onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Next Manager

davehartshill

3 hours ago, Iron Curtain said:

No argument with anything here, sensibly written and no claims of being in the know.

Now let’s have a sensible debate on this. My point isn’t that the vale is attractive compared to Morcambe... it’s that the vale has to be attractive compared to OTHER jobs Adams could get if he completes the job with them. 

If he fails, and they fall short he will still be seen as an excellent manager and will be up for posts like the vale or Bradford. He was already 3rd favourite for the sheff Wednesday job. If however he succeeds, he will have his pick of jobs in league 1 or above over the next 12 months. That’s what you need to compare the Vale opportunity against. 

Anyone coming with the basic argument of the vale being bigger than Morcambe have failed to think this through beyond the immediate term and the options Adams will have if he continues this job at Morcambe.

The risk of him being able to replicate that with us vs staying where he is and getting a golden ticket is pretty high.

My guess is Adams leaves Morcambe in the close season, whether they are promoted or not and gets a job the layman would consider better than the vale job.

Yes, let's have a sensible, no, logical debate about this. 

The logic is simple: clearly Adams doesn't think this if, as reported, he has already been interviewed at Bradford; or, as reported, has a release clause in his contract. He clearly isn't prepared to wait as he knows that timing is everything in football; by the time the season is over, his performance may not seem as good as it looks now, if he fails to get Morecambe into the playoffs. For the simple reason that he will not have lived up to expectations.

So, my guess is that he's looking around while his star is high in the firmament; by the time the season ends, his reputational standing may well be falling and who knows whether he can repeat this season's performance. He clearly knows this: it's called risk assessment.

Strike while the iron is hot is the simple logic.

Advert

5 minutes ago, CambridgeDon said:

Yes, let's have a sensible, no, logical debate about this. 

The logic is simple: clearly Adams doesn't think this if, as reported, he has already been interviewed at Bradford; or, as reported, has a release clause in his contract. He clearly isn't prepared to wait as he knows that timing is everything in football; by the time the season is over, his performance may not seem as good as it looks now, if he fails to get Morecambe into the playoffs. For the simple reason that he will not have lived up to expectations.

So, my guess is that he's looking around while his star is high in the firmament; by the time the season ends, his reputational standing may well be falling and who knows whether he can repeat this season's performance. He clearly knows this: it's called risk assessment.

Strike while the iron is hot is the simple logic.

Yeah could be... depends on whether he is a risk taker or not.

If he is risk adverse he will be wanting to cash in now.

If he is more of a gambler he might be holding out for a huge payday like Cowley got at Huddersfield.

Earning an extra £50k at the vale won’t change his life.

Again, I have no idea but all I’m saying it’s not a simple “Vale are bigger than Morcambe decision”

19 hours ago, werstayinup said:

I think Pugh said the new manager will be watching i dont think he meant will be there,i think people have just read in to it,for me he meant those interviewed will be watching somewhere and one of those will obviously be the new manager

I meant watching the game live Karl 🤣

17 hours ago, The Kalamazoo Kid said:

Flitcroft is now 1/8 with Skybet - odds like that usually mean its as good as done.

Not necessarily a mate of mine tells me Bilic was 1/20 to get the Lard job before they gave it to Lambert.

But yes in general I'd agree and they even said on Quest it's basically him 

2 hours ago, darren1810 said:

Not necessarily a mate of mine tells me Bilic was 1/20 to get the Lard job before they gave it to Lambert.

But yes in general I'd agree and they even said on Quest it's basically him 

They also said Vale hadn't scored more than 4 since 2012. Short memories.

What I've found interesting about the pro Adams drive is to the best of my knowledge he's played his whole of his career with one up front. There are a lot of pro 442 posters calling for him. I can only remember him playing 4 2 3 1. The little I know of him I wouldn't imagine him changing much.

Flitcroft tends to play either 4 2 3 1 or 4 4 2. Known as a bit of a tinker man. I think he went 4 4 2 all the time at Mansfield. He went 4 3 3 a few times at Swindon. He's famous for a couple of outbursts at complaining fan. Famously telling Bury fans to stay at home if all they want to do is moan!

What I've found interesting about the pro Adams drive is to the best of my knowledge he's played his whole of his career with one up front. There are a lot of pro 442 posters calling for him. I can only remember him playing 4 2 3 1. The little I know of him I wouldn't imagine him changing much.
Flitcroft tends to play either 4 2 3 1 or 4 4 2. Known as a bit of a tinker man. I think he went 4 4 2 all the time at Mansfield. He went 4 3 3 a few times at Swindon. He's famous for a couple of outbursts at complaining fan. Famously telling Bury fans to stay at home if all they want to do is moan!

Flitcroft actually favours three at the back but does mix it up as you say

The more I read about flitcroft the more I like him. I think some of us fans just as much as the players need putting in our place by a new manager.

Archived