more time as a coach? Is he angling to be assistant manager first? Is there a lot of difference between chief coach and that job? Alternatively accept second choice, best laid plans don't always work out. Seems we still have all our players as well. Having said all that a manager could be announced today.

If the first choice doesn't work out, don't just hire the 2nd choice if they are not who you / the fans / the parameters set out want. That's how you get Askey after Askey. We can't go up, won't go down and Pugh at the most will get a bonus for taking first team duties. Cheap and opens up options for the summer, where we can benefit from a manager we want in place with a long transfer window to get the team right.

Why do we assume we know what’s going on? How do we know that Flitcroft is the number one choice? Are we basing it entirely on the bookies, whi generally follow the money, and one or two people on Facebook? It’s crackers. Half the people on here are foaming at the mouth and working themselves up about nothing. 

Archived