onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Next Manager

davehartshill

1 hour ago, Mario said:

Reading the mansfield forum they say Flitcroft had them playing lovely football and it's taken until Clough got there to get them playing and looking like a decent side.

They also say he had a very good budget as he did at Bury and they dont think he will get that here.

My thoughts on that are you still have to manage the side and get them towards the top,many teams who have thrown cash at it haven't done too well,salford,mansfield(since Flitcroft),scunthorpe,Bradford and so on in other Leagues 

Advert

I think we have a squad that is very suited too 3-5-2.

Smith right cb, Crooks left and another to anchor in the middle.

Gibbo monty as first choice wingback, woz and Hurst as back ups. All of then are comfortable defensively and have bags of energy to get up and down the wings.

Not entirely sure we would need a Joyce style player in the middle if we have 3 center halves, so a combination of Manny, Woz, Taylor and Conlon to buzz around the centre of the park and create.

Two up front to keep the "we must play to up top" gang happy too, what's not to like!

1 hour ago, Jacko51 said:

Get the Cowleys and get Robbie to sponsor their wages!!

Genuinely, after watching those two come to the vale with Lincoln and how they conduct themselves, I don't want them anywhere near the vale.

Be like getting behind a team with Steve Evan's in charge.

Would be an almighty struggle

So what time is the announcement tomorrow if there is one ? 

Is it Flitcroft or are we being led up the garden path and really its Mark Hughes or someone ,who knows hey but whoever it is good luck to him ,will he need it ,maybe he will or maybe he will not ,I'm a great believer in you make your own luck let's hope he can get the best out of every player and extra out the ones not deemed good enough by plenty on here .

As professionals they have all proven there good enough somewhere or they would not be employed to play at the highest level ,I hope that the new manager can get Mills Fitzpatrick Whitehead all playing to the level which strengthens Port Vale football club and Leon Legge is reinstated back into the squad as to me he is a terrific player. 

UTV 

42 minutes ago, eh up nah said:

Genuinely, after watching those two come to the vale with Lincoln and how they conduct themselves, I don't want them anywhere near the vale.

Be like getting behind a team with Steve Evan's in charge.

Would be an almighty struggle

I had the same thought myself.  I think it winds you up as the opposition but it's one of those things you're OK with if it's your own manager.  Possibly. 🤔

2 hours ago, Mario said:

Reading the mansfield forum they say Flitcroft had them playing lovely football and it's taken until Clough got there to get them playing and looking like a decent side.

They also say he had a very good budget as he did at Bury and they dont think he will get that here.

I'd suggest we must have a decent budget.  We have owners signing players then, as a consequence, paying players who are effectively on gardening leave.  This coming on top of just sacking our manager, which invariably will mean some sort of financial settlement on the remainder of his contract.  Obviously this could mean that there's no money left in the pot, but I very much doubt it.

Just now, Guitar Ray said:

I'd suggest we must have a decent budget.  We have owners signing players then, as a consequence, paying players who are effectively on gardening leave.  This coming on top of just sacking our manager, which invariably will mean some sort of financial settlement on the remainder of his contract.  Obviously this could mean that there's no money left in the pot, but I very much doubt it.

I am pleasantly surprised how much Carol has backed the club as you say de-selected players having be paid and paying up Askey with no income coming in I would have thought the pot must be being scraped to night.

43 minutes ago, Breadwinner said:

So what time is the announcement tomorrow if there is one ? 

Is it Flitcroft or are we being led up the garden path and really its Mark Hughes or someone ,who knows hey but whoever it is good luck to him ,will he need it ,maybe he will or maybe he will not ,I'm a great believer in you make your own luck let's hope he can get the best out of every player and extra out the ones not deemed good enough by plenty on here .

As professionals they have all proven there good enough somewhere or they would not be employed to play at the highest level ,I hope that the new manager can get Mills Fitzpatrick Whitehead all playing to the level which strengthens Port Vale football club and Leon Legge is reinstated back into the squad as to me he is a terrific player. 

UTV 

Agree about Legge. 

15 hours ago, Jacob_123 said:

Much better appointment than Holloway who you suggested

We will see where Holloway next ends up. The idea he would have been woeful simply does not stack up given what he has achieved in the game. 

My point was getting someone in the Micky Adams mould who had experience through the FL pyramid. In terms of CV, Holloway is probably the closest we would get to Adams.

I believe, and hope to be proved wrong, that Vale need the benefit of an experienced manager who has seen clubs with higher standards , as ours have fallen drastically over the last few years. 

I think all these blokes who have simply kicked around 3rd and 4th tier clubs may not have the vision or contacts to offer something radically different from what we have had. 

3 minutes ago, TJHValiant said:

We will see where Holloway next ends up. The idea he would have been woeful simply does not stack up given what he has achieved in the game. 

My point was getting someone in the Micky Adams mould who had experience through the FL pyramid. In terms of CV, Holloway is probably the closest we would get to Adams.

I believe, and hope to be proved wrong, that Vale need the benefit of an experienced manager who has seen clubs with higher standards , as ours have fallen drastically over the last few years. 

I think all these blokes who have simply kicked around 3rd and 4th tier clubs may not have the vision or contacts to offer something radically different from what we have had. 

It really does. He’s done well at Blackpool ages ago and failed everywhere else. Dreadful person and dreadful manager. 

Archived