onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Next Manager

davehartshill

My prediction is:

Go back to McGreal, who is either unhappy at being second choice or similarly unhappy with the wage package on offer. Turns us down.

Offer it to Pugh again, he may or may not accept.

If he doesn't, look down the discarded shortlist from last week and pick a name out of them.

Repeate this whole process again this time next year when this manager has us sitting in 18th

Surely we won’t have “turned down” McGreal if second choice at this stage. Not until Flitcroft was agreed.

I know talk was Askey was given a 35k a year deal but surely for a manager you should be offered more than that in league two. 130k seems reasonable to me. Just over 2 grand a week. If you want experience it generally costs.

Advert

And let's pray Coughlan isn't on it.

My prediction is:

Go back to McGreal, who is either unhappy at being second choice or similarly unhappy with the wage package on offer. Turns us down.

Offer it to Pugh again, he may or may not accept.

If he doesn't, look down the discarded shortlist from last week and pick a name out of them.

Repeate this whole process again this time next year when this manager has us sitting in 18th

42 minutes ago, Guitar Ray said:

What I would add it that the young defender appears to be very much a Pugh signing which may, or may not, be an indication the route the owners were taking, short term at least.

Better a Pugh signing than no signing, at least they give us options. Pugh is quite capable of looking after the shop, no need for a rush job.

Sting seemed to think, at the time The Fat One was appointing him, that the reason it dragged on was that we wouldn't match Askey's £30k demand.

At the time I thought he must want that for the second half of the season he was taking charge for.

The manager is the single most important position at the club. 

I simply cannot see that we will have gone through this process, promised fans experience, a record of success and generally been very specific on what we want, only for us to now begin chatting wages at this stage.

If we are, then I dare say we've not come as far as I thought we had.

If DF is our man, we should only be getting scuppered now by an offer from somewhere else.

2 minutes ago, eh up nah said:

Sting seemed to think, at the time The Fat One was appointing him, that the reason it dragged on was that we wouldn't match Askey's £30k demand.

At the time I thought he must want that for the second half of the season he was taking charge for.

The manager is the single most important position at the club. 

I simply cannot see that we will have gone through this process, promised fans experience, a record of success and generally been very specific on what we want, only for us to now begin chatting wages at this stage.

If we are, then I dare say we've not come as far as I thought we had.

If DF is our man, we should only be getting scuppered now by an offer from somewhere else.

What do you do if somebody wants more than the going rate, more than you think they are worth?

No smoke without fire as the saying goes. Bookies are drifting, normally a good indication of goings on.

Genuinely wouldn't be overly fussed if he's turned us down at all. My only concern is that I do not get the draw of McGreal.

The bloke has managed 1 x league 2 side. A league 2 side that has played in the Championship in the not too distant past. A side you'd expect to be in & around the top 7 in league 2... 

He made the playoffs once & lost... he doesn't tick any of the boxes Carol talked about & I certainly wouldn't have him down as a "proven record of success". I think Carol's comments regarding the remit might come back to bite.

Archived